Dip 48 "Newbie" F05 resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dip 48 "Newbie" F05 resolution

Finally! Sorry it took so long, but the world tourny and work kept me very busy. Here we go:

AUSTRIA DIES! TURKS DINE IN THE VIENNA HOFBURG!
    GERMAN REICHSWEHR ELIMINATED! RUSSIANS MARCH THROUGH THE BRANDENBURG GATE!
    RESTAURANTS IN MARSEILLES SERVE ONLY SPAGHETTI!!

THE MOVES:

Italy (Orange)

(F Wes C Turkish A Alb - Spa) ALb does not move
    A Pie - Mar
    A Tri H

Russia (Napoleon)

A Silesia - Munich
    F Baltic - Ska
    (A Warsaw - Ukraine) bounce TA Rum
    (A Moscow - Sevastpol) bounce TA Sev
    F Norway S F Baltic - Ska

Turkey (Siro)

(a rum - ukr) bounce RA War
    (a sev s rum - ukr) cut by RA Mos
    a gal - vie
    a bud s gal - vie
    f aeg - gre
    (a ser - tri) bounce
    (a alb - spa) bounce FF GoL
    (f ion c alb - spa) Alb does not move
    (f tyr c alb - spa) Alb does not move
    __________________________`

England (Taurus)

F Lon to Wal.
    F Cly to Lvp.
    A Yor s F Cly to Lvp.
    F Edi H

France (Yoav)

(Lpl to Edi) dislodged, nor retreat, destroyed
    (Iri sup Lpl) illegal, Liverpool ordered a move
    Ech to Nth
    Pic to Ech
    Bel to Bur
    Bre to Gas
    (GoL to Spa) bounce TA Alb
    Kie sup russian Sil to Mun
    Den H

Austria (neutral)

(A Vie H) dislodged retreat OTB, Austria dies!

Germany (neutral)

(A Mun H) dislodged, retreat OTB; Germany dies!

THE ADJUSTMENTS:

France: disband 1
    England: disband 1
    Italy: build 1
    Russia: build 2 (impressive comback!)
    Turkey: build 1

THE DEADLINES:

retreats: none
    adjustments: saturday, 5th, 1 pm GMT
    spring06 moves: Wednesday, 9th 6 pm GMT

I will postpone the deadline if I don´t hear from Orange. I have no idea wether he is up and running again. Get well soon, Orange!

Here's the map for Fall 1905:

http://www.geocities.com/ruffhaus8/ADCN/ADCNF05.gif

Sahib, please double check the following items:

1) Russian F Baltic Sea - Skaggerat is an invalid order
    2) As follows Norway's support for the move is invalid
    3) Turkish F Black Sea was unordered.
    4) France has 8 SCs,a nd 8 units, so no disband necessary.
    What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Yes...a comeback.

Turkey, I suggest you think about what you are doing before you bother me further. Unlike you, I have no two-front war to fight.

------------------
      Almighty and Resident God
      The more you know the more you realize you dont know. - Shep
      Almighty and Resident God
      The more you know the more you realize you dont know. - Shep

Comment

you call that a comeback?
        it's hardly a noisance.....

talk to me on ICQ if you wish.
        i'm never closed to suggestions.

Comment

With such a comeback from Russia, I guess there is still hope for me.
          "There's room at the top they are telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill, if you want to be like the folks on the hill" - John Lennon

"Life is wasted on the living."
          -Douglas Adams

Comment

I just restored my computer to normal, and I doubt I would be able to send an adjustment. Anyway, as Ruff noted, I shouldn't have that disband either, as I lost my Lpl unit.
            About which, by the way --
            WTF is this?!
            Iri sup Lpl means The Irish Sea unit supports the staying of the Liverpool unit in its province. If it does not stay there - the move is void. If it does, the support should count. I think it is obvious that I meant to support the unit, and the move to Edi was just something to do with my Lpl unit. Besides, again - if you saw I sent a doubtable order, you should have at least tried to contact me. I never thought such stupid logic is the dominant one here, and when it is, a considerate manner could help.
            [This message has been edited by Yoav (edited May 04, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Taurus on 05-04-2001 03:41 PM
              With such a comeback from Russia, I guess there is still hope for me.

Well, IMO - Russia was able to regrow this quickly, just because he talked you into leaving him when you could kill him in one turn... this is one not-so-smart strategy to leave dying people out there... the same thing just happenned with Turkey... not attacking Italy. But who knows, Italy might not attack him this soon. Anyway this is why I do not let you off the hook, I fear you might seek for me ever after. I don't thing a comeback of the English once-called empire is probably, but with such an evolving set of rules, who knows..

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Yoav on 05-04-2001 05:40 PM
                I just restored my computer to normal, and I doubt I would be able to send an adjustment. Anyway, as Ruff noted, I shouldn't have that disband either, as I lost my Lpl unit.
                About which, by the way --
                WTF is this?!
                Iri sup Lpl means The Irish Sea unit supports the staying of the Liverpool unit in its province. If it does not stay there - the move is void. If it does, the support should count. I think it is obvious that I meant to support the unit, and the move to Edi was just something to do with my Lpl unit. Besides, again - if you saw I sent a doubtable order, you should have at least tried to contact me. I never thought such stupid logic is the dominant one here, and when it is, a considerate manner could help.
                [This message has been edited by Yoav (edited May 04, 2001).]

Don't be silly and annoying.

It has been discussed and asked about:
                You can't condition your moves. Having Lpl move somewhere and putting Iri sup Lpl incase it won't succeed is conditioning. You must specify in your support what do you support Lpl to do. If you don't, it's counted as support hold iirc.

The irish can't come there and wait to see what lpl ends up doing. they come to support a stay, in which case they build forts, or to support an attack in which case they form an attack force.

Comment

Exactly. I supported the Liverpool's stay. Iri sup Lpl <=> Iri sup Lpl Hold
                  means defend the allied army at Liverpool.
                  The army eventually stayed, so the support should count. Besides, I think it's obvious that the support was the main target in this comlex, and if you (Sirotnikov) was let off when you did not even specify what coast you are moving (that, according to the official rulebook should void your move), why shouldn't I be let off when there ARE two acceptable and reasonable opinions here, in a subject not covered by the rulebook?

Comment

Yoav. sorry to pile on, but Sahib has adjudicated the situation correctly. A unit ordered to move cannot receive support to hold at the same time. From the rulebook:

X. THE SUPPORT ORDER
                    6. HOLDING. A unit not ordered to move (i.e. one that is ordered to hold, ordered to convoy, ordered to support, or not ordered at all) may receive support in holding it's position. A unit ordered to move may receive support only for its attempted movement. It may not be supported in place in the event that its attempted move fails. Thus "A Mun Hols. A Boh S A Mun" is valid, but if "A Mun-Ber", then a written order "A Boh S A Mun" is not a valid order because the army in Munich was ordered to move.
                    What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

I was away over the weekend, so I joinn your discussion a little late:

first the issues Ruffhaus brought up. Ruffy, you are right as always:

1) Bal - Ska is invalid
                      2) the support order is indeed invalid
                      3) F Black holds
                      4) I guess I miscounted. If you say so....

As for the french support: the rules are clear about it. No need to change the adjucation.

Winter will be out in 5 minutes...

Comment

Working...
                      X