No announcement yet.

WM00 round 2 qualifiers official list!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WM00 round 2 qualifiers official list!!

http://masters00.diplomacy.org.uk/r2advance_1.html

only five people from Apolyton qualified for round two. Not a very exciting result for 14 participants, I´m afraid

I don't how I made it with only two SC's remaing but I will take it and run, lets see if we can do better in the second round, like all of us remain.
    Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Well, advancing all 5 of us (Shaib, Berzerker, Iain, Defiant, and this southern boy) to round 3 would be a major feat. While round two took 50% of all players (approx 259), including everyone from the top 10 teams, round three will be paired down to 49 players. With 37 boards of play, that means that you can theoretically win your game and not advance. Ouch!
      I think Berzerker said that he had a 17-17 draw last year and didn't go through. The scoring was a little different, and I doubt that we'll see 37 solos (nine year games again anyway), but it's going to be tough going. Good luck to the rest of you...

Comment

Ruff,
        How do they determine your country assignment, I have got to think we are going to run into players that have the same country initially and now they will be in the same game together, I'm guessing they just will assign you a new country and that's life.
        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

I think that you are NOT allowed to play the same nation in round 2. Not sure how the assignments are made. I doubt that any of us will be in the same round two game though. And that might be a blessing from the looks of the way things went for you and Iain in round 1.

Comment

Exactly, it was nice having Iain as an allie but because we are teamates, it targeted me like a bullseye, so there are mixed feelings about having a teammate on the same team.

Comment

just as a tip for next year. I suggest that if Apolyton sends two teams to the 2001 WM, that they call the second team something like 'Boshko's Rangers' to avoid the impression that Apolyton players will automatically ally with one another.

Comment

Yup, last year they set it up so 2 people could not split the centers evenly to advance. A first place finisher with 14 centers for example would get the center count + 28 for 1st place whereas 2 people tied at 17 would get their center count and 28 + 14 /2 or 21 each totaling 38 points. That would mean a 1st place finisher (28 pts) would need only 10 or 11 centers to advance ahead of people tied at 17.

I agree with Ruff's suggestion, a very good idea to avoid "apolytoners" appearing in the same game and being targeted.

Comment

Working...
                X