Dipworld updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dipworld updates

Hey, just wanted to see how everyone's games are going.

Mine (DW8) got off to an interesting start. Germany and England seemed to be allied, and France lost Paris to the Germans early. Meanwhile, Russia and Turkey trade Constantinople and Sevastopol, and I have a good shot at control of the balkans (even though I only took Serbia this year)

How are all your games going?
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Well, my game has not started too well - I'm Turkey and Russia decided to throw everything south in the first turn. I thought this might happen, but I'm having difficulty persuading Germany or Austria how big a threat an early-expanding Russia is. This next turn will show whether my diplomacy has worked - if not, I could be in real trouble already....
    "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

Can anyone inform me as to what a "Black Sea exchange" between Turkey and Russia is and how I could spot one? Italy claims to have spotted one, and is crying juggernaut, but I just don't see it and need to know where to build....and fast
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

I'm England, and I have Stephen Agar below me as France, and a German fleet in the North Sea. Oh dear.
        Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Orange,

he may just be right about the juggernaut. What he is reffering to as the black sea exchange (although I didn´t know it has an official opening name) is exactly what happened in your game: by exchanging a home SC, they make optimum use of their forces. See, usually the russian fleet is often very ineffective after the opening, being stuck to defend Bla. At the same time, Turkey has not enough fleets to overcome a committed IA alliance.

What they did now is freeing the russian fleet for bluewater operations in the medsea while lending each other a dot for the time being.

In short: your Italy is probably right that they are working together. And a juggernaut, expertly concealed, is a deadly thing to happen. If the others don´t realize what´s coming up, they´ll soon have no choice to retaliate. The only thing that usually disdurbs the juggernaut is that Turkey, usually being the weaker part, tends to mistrust the big russian. Don´t be to hopeful for that to happen here, with the Turk having an army in Sev and no threat from a russian fleet once it has sailed west.

So, build A Vie, and , more impoetant, make sure England understands the threat and sends a fleet north.

Comment

Thanks Sahib, I appreciate the advice.

Russia claims he has no idea what I am accusing him off, saying that he had to look up the term to see what I was talking about, and has build A Mos and F Stp. Almost seems legitimate?

The Turkish moves seem all to convenient though, especially for someone who is a supposed 'vet'.

EG is after R anyway, so I don't see why he'd waste time in the south...he'll be defeated, Turkey makes the only real gains in such an alliance.

Comment

The two games I'm in seem to be going well.

My first game I'm France, and expanding fairly smoothly, yet the lingering paranoia is always there.

My second I'm a replacement and have already been called names!
              What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                Thanks Sahib, I appreciate the advice.

Russia claims he has no idea what I am accusing him off, saying that he had to look up the term to see what I was talking about, and has build A Mos and F Stp. Almost seems legitimate?

The Turkish moves seem all to convenient though, especially for someone who is a supposed 'vet'.

EG is after R anyway, so I don't see why he'd waste time in the south...he'll be defeated, Turkey makes the only real gains in such an alliance.
                Two notes:

first, I would not be so sure EG attack R soon. Infact, if R builds Mos and/or StP, it´s him who puts pressure on E in Nwy. And even if he´d lose Swe, I don´t see him dying just yet. A weak Russia would be the ideal partner for your Turkey (a very experienced player)

and second: if Russia does not build in War, then he must be totally dumb. Wich, given your first game year, seems not to be the case. So watch out for an attack on Gal!

Comment

Look at this map and remember, L'etat c'est moi.

This is ****ing great for me. Russia and I are working really well and I have my hand round Germany's throat. I only hope Turkey and Austria will back off Russia a little so that I can work with Russia. And Italy isn't even a threat, look at them, they're going to get gobbled up asap...

Life couldn't be better.

Comment

*posts link to map*

Discover the latest breaking news in CA and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

Comment

Very nice Larry

Comment

Working...
                      X