• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dip 55: Hagakure Diplomacy Autumn 1572 Results

Dip 55: Hagakure Diplomacy Autumn 1572 Results

ORDERS:

Shimazu – Ruffhaus8 (light green)
    F-Chikuzen SUPPORTS F-Korea Strait > Nagato (ok)
    F-Buzen HOLDS (ok)
    F-Korea Strait > Nagato (ok)
    F-E. China Sea > Korea Strait (ok)
    F-Bungo > Suo Sea (*bounce*)

Hojo – Defiant (dark purple)
    F-Edo Bay . Pacific Ocean (ok)
    A-Izu > Suruga (*bounce*)
    A-Sagami > Kai (ok)
    A-Shimosa > Sagami (ok)
    F-Mutsu HOLDS (ok)

Uesugi – El Awrence (dark blue)
    A-Noto > Etchu (ok)
    F-Toyama Bay SUPPORTS A-Noto > Etchu (ok)
    A-Musashi SUPPORTS Hojo A-Sagami > Kai (ok)
    A-Echigo > N. Shinano (*bounce*)
    A-Kozuke > Echigo (*bounce*)

Mori – Dr. Tzuri (light blue)
    A-Aki > Suo (ok)
    A-B!tchu > Sanuki (*bounce*)
    F-Nagato SUPPORTS F-Inland Sea > Suo Sea (*support cut, dislodged, retreat to Iwami, South Sea of Japan or OTB*)
    F-Inland Sea > Suo Sea (*bounce*)

Oda – His Divine Shadow (red)
    A-Mino > Omi (*bounce*)
    A-Iga SUPPORTS A-Yamato > Yamashiro (ok)
    A-Ise SUPPORTS A-Yamato > Yamashiro (ok)
    A-Yamato > Yamashiro (ok)

Asakura – Snowfire (yellow)
    F-Echizen > Wakasa Bay (ok)
    A-Omi SUPPORTS A-Yamashiro (*support cut*)
    A-Tamba SUPPORTS A-Omi (ok)
    A-Yamashiro SUPPORTS A-Omi (*support cut, dislodged, DESTROYED*)
    A-Settsu SUPPORTS A-Yamashiro (*support cut*)

Chosokabe – MDR (light purple)
    F-Iyo SUPPORTS F-Awa > Sanuki (ok)
    F-Awa > Sanuki (ok)
    F-Kii > Kawachi (ok)
    F-Osaka Bay > Settsu (*bounce*)

Takeda – Midian (dark green)
    A-N.Shinano > Echigo (*bounce*)
    A-Etchu > Noto (*bounce, dislodged, retreat to Kaga, Hida, S.Shinano or OTB)
    A-Kai > Musashi (*bounce, dislodged, DESTROYED*)
    A-Suruga SUPPORTS A-Kai (*support cut*)

Map is at:
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Please check for accuracy

GM COMMENTS: Retreats are needed from Takeda (A-Etchu has been moved to S.Shinano on the map) and Mori (F-Nagato has been moved to Iwami on the map). Please either confirm these retreats on this thread or pick an alternative. Please have these in within 24 hours. Builds/disbands will be due on Thursday 26 July at 1159GMT (I know Defiant’s on holiday, but he has no builds). Remember that you can build in any SC you have held for an Autumn turn (the box is coloured your faction colour on the map).

SC COUNT AND ADJUSTMENTS:
    Total SCs = 36
    SCs needed for solo = 25
    Home SCs are listed in bold

Shimazu – 6 SCs 1 build
    SATSUMA, OSUMI, CHIKUGO, HIZEN, BUNGO, Nagato

Hojo – 6 SCs 1 build
    IZU, SAGAMI, KAZUSA, HITACHI, Mutsu

Uesugi – 5 SCs no change
    KOZUKE, ECHIGO, SADO, NOTO, Musashi

Oda – 5 SCs 1 build
    OWARI, MIKAWA, YAMATO, Mino, Yamashiro

Asakura – 4 SCs No change
    ECHIZEN, OMI, SETTSU, INABA

Chosokabe – 4 SCs No change
    IYO, TOSA, AWAJI, KII

Takeda – 3 SCs No change
    S.SHINANO, N.SHINANO, TOTOMI, KAI

Mori – 3 SCs 1 disband
    IWAMI, IZUMO, BINGO

POWER RANKING:
    I’ve never done one of these before, but I liked Snowfire’s one for the tourney game, so I thought I’d give it a go. The pack is starting to separate a bit now too, so the game is getting interesting.

1. Shimazu: From a comfortable starting position on the island of Kyushu, Clan Shimazu has been able to pick up a number of uncontested SCs. As with all island powers, the real test comes when trying to establish a bridgehead on the mainland. This achieved, at the expense of Clan Mori, and with the naval power to back it up, the future for Shimazu looks very bright indeed.

2. Hojo: Shifting alliances in the north have left a confusing picture over the last couple of turns. However, an agreement with Uesugi seems to be working out and, if it holds, there could be rich pickings in Takeda lands. However, even together, cracking into Takeda’s tight defence could be more difficult than first thought. Expansion after that is also limited.

3. Uesugi: Not much to tell between Hojo and Uesugi, although Uesugi perhaps has more room for manoeuvre in the long run, with the ability to expand along the north coast. Expansion against Takeda is looking more likely now the corner has been turned but this, as mentioned above, relies on a lot of trust between Hojo and Uesugi. If this fails to hold, the future of N. Japan would be in the balance again – at this stage, it would be hard to pick a winner of that fight.

4. Oda: The congested central plain of Japan was always going to be a bottleneck where diplomacy would be of vital importance. Currently on top is Clan Oda, which has managed to break the Asakura defence with the help of Chosokabe. Oda now looks well-placed to press home the advantage and dominate the centre. Peace with Takeda has also proved decisive in the rear, and both have benefited by being able to concentrate on other objectives. In the long-run, however, because of its central position, Oda is never going to have a quiet life, and it could be constrained by a slow expansion, while others with more space have had time to grow.

5. Chosokabe: Expansion has been somewhat tentative, but the longer-term prospects look better. The need to maintain a fleet to protect against Mori advances has been partly to blame for this, but this will perhaps ease up now after Shimazu’s attack on Nagato. Chosokabe has also gained a foothold on the main island and seems to be benefiting from an alliance with Oda against Asakura. Much will depend on the long-term solidity of this alliance and an eye will have to be kept on a strengthening Shimazu in the west.

6. Asakura: Things have recently turned sour for Asakura, with Chosokabe and Oda allying against it. The clan suffers somewhat from widespread forces, with the northern fleet unable to provide any support for the war in the south, and this could prove decisive. Intense diplomacy could well be the key to survival.

7. Takeda: An alliance with Hojo seems to have turned against Takeda, with Hojo moving into the Uesugi camp. The future looks fairly bleak if this alliance holds but, with a fairly tight defence, it may be possible to hold the line for a while. Expansion, however, could be more difficult.

8. Mori: Concentration on the Suo Sea stand-off with Chosokabe has hampered expansion and perhaps allowed Shimazu to sneak in the back door. This could well spell serious trouble for Mori, but he has room to manoeuvre if he can muster a strong enough defence. He may even be able to capitalise on war in the centre to expand a little.

Bloody hell, that took longer than I thought it would.

GAME CONTACTS:

GM: The Orange One
    email: the_orange1@hotmail.com

Shimazu: Ruffhaus
    email: ruffhaus8@aol.com

Uesugi: El Awrence
    email: hodad1984@mixmail.com

Asakura: Snowfire
    email: peter.Ingraham@oberlin.edu

Oda: His Divine Shadow
    email: zeon_archduchy@hotmail.com

Hojo: Defiant
    email: defiant@charter.net

Takeda: Midian
    Email; mctaggert@door.net

Mori: Dr. Tzuri
    Email; tzuri4@walla.co.il

Chosokabe: MDR
    Email: mikedr@gte.net
    Last edited by the_orange1; July 30, 2001, 04:22.
    "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Mori has confirmed retreat to Iwami.

Comment

Now all we need are builds and disbands.

Can't send in orders w\o those
      "I kick a$$ for the Lord!"
      -- Father McGruder, Peter Jackson's _Dead Alive_

Comment

Still waiting for confirmation of Midian's retreat. It will stay where it is on the map if I haven't heard by tonight and I will post builds/disbands - I have all of them in.

Patience, my young friend, is a skill all prospective samurai must master.

Comment

Patience?

If I had giesha assassins, then I'd be patient

I guess dutch guns will have to do.

Never listen to a Jesuit. They'll talk down to you while trying to bless your buddhist temples. You ever see what happens to a group of monks in an enclosed room with a hundred exploding buddha statues? Not pretty.

Comment

Trouble is, what gets boring using geishas is mopping up rebel armies.

And, I agree, those Portuguese are a barbaric and uncouth lot... we should burn their so called country to the ground.

Comment

Yeah, but I love the giesha's style and choice of musical instruments.

As for Portugal...it's best to leave them in the dark lands as it is. Let them suffer the unclean world of 1600s Europe. We've got hot springs!

Comment

After my vacation from the beaches of Shimazu learning warfare tactics I believe I have noticed a error in the moves sequence for the Hojo people.
                My A-Sag > Kai should have worked, here is the reason

Takeda moved A-Kai to Mush and thus CANNOT be supported by his own army from Suruga.

Therefore the moves are
                Hojo A-Sag > Kai with support from Mush
                it becomes a 2:1 and should work
                PLEASE review, thank you
                Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

You're right Defiant, sorry about the mistake. Map and orders ahve been updated. You have one build, asap please. Sorry, Midian, you almost got away with it!!

Updated map at:
                  Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

Thank you Orange1, and the move from Shim > Sag should also work. I have ICQ'd you my build.
                    Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

Defiant, I will change the other one tonight, I don't seem to have your icq build though, could you resend please. Thanks

Comment

A-KAZ

Comment

Thanks Defiant. Updated map will be up tonight

Comment

Final Winter map is at:

Comment

Working...
                            X