A Serbia - Bulgaria
    A Rumania supports A Serbia - Bulgaria
    F Odessa supports A Rumania - hold
    F Western Black Sea supports Russian F Ankara - Istanbul
    F Eastern Black Sea supports Russian F Georgia - Ankara

Spring 1996 Map

Next Deadline
    Please check for errors.

Fall 96 orders due Christmas Eve at Midnight or Monday 24th Midnight, GMT -3. So give me a nice Xmas present and don't NMR.

What does A Bul-Ist bounce with exactly?
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

And, IIRC, though the map doesn't show it, England owns Ireland.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

Retreats to Istanbul, please
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

A-Bul can't retreat to Ist if that's where it was bounced out of in the previous turn - am I wrong?
          "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

A-Bul can't retreat to Ist if that's where it was bounced out of in the previous turn
            "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

Right, but I don't see what caused A Bul-Ist to bounce, hence it probably didn't bounce.
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

I know that this NMR is mostly my own fault, and yet I reserve the right to say 'Bah !'. I had no idea when the deadline was, and I'm regular to receiving an ICQ message before the deadline.

Anyway, I'll learn for next times.
                "There's room at the top they are telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill, if you want to be like the folks on the hill" - John Lennon

"Life is wasted on the living."
                -Douglas Adams

Comment

ok, retreat to Gre then
                  You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                    ok, retreat to Gre then
                    turkish A Bul-Ist bounces with Russian F Ank-Ist (destroyed) and thus may retreat only to Mac or gre

Bye and hail to the people having fun at me

BTW, do you know the "reply" button in your email client ? ;-)
                    -----------------
                    someone said one day to me " I did'nt realize you were playing above board with me until I betrayed you and was punished by the others". Don't make the same mistake !

Comment

Actually, Victor is correct here. Turkish A Bulgaria to Istanbul is uncontested because Turkish F Istanbul defeated (3v2) and dislodged Russian F Ankara on the Istanbul/Ankara border, which the Russian unit never crossed so there is no bounce.
                      What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

You're right, dunno why I made the mistake there... I'll correct the map tomorrow. Sorry for the messup.

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFHAUS 8
                          Actually, Victor is correct here. Turkish A Bulgaria to Istanbul is uncontested because Turkish F Istanbul defeated (3v2) and dislodged Russian F Ankara on the Istanbul/Ankara border, which the Russian unit never crossed so there is no bounce.
                          IMHO and comprehension of the rules set, there can be no retreat to a province claimed in the current turn (that is, either left, or accessed)
                          Here, Ist was claimed by Russian F Ank, it having been defeated notwithstanding.
                          This there can be no retreat to Ist, IMHO

Let's take another example : imagine a bounce and one of the two units being defeated (flanked). Could it retreat in the bounced-to province ? I'm sure it can not.

Another way : imagine a mutual arranged standoff (Vie and Bud on Tri) to protect Tri and leave it free for building. Imagine that italian A Tyr also tries to sneak into Tri. The purpose of the arranged standoff was exactly to repell it's attack.
                          Now, imagine that A Tyr is attacked and defeated by, say, a germano-french coalition. Could A Tyr retreat to Tri ? No.

the argument of 'it never crossed the border' is smoky (I try a translation of "fumeux") because I thought the rules stated that all moves are simultaneous.

This was my 0.01 € message of the day 8-)
                          -----------------
                          someone said one day to me " I did'nt realize you were playing above board with me until I betrayed you and was punished by the others". Don't make the same mistake !

Comment

Greece, Istanbul...I don't care! Just retreat the ****ing unit so I can waste all your asses with our nuclear arsenal! The Ottomans will rise again!!!!

In other news, President orange of Turkey has been declared criminally insane and has been deposed in a military coup. Turkey's acting dictator had this to say...

"well, after that outburst during the UN meeting, we realized it was time to kick the bastard out on his ass"
                            Last edited by orange; December 20, 2001, 22:36.

Comment

There's no bounce in Istanbul. Turkey won the conflict 3v2, moving from Istanbul to Ankara. Turkey vacated Istanbul in doing so. There's no restriction on retreating there.
                              What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Working...
                              X