Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dip Nihihihi Fall 1913 Results (Victor G. wins!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dip Nihihihi Fall 1913 Results (Victor G. wins!)

Victor wins it all!
    http://www.geocities.com/dboshko/gibf1913.GIF

post EOGs and such

Italy (Iain Lindley) (0 builds)
    A Ser S A Bud
    A Bud S A Ser
    F Tus-TYN
    F Nap S F Tus-TYN
    A Pie-Mar (move fails)
    A Tyr S A Boh
    A Boh S A Tyr

Turkey (Mao) (1 disband)
    F Lyo-WMe
    F Tun S Lyo-WMe (support cut, unit dislodged and destroyed)
    F Ion-Tyn (move fails)
    F Aeg-Ion (move fails)
    A Bul hold
    A Gal-Sil (move fails)
    A War S Gal-Sil
    A Liv-Mos
    A Mos-Sev

England (Victor G.) (2 builds)

F Mar-GoL
    F Tyn S F Mar-GoL
    A Bur-Mar (move fails)
    F Nwy S F Bar-StP
    F Bar-StP
    A StP-Liv
    F NAO-MAO
    F Gas-Spa(nc)
    A Ruh S A Mun
    F Eng H
    A Bel-Hol
    F WMed-Tun
    F NAf S F WMed-Tun
    F Pru S A StP-Liv
    A Sil S F Pru (support cut)
    A Mun S A Sil
    F Bal S F Pru

Victory!

I will post a full EOG in the morning. For now I can only think of the warning that I should have posted much earlier, "If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can imagine."
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

A round of applause to our victor! May you enjoy the fruits of my defeated Deutschland!
      The honorary duty of a human being
      is to love, I am human and nothing
      human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Not meaning to be excessively picky or anything, I crushed a Turkish army and a fleet, so he has no disbands. Build: A Lon, F Edi (since technically the game ends in Winter, and under the old rules you actually had to have 18 armies/fleets)... but on to my EOG.

EOG:

I must first of all thank Sahib for leaving England at such a good time. I was in a position beyond my wildest dreams. Though 7 centers put me second or third, I had great position, a trusting France, and two easily crushable opponnents. My first turn I set myself up for three builds, pushing myself to the front. All the while Turkey and Italy were fighting uselessly in the East.

I noticed that if I took Bel, France could not retake it, so I did so, also finishing off Russia, and weakening Germany the same turn.

The next few turns, not much diplomacy happened. I eventually took Berlin, and France retook Belgium (which would later prove to have been taken at the cost of Munich). I realized that the only way I could take France out was the MAO, which was denied me for a couple of years, until one turn I got into it, and then the game was over for France. The Iberian centers were mine, and later Gibraltar could not be closed to me. The rest of France's death was the standard 14 center power vs. 3 center power conflict... nothing to be proud about. Unfortunately, Turkey and Italy realized that stopping me might be helpful. I briefly lost StP, but retook it, since it can not be held (wrong side of the stalemate line for Turkey). I feared that Munich might again fall, and set up many armies to retake, but in any case I settled in for a long fight for a single center. I also, happened to take a shot in the dark at the end, at Tun, which much to my surprise suceeded, and I had nothing more to say than, "Victory!"

END

I reserve the right to append more observations onto the end within the next week as I remember stuff, or compose England über Alles.
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Creepy. Dip Nihihihi is the 13th game at Apolyton to finish. Appropriate for such a quircky game. Anyway, the ADC site's been updated.

Edit: Actually, never mind, it's the 14th game to finish. Oops.
          [This message has been edited by SnowFire (edited August 27, 2000).]
          All syllogisms have three parts.
          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

I think I shall keep this short and sweet. First of all, thankyou to the myriad of GMs and mapmakers who took responsibility for this game, and also to my fellow players.

The Great Italian Forces made a promising start to the game, and although I was wary that the early fall of Austria may be more of a hindrance than a help, this did not appear to show as the Archduke was quickly crippled. Victor was soon to realise that this was a blessing in disguise

My march towards the Balkans gave me fresh hope - my position was encouraging - but Turkey and I hit a stalemate, and no inch was given for several years. Meanwhile, England was given the chance to grow - the Germans capitulated, and Russia put up no fight over Scandinavia - and neither myself nor Mao responded quickly enough. Rather shamefully, it took a breakthrough by the Turkish forces for me to change tack, and although Mao agreed, by then we were fighting against the tide.

However, a draw was still comfortably within our grasp, as the joint Italian/Turkish troops held the stalemate line. After all that, it was very disappointing to see the game surrendered with a careless and very avoidable mistake.

Not so short and sweet after all.

Comment

Actually, I had Med Fleets, so the stalemate line is debatable, but yes this could have taken at least 2 years more... which might have been enough to get me to propose a draw.
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
              X