ADCT01 Game C Start Information.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADCT01 Game C Start Information.

Hello hello. I suppose the main reason you're looking at this thread is for country assignments, so here they are:

Reismark England
    The Hogfather France
    Coug Germany
    Chazzy Russia
    Taurus Turkey
    RUFFHAUS8 Austria
    His Divine Shadow Italy

These assignments were rolled up via Internet Die Roller before I looked at the order on the list, and granted on the basis of "the person in the 4th spot gets this country, and the person in the 5th slot gets..." Well, actually I had looked at the list, but only cursorily and more than a day ago, and regardless, the process was random.

Anyway, I should probably introduce myself as a GM to you:

My policy on extensions is that they are usually granted, but you have to ask for them- the earlier the better. I don't like to NMR people, especially in a tournament game, but I will do so if necessary. I can guarantee that you will not be NMRed 24 hours after the deadline- call it a grace period if you like, but I won't sharply delineate these things. After that, I reserve the right to post the moves at any time.

You can submit your moves via ICQ or e-mail. I prefer ICQ, but e-mail works too. You can submit your moves via Private Message if you absolutely have to, but then make a post in Apolyton to that effect so that I have at least a remote chance of noticing that you've done this.

Speaking of communications, I would post that, except for the fact that right now I'm posting from my old computer at home since I don't have a long enough telephone cable to hook up my computer from college that I brought back (and I can't find the connector I used last summer to string two phone cables together). As soon as my real computer is up and running, I will come back and edit in everybody's ICQ number and e-mail. Feel free to post here if you want people to know now though.

Maps: I follow the Boshkovian theory of maps. The color of the dot indicates who owns the SC. The color of the rest of the territory (or all of the territory for non-SC provinces) indicates the nationality of the army or fleet currently residing inside, or the one that most recently left (which usually only matters for non-SC provinces where the coloration is merely for purtiness anyway). Ovals are noble, powerful, mobile fleets while rectangles are cowardly, scurrilous foot soldiers (it should be noted that I have absolutely no bias after drawing England in a different game in the tournament). Both armies and fleets are colored black to symbolize the bleakness of war, and also to contrast well against the background (but that's just a side note).

Speaking of maps, here's the starting one, in case you need it: http://www.geocities.com/myrdred_ii/dip1900.GIF

There usually tends to be a lot more diplomacy in the first two years, so the deadlines will reflect that. If there are no extension requests, Spring 1901 moves are due on Saturday the 26th.

Good luck and happy dipping.
    All syllogisms have three parts.
    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Austria-Hungary checking in. Please contact the Kaiser at:

E-mail: RUFFHAUS8@aol.com
    AIM: RUFFHAUS8
    Yahoo Messenger: ruffhaus8 (rarely)
    What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

La Troisiéme Republique c'est ici.

Contact the Président at

E-mail: m_carreras@hotmail.com

NOTE: Use e-mail for now as ICQ has crashed on my pc.

[This message has been edited by El Hogfather (edited May 20, 2001).]

Comment

The Divine Order raises the standard of genetic and moral superiority above St. Peter's Basilica in Roma, Italia.

E-Mail: zeon_archduchy@hotmail.com
        AIM: none

May His Shadow fall upon you.

------------------
        His Divine Shadow
        zeon_archduchy@hotmail.com

"Obedience. Respect. Love. What god would ask for less?" - The Darkness, _Tales From the Darkness_
        His Divine Shadow
        zeon_archduchy@hotmail.com

"Do you know what 'nemesis' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified, in this case, by a horrible c**t: me." - Bricktop, _Snatch_

Comment

Hi all !

May this be a wonderful game.

Details:
          E-Mail: angry_taurus@hotmail.com
          "There's room at the top they are telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill, if you want to be like the folks on the hill" - John Lennon

"Life is wasted on the living."
          -Douglas Adams

Comment

Russia checking in here ;

email - Chazzy@execpc.com
            icq - 116124479

Good luck to all......well , not to everyone

Comment

The Kaiser can be contacted using the following means:

E-mail: coug@tb3.org.uk

ICQ is the preferred way of communications.
              Lo there do I see my father
              Lo there do I see my mother
              and my sisters and my brothers
              Lo there do I see the line of my people
              back to the begining
              Lo they do call to me
              They bid me take my place among them
              in the Halls of Valhalla
              where the brave may live forever

Comment

Despite me officially being on leave to take care of some business on the RL front, I think I can play as long as the turns are adequately spaced out.

I get a dead link when I try to look at the map, SF.

The only way to contact the King of England right now is via e-mail at reismark@civgaming.net, because I cannot access ICQ or AIM while at home due to the poor quality of my Internet connection from home. DO NOT USE MY CORNELL EMAIL for Diplomacy.

Also, since I can only get on very sporadically due to my leave, do not be surprised if it takes me a couple of days to get back to you.

That is all.
                CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Glad to see that we're all confirmed.

Again, tell me if you need some more time for initial diplomacy.

reismark: This is a Geocities address, which a few months ago turned funny for Apolyton. Just after you click on the link, cut out the extension and go to the index page, and when that loads again, paste back on the extension (dip1900.gif) in this case. Or you can just go to www.geocities.com first, and then paste in the whole address. Geocities doens't like outside access to files anymore, you see.

Oddly enough, in Linux, I never have this problem.

Comment

reismark, snowfire, check your pms.

Comment

I've got just one thing to say to that, SnowFire... get a different host.

Angelfire, NBCi, Hypermart... tons of other places on the Net that don't give you the problems that Geocities does...

Please post your e-mail here or else I'll have to submit my orders via PM, because my connection doesn't like the vBulletin sendmail system for some reason...

Hogfather, please check your PMs.
                      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Well, there's one little problem with that. All my current stuff is at Geocities from back when it worked fine, and you know what? It still works, even if it's a bit annoying. It's not worth the effort to move it all over, especially since I would have to rewrite a good few links too.

As for my e-mail... hmm, you're right, I didn't mention it before. It's Peter.Ingraham@oberlin.edu .

Anyway, moves are due in two days, so since I'm hearing no extension requests, get your moves in.

Comment

Did you get the corrected move?

Comment

Working...
                          X