Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dip 50, Imp3 - NEEDS A NEW FRANCE

Hey All,

Dip 50 needs a new France. The position is a little battered, but still playable. You can find the current map under the Dip50 SUMMER RETREATS thread. Will someone help us out?

Thanks in advance.
    "I kick a$$ for the Lord!"
    -- Father McGruder, Peter Jackson's _Dead Alive_

Still looking...

Anyone willing to take this position?

Comment

C'mon Chazzy, dis-engage Jillian from your nipple and join the war! I promise not to stab you right away
      Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

There's no one on this board willing to take this position?

Comment

I guess I will take the position if noone wants it.

Comment

if you don't want it Du, I'll take it.
            "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

No offense, but I'd probably feel safer with orange taking over.
              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

It doesn't matter what you think Victor, you gave up the country, if it mattered to you , you wouldn't have quit. Du Chateau asked first, he should be allowed to get it.
                Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

Ok then, put me down as a back up if you need another replacement.
                  "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                  You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I didn't quit, I ordered all my units proxied to Holland. Then MDR just started looking for a replacement. And I just said nothing because it lightens my diplomacy games load.
                    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

So, who's playing France right now? Confederate minds want to know?
                      What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Victor,
                        You can only proxy your units at the dicretion of the GM, and MDR realizes proxying those units would be stupid so he is looking for a replacement, which is the correct procedure. You don't get to tell him that you want your units proxied, it must be agreed upon by the GM. So in essence, you did quit, regardless of your reasoning.

President Ruffhaus VIII of CSA,
                        is that...........................conceded minds want to know.

Comment

Du's got the country since he asked first.

Victor, you quit. You weren't even going to write orders for your own units. Let someone else give it a shot.

If you had something like four units left & proxied them, I would have let that go through. Proxying yourself to Holland now would have made him too powerful without him earning it.

Well, thanks to the amount of time it took to get a replacement France, I doubt we'll get to the next turn until after the Holidays. I'll be out of internet contact from Dec. 12th to Jan. 7th. It'll take at least to December 12th for Du to get settled in with the country.

Who was supposed to be the temp GM in times of need? We set it up at the beginning of the game, when everyone was having trouble trying to find a full-time GM for the game. Was it Snowfire?

Comment

MDR,
                            First of all, have a nice vacation, we should start asking people but I will try and persuade Chazzy, as long as it is temporary, he just finished off Titans and his outlook is bleak in Frontier, so he might be willing. That is of coarse if Snowfire doesn't want to do it, he might enjoy GM'ing this game temporarily.

Comment

It will be temporary. I would do it over the holidays since I'd actually have some extra time, but I won't have access to the internet, much less a machine that can view the map.

Comment

Working...
                              X