Getting Sick & Tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Sick & Tired

ADC members. I am getting fed up. I am currently in three ADC games. These games have all had multiple NMRs and now delays. I have to open 2 or 3 threads to see what is going on in each, who responded, etc. This is becoming a waste of F'N time.

I am in DIP 50, DIP 65 and ADCT Final. Will someone be so kind as to reply to THIS thread and tell me what the current due dates are for each? I am very close to walking.

Comment

Fitzy,
      You can walk on 50 since you won't talk to the Chinese Emperor
      But don't you dare in ADCT, Hoggy get that going!
      Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Dip 50 is on hold until MDR gets his comp up and running again, and we find a new Holland and a new France, so don't sweat the due date on that one.
        His Divine Shadow
        zeon_archduchy@hotmail.com

"Do you know what 'nemesis' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified, in this case, by a horrible c**t: me." - Bricktop, _Snatch_

Comment

ADCT, hmm, how about a draw

But seriously: discipline on Apolyton seems to be declining. In a way, this is not an invitation for new people to play there. (and a few olds left, right)

PS:
          I just barely managed not to comment on Dip 50. :-)

Comment

Well, being only in Dip Apocralypse since Hoggy GMed the Final Game, and being rather busy at college this semester, I've been reasonably okay with the slowdown. But once the summer starts again, hmm, maybe things will pick up? And from the ashes of old decrepit games new games with people still interested will start up?
            All syllogisms have three parts.
            Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

I believe that Snowfire has stumbled onto the problem. This club is to quick to allow new games to start up. We need to establish some disapline and finish the existing games. The same people that quit/resign active positions run off and join new games. This needs to stop. Ruffhaus had a wonderful point system that basically was a glorified attendence record. No players with negative point standings should be A) joining new games while in existing games or B) Playing in multiple games. This means that the GMs need to be more selective and strict.

Comment

Interesting "accusation" (well, not really). I've long been of the same opinion- in the past. Back then, I felt far too many new games were started up, and we had precisely that problem.

However, right now, there's been the unusual situation of a paucity of games- really only 3 as best I can tell, and I'm only in 1 of them. And lots of them are going really slowly.

So yes, I agree in general, but right now- let's face it, it seems that at least some of these games might be dead (I reserve the right to be totally wrong, and hope so). If they get going again, that's great. But if they don't, well, maybe 1 or 2 new games with people who still care about playing will take their place, and then we'll have dynamic, moving games instead of complaining about these old ones which may never move that fast with their current roster.

As for being selective, let me assure you that I would have been a very selective GM, sending out invatations first and then only filling empty slots via thread post. But I never started a game of my own precisely because in the past too many other people were starting games, and I didn't want to flood the market even more.
                All syllogisms have three parts.
                Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Maybe we need a "commitment" system (probably based on Ruff's index) - where the GM of a new game sets the commitment level required for players to take part, so some games only have experienced, commited players. For the others, we can have a set of Newbie games, as run by Sahib in the past and me at the moment. And for the rest who aren't newbies but have really bad commitment, maybe it's no loss if we lose them...
                  "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

Working...
                  X