Dip 50, Imp3 - REPLACEMENT FRANCE NEEDED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dip 50, Imp3 - REPLACEMENT FRANCE NEEDED

With Du Chateau's self-enforced absence, we need a replacement France for Dip 50. Anyone willing to take up the position? Since it hasn't been posted on the Winter 1868 thread, yet, I will send a copy of the current map.

Thanks in advance...
    "I kick a$$ for the Lord!"
    -- Father McGruder, Peter Jackson's _Dead Alive_

I think I know why I left the game......

Comment

Good for you, Sahib...go troll somewhere else...

Comment

Ooops, someone angry with me? ohhh.... well. *trolls away laughing*

Comment

No, I'm not angry. You were simply being impolite. You chose to leave the game...leave it at that.

Comment

Sorry, MDR, if you felt I was rude. I didn´t mean to. I was not critizising you if this is how you understood my post. It´s just that I had proposed to end the game because I though it would go on like that: NMRs galore, people giving up, leaving, getting bored. It´s not your fault. I had asked to draw the game before it deteriorates even further. I got no support, fine. But it seems to me that I was not so wrong after all. Couldn´t help posting therefore, the other day. *finally trolls away for good and stops bothering the others*

Comment

I'm afraid that I don't understand this. The title of the thread is "Dip 50, Imp3 - REPLACEMENT FRANCE NEEDED." We needed a replacement France because the original player abandoned the position because he was losing. His replacement was a player with a long history of NMRs, overcommiting to Dip responsibilities here, and going awol or offline for months at time. The blame for this is not MDR's, although I would like to point out that the player ratings might help evaluate potential replacement's reliability.

I for one refuse to accept a draw here because someone resigned from a game that wasn't going their way. I'm not going to encourage or reward that behavior. I'm not happy with NMRs and long delays either. But they delays were largely due to holidays, and all games here at Apolyton slowed down during this time.

The real problem was Victor and Scott abandoniong doomed positions and the game because their France-Holland power play failed, and they were both too lazy to do the diplomacy to better their position. This behavior is disappointing, but in all fairness NOT indicative of either player's past history. It did however stall the game's momentum. And the fault for this is not with MDR, or me for refusing Victor's demands that the CSA stab Mexico (or vice versa), or anyone else but the players who left. Of course it didn't help losing out Turkish player either.

Now, the point of the thread was to find a replacement player for France, which those of us who want to continue the game need. If you aren't here to discuss that, please take your gripe elsewhere. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but I think people forget just how much work it takes to GM and make maps on a map like this. Let's give MDR a little credit and flexibility in dealing with the game's unfortunate personnel events. Thanks.
              What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

DITO
                Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Hey, I offered to replace France

:snicker:
                  "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                  You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

MDR,

Ask Mensius. He's been Dispossessed from two positions in two games and might be feeling a bit froggy.
                    His Divine Shadow
                    zeon_archduchy@hotmail.com

"Do you know what 'nemesis' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified, in this case, by a horrible c**t: me." - Bricktop, _Snatch_

Comment

Hey Sahib, apology accepted. You're right, of course, I simply read the post wrong. It must be all those years playing Diplomacy against Jesuit priests that has me seeing the worst in anything said...

Thanks Ruff...you well understand the problems of this map and its effects on players and GMs alike. I took Du in because it was only fair.

HDS has also got a point. I'll go dig up Mensius' email and ask if he wants in...

Comment

My DITO got no acknowledgement.
                        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Well, DITO to you, too, Defiant...

Comment

That's because it's *DITTO* you big spammer! No one know what dito means.
                            What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

ok, I'm interested. I'll want to check the frog position, but I think that I would like france
                              "Hemmingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for.".... I agree with the secong part."
                              Det. William Somerset

Comment

Working...
                              X