• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Teams for WorldMasters 2000: Eligibility Sheet

Forget whatever I said...
    [This message has been edited by reismark (edited August 22, 2000).]
    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Hmm... the Top part of post is irrelevant now and is edited out. With regards to past doings at WM99:

By the way, an archive of how we did at WM99 would be greatly appreciated, reismark. I'd be happy to stick it up at the ADC site. I can tell you how I did- I was Austria, and had a rapacious Italy from a well-renowened team whose captain (Toby Tyrell) had published articles on why Italy should stab Austria brutally and quickly. Russia was pretty antagonistic too, but an A-T alliance worked pretty well, neutralizing Russia & Italy. Except Turkey was a lot more powerful than me. Anyway, we skirmished long enough that Germany became quite powerful and in danger of soloing, so everybody put aside their differences and stopped him at 13 SC's. Then we all decided on a draw, in which my 5 SC Austria was included.

Better than elimination, at least!
    [This message has been edited by SnowFire (edited August 22, 2000).]
    All syllogisms have three parts.
    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Here is a record of our performance in last year's tournament:

Berzerker: Drawed as Italy in Round 1; did not qualify for semis
      Boshko: Played France to end of game; finished with 8 centers
      Charles Steindhart: Won with 17 centers as Turkey in Round 1; on verge of solo as Russia in semis
      Coug: Eliminated as Russia by 1905
      Decker: Eliminated as France by 1907 with 1 NMR
      Defiant: Eliminated as Austria by 1906
      Du Chateau: Eliminated as Germany by 1906
      Kersus: Eliminated as Turkey by 1906 with 1 NMR
      Iain Lindley: Eliminated as Russia by 1903
      Imran Siddiqui: Eliminated as England by 1903
      LordStone1: Played England to end of game with 1 NMR; finished with 1 center
      Meef: Soloed as Germany in Round 1; currently has 4 centers in 1909 as Italy in the semis
      Monk: Result unsure (it says he lost 10 centers in one year. is that even POSSIBLE?)
      Randalf: Eliminated as Turkey by 1908 with 3 NMRs
      Reismark: Eliminated as England by 1905
      Sahib: Played Italy to end of game; finished with 6 centers
      Smackdown: Played Italy to end of game; finished with 1 center
      SnowFire: Played Austria to end of game; finished with 5 centers
      Stefu: Played Austria to end of game; finished with 1 center
      Talon: Eliminated as Germany by 1904
      Zakhiago: Abandoned his game
      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

In defense of my one NMR, it was a Yahoo! Mail error. I swear.
        The honorary duty of a human being
        is to love, I am human and nothing
        human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

You shall forget... you shall forget...

Comment

**** this entire post...

Comment

No no remove that list! We don't want to discourage people, nor force people to play.

If they want to play, they can just sign up, ok? It is imidiating enough to the newbies for the guidelines to be up there...we don't need a list of the Dream Team scaring away people

-Maya Angelou

Comment

LS: Why? You have your own in the other thread... and I'm encouraging addition.

Comment

reismark: You're a good player and GM and stuff, but please! There's a list of everybody interested in the original thread- simply look at who posted there! We do not want to put people on the list who haven't even posted their interest yet! As was said before in the original thread- our goal right now is to COLLECT PLAYERS. There's no need to get ahead of ourselves creating new threads and a buercracy for this!
                  All syllogisms have three parts.
                  Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

All right.. fine... but remember, a lack of organization is why we didn't perform up to par the first time...

Comment

Exactly...my list consists of people who have already signed up and it's not even a formal list, it's just a ... list of names. Nothing important about it.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Why don't we just start picking the most reliable / talented people. Then ask them if they want to play. If they don't, go to next person on the list. Hell, Ruffhaus has been compiling the NMR list for what? 2 months? If people aren't reliable here, will they be better in the tourney?

Comment

In defence of my elimination, I have to say that everyone ganged up on me

Britain, Germany, Austria and Turkey... four against one... not the odds you want

Comment

In defense of my loss, I was stabbed by mother Russia who was a women and a replacement after I(with Turkey's help) pinned down a former winner and he quit.
                            Never trust those opposite sexers.
                            Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

I was in Snowfire's game, and pulled the stupidest set of newbie mistakes ever My opening was so screwed up most people thought I would be dead by 1903.... well, most people except Germany and England, who for their positions in Eng and Bur, did not happen to be allied. I switched sides enough times to piss both off and get stabbed by Germany but ended with 6 SCs (of which 1 was a home SC,)
                              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                              X