Dip 50, Imp3 Summer RETREATS and Fall 1868 DEADLINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dip 50, Imp3 Summer RETREATS and Fall 1868 DEADLINE

Would have had these out this weekend, but the fan on my CPU heatsink died. Took me several days to find a suitable replacement fan\heatsink for a creaky old machine like my Pentium II...

JAPAN

F SoJAPAN -> EDO

CSA

F GoGUINEA -> CAMEROON

DEADLINE

Fall 1868 Orders:
    Thursday, Nov. 29th @ 11:59pm
    "I kick a$$ for the Lord!"
    -- Father McGruder, Peter Jackson's _Dead Alive_

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
    What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

I'm sorry, but I just don't have the time, interest, or inclination to continue playing. I've been bored sick with this game for the past three or four game years and have only been staying on because it is inevitable that whoever replaces me will sell out Victor in some shady deal. Now, I have three major end-of-the-semester projects to work on, and I don't have time to stay involved in so many things. As such, you'll have to either find a new Holland or have Victor write up proxy moves or something. I just don't have the time anymore.

Comment

*waves*

Comment

I preffer the Victor making up orders variant
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

I bet you do, Victor. Somehow, I feel that wouldn't be the wise decision.

Comment

Well if Scott feels it's the best option, he can do that instead of giving up the country, it's his right, and it saves us the trouble of hiring a replacement.

That and it gives us some chance of stopping Ruff's solo, since you and Britain are obviously too spineless to do that
              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

I wouldn't mind proxying Holland if it was simply a 4 dot power. However, Holland is one of the major players on the map. I need a legitimate replacement.

Comment

I don't have a problem letting Victor accept a proxy from Scott for a turn or two if the real reason Scott is stepping aside is his busy schedule. One might even argue that Victor's essentially been making these moves all along.

The problem here is by Scott's own admission. He's bored with the game. This is probably because he's playing it gunboat, except for his dealings with Victor. Well, it's no small wonder that the game is boring and units are stalemated when you don't talk to the other players.

I have received ZERO pieces of diplomatic correspondence in this game from Holland. Now you could say that is due to the fact that I am at war with Holland, but then again that tends to happen why players don't talk to me. And even so, I was at war with England at one time in this game too. Still I'd been willing to bet that very few other nation have seen negotiations with Holland of any kind. And that's the thing to remember here. The game isn't just chess on a Risk map.

I think Michael is right that we need a permanent player for Holland. Maybe if include the map link in your advertisement. Hell, it's the best position on the map right now. It ought to be snapped right up. Just don't let Berzerker get it!
                  What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Nobody likes talking to the CSA, they always STAB!

I haven't received any correspondence from Holland since the initial game start, I tried to suade them to stabbing Victor but to no avail.

Since Chazzy is history with his other Holland, maybe he would like to try this Holland, or Berzerker would make an excellent addition.

BUT, there has to be a replacement, too powerful of a country.
                    Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

*waves AGAIN*

Comment

Sorry about that El, I missed your first wave (& the evil grin). I take it this means you want to take over the position? If so, email me directly. I check my gte account more often than I do Apolyton.

Comment

The problem is exactly this: I've talked to England, the CSA, and Mexico, and nothing happened. I did this several times. Both Holland and I knew that nothing was going to happen, and we just ended up making sure. This game is not particularly fun at this point, because alliances have crystalized to the point where about the only thing diplomacy can earn me is a turn or two's reprieve from Austrian attacks. While opening up Holland for diplomacy might spark a renewed interest, that's a situation I can only keep the status quo or lose in. Worst case scenario, I get someone stupid who stabs me and ends up taking out about the last thing that can potentially stop the CSA from soloing. This game is basically over at this point anyway.
                          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Bah... So do we get two TKOs now? First Holland bails out claiming bordorm, and now France?

Victor, I'll agree that you have at least been talking - to me, and to Mexico, and to England. However, your offer sucks. And apparently you make the same offer to England and Mexico. And they must think it sucks too. The problem is exactly *this*: France and Holland are huge imperial powers, with no intention of turning on the other, ever. Additionally they made enemies with England, China, Japan, Russia, Austria, and have managed only to stay nuetral with Turkey. I think the reason that's it's boring is that France and Holland tried (too early) to take on the world. And now it's backfiring. So let's not paint this picture that it's my side stalling the game. We are making progress on our end. No one has presented me with a rational reason to switch sides.

The CSA and Mexico started the game allied with a whopping 7 units between us. I went north, he went south. With all the discussions we've had your only offer to me has been "stab Mexico, and France will attack England." That's just great! Everyone is, and has been attacking England all game. How does this benefit me? I have zippy reason to stab a loyal ally , particularly when he is keeping the monster F/H allinace away from my shores. Add to that the fact that F/H would claim more of his centers than I would, and more importantly control of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, and that makes a stab of Mexico fairly foolish for me. But while we're at it I actually pulled out of the boot party and and accepted Orange_1's offer of truce and alliance, forgoing easy builds and found a use for England.

If you want to declare the game a CSA solo, then fine, I'll accept such a concession, but that's not my objective. If you think the games boring then start making realistic offers to other powers.

Comment

Look Victor,
                              If anyone should be complaining it should be me, my country has been attacked by every sovereign nation within striking distance, including YOU. You thought it was real funny when we had an alliance and then you put one right between my shoulder blades with England. Japan has been a pest from the beginning and won't go away, a credit to him. Turkey is beating the hell out of me in the Western front, for christ sake, CSA is trying to land units in Kam. The only ally I have left is England and I still think this is an extremely interesting game cause there is so much unpredictability left.

I think Hoggy would make an excellent addition cause he is smart and isn't about to do anything stupid. Give him a chance.
                              Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Working...
                              X