HOTW2 - Its Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOTW2 - Its Coming

After much debate and upsetting of mods, the longest running Civ 2 game of all time is heading to the S&D forums.......
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Re: HOTW2 - Its Coming

Originally posted by Rasputin
    After much debate and upsetting of mods, the longest running Civ 2 game of all time is heading to the S&D forums.......
    Can you expand on that? Sounds interesting....
    'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

drop by the Civ2 MP forum, its cluttered with threads about HOTW
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

HOTW 2 is a game of civ played where the story behiond it is jsut as important if not more so than then actual game itslef. we try to base our actions in hte game on how the story develops in the thread.

Now we have entered a unique phase in civ 2 gaming, we want to hold elections for the style of leader that will lead the civ in each session (same human , just differnet stlye) ming has decided he doesnt want the MP forum clutterd with polls for the HOTW game and so RAH proposed moving in here ..

So here we come....
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

And I was just about to ask that they remove the word Stories from the name of this forum to avoid misleading people.
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
            HOTW 2 is a game of civ played where the story behiond it is jsut as important if not more so than then actual game itslef. we try to base our actions in hte game on how the story develops in the thread.

Now we have entered a unique phase in civ 2 gaming, we want to hold elections for the style of leader that will lead the civ in each session (same human , just differnet stlye) ming has decided he doesnt want the MP forum clutterd with polls for the HOTW game and so RAH proposed moving in here ..

So here we come....
            Cheers for the info. I had a look at the threads and it does seem that Ming is holding his own against a horde of barbarians....
            'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Well maybe not, there are a few options on the table. We might move the forums and OOC stuff to CivFanatics rather than here. We all have to talk it over and decide what to do.

Personally i like the idea of CivFanatics, it spreads our game out to two communities and increases interest in diplogames.

Capo is posting a poll about what we should do with our polls, hehe.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

And I was just about to ask that they remove the word Stories from the name of this forum to avoid misleading people.
                And that makes a difference how?
                I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

It would discourage the occasional Story thread from popping up here. They don't last, and they can only clutter up the board.
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

Do you understand what hotw is victor? Its a diplomacy game as much as it is a story. Your platform here...is...(I still don't get it), ours is just civ2. I don't see what the big deal would be.....

We might go to cfc anyway, so you guys wont have to put up with us either

We're refugees! No one wants us
                    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Working...
                    X