Dip 48 "Newbie" winter 1902 adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dip 48 "Newbie" winter 1902 adjustments

Here are winter adjustments. I have not recieved any orders from Turkey and Germany. Therefor Turkey has no builds (sorry, but there was more then enough time). Germany´s disbands I decided in alphabetical order.

Italy builds
    A Ven

Russia builds
    A StP

France builds
    F Bre

England builds
    F Edi
    F Lon

Germany disbands (in alphabetical order)
    A Boh
    F Hel

Spring 1903 moves are due next Sunday, 6pm GMT

Warvoid has asked me to find a replacment for him as Germany. If I find somebody, I´ll let you know. For the time being, assume Germany is silent, but will provide moves.

One more word: this game is a nightmare. It was supposed to "teach" newbies how to play PBEM diplomacy. So far it has achieved only one thing: to teach newbies how not to play it. I must say that it is not very funny GMing a game where there is at least one NMR every turn, even in winter and summer turns. If that goes on like that, this game will die.

Winter 1902 Map:

http://www.geocities.com/ruffhaus8/ADCN/ADCNF02.gif

Note: If you cannot load the map directly from the link, please cut and paste the url and try entering it as text. It should load then. Sorry no explanation that I think of to explain why Geocities is acting up like this.

Comment

About this "by alphabetical order" disband policy, IIRC the rulebook strictly notes that disbands to whom orders were not submitted, should be chosen by distance from the home cities. In both cases (Russia and Germany) the alphabetical order match the appropriate one, but this might not repeat next time. Please note me if I am wrong, or if you have something to say about this.
      Thank you, Yoav.

Comment

I am pretty sure I have an A Alb that is not on the map. Until someone either confirms or denies this, I need and extension
        But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
        If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
        He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
        But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

Confirmed, Midship, you indeed retreated to Alb. I will wait a little bit before posting results, but let me ask: why didn´t you complain earlier?

Anyway, I´ll wait 24 hours.

Yoav: Yes, the official disband rules differ. But I have my houserules here. There is a reason:
          look, if you send an army from, say, Mun, via Bur, Gas, Mar to Spa, you have invested a lot of turns into this unit. It´s worth a lot. Now, for a country that is just on the offense, it would a disaster to disband that unit, when it is so hard to replace. On the other hand, for a country on the defense, it makes sense to disband far from your home SCs, since you need to defend your homeland. So: the default disband orders are good for a country on the defense, but bad for one on the offense. I don´t think that default orders should be like that, I think they should rather be neutral. So I chose to disband alphabetically. And I´ll continue to do so as it is in my powers as a GM to use house rules how I see fit

Comment

I just wanted to confirm it. I dont need any extra time
            But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
            If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
            He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
            But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

The Austrian A Albania has been added to the map.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sahib on 03-04-2001 05:27 AM
                Yes, the official disband rules differ. But I have my houserules here. There is a reason:
                look, if you send an army from, say, Mun, via Bur, Gas, Mar to Spa, you have invested a lot of turns into this unit. It´s worth a lot. Now, for a country that is just on the offense, it would a disaster to disband that unit, when it is so hard to replace. On the other hand, for a country on the defense, it makes sense to disband far from your home SCs, since you need to defend your homeland. So: the default disband orders are good for a country on the defense, but bad for one on the offense. I don´t think that default orders should be like that, I think they should rather be neutral. So I chose to disband alphabetically. And I´ll continue to do so as it is in my powers as a GM to use house rules how I see fit

Well if a player NMR's, it is rather reasonable to keep him at a defensive state, while alphabetical order seems to have no bit of logic in it. Anyway, this doesn't really concern me as I do not usually NMR...

Your call.

Comment

Working...
                X