Ok. Dip20 Draw!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok. Dip20 Draw!

Since we can't even get the two replacement players (South Africa and CSA) to submit their moves, let's kill this game and move on. We've played this probably for an entire year, and this has survived far longer than any of us would have thought. It is indeed a fine, fine game, but it has run its course. We began with eighteen players in 1861. Now, it's been more than halved in 1879 into seven players (does anyone even remember Southeast Africa, Central America, or North Africa? Refresh your memory!)

In any case, I'm asking for a draw concession to the four nations of Austria (Gibster), Australia (LordStone1), South Africa (Boshko), and USA (Berzerker).

Yes, the draw involves more than half of the surviving players, and they were chosen precisely because they are not getting whacked right now, as India, Prussia, and the Confederacy are.

I'd like for all players to vote in this thread whether they accept the concession or not. Defiant can vote for the Confederacy, as well as Boshko for South Africa.

Here's the last map: http://www.geocities.com/lordstone1/dip20s1879.gif
    The honorary duty of a human being
    is to love, I am human and nothing
    human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

I vote YEA

-Maya Angelou

Comment

As the replacement GM, I have all moves but S.Africa and was going to NMR him tonight, however if you want a draw, I'm certainly not going to stand in you way, Midshipman did hand the CSA's moves in on time, point of reference.

It is up to the players, but it needs to be unanimous.
      Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

India accepts the above draw proposal as the inevitable conclusion to this contest should it continue. We are gracious enough to end the war now and retain something of a respectable empire. Negotiations with our South African friends concerning a property exchange of Rhodesia and Bombay will mark the ealry days of the post-war era.

Vote: YES

[This message has been edited by RUFFHAUS8 (edited January 19, 2001).]

Comment

I don't know if I am the GM or still leader of the confedercy since no moves were adjudicated, anyway if I am the leader of CSA, I vote YES, lets end it.
          Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

If this is ending, I would like to try this variant then again, since I only got to hand in one set of moves.
            But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
            If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
            He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
            But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

Who is going to vote for Boshko or is it a automatic yes cause of the absence, I believe it should be, Lordstone?

Comment

I believe so, too. After all the draw concession does include Boshko. So, as of now, we have:

YEA: 4
                NAY: 0
                WAITING: 3

-Maya Angelou

Comment

I'd play in this variant again if some willing GM out there wants to start one up. Defiant, we're still waiting on Domination Diplomacy to be posted.
                  Please Visit:
                  http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

YEA, why not. But as I'm sure the EOGs wil lshow, a variant upon this cariant will be required if anyone wants to play on this map again.

Comment

YEA: 6
                        PENDING: 1 (Berzerker)

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Berzerker, thru ICQ, has voted Yes.

YEA: 7
                          PENDING: 0

Diplomacy20 has ended in a draw between the nations of Austria, Australia, South Africa, and the United States of America.

A new thread will be opened for all of you to post your EOG's. I'll also see about making a GIF animation of all the maps.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                          X