Space Empires - The Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understood.
    Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Your first post has military forces in it Polaris Can I just be assumed to have spent some of my military budget?

Comment

OOC: Forgot to say that any system additionally captured is $250, not $500.

: Imperial Budget
        :: $2,000
        ::: Military: 2,000 * .30 = $600

Purchases:

3 Frigates ($30) = $1,970 (upkeep = $16.5)
        15 Destroyers ($210) = 1,760 (upkeep = $112.5)
        2 Light Troop Transports (space) ($16) = $1,744 (upkeep = $10)
        1 Light Vehicle Transport ($12) = $1,732 (upkeep = $8)
        100 Mobile Infantry ($200) = $532 (upkeep = $100)
        10 Interceptors ($100) = $432 (upkeep = $30)

Total Amount: $558
        Total Upkeep: $260.5

(OOC: Yes, RI-As are a lot faster than Hover Tanks.)

New Per Turn Budget: $1,740
        New Per Turn Military Budget: $522

MILITARY

I MILITARY FLEET
        : I Frigate Squadron
        WEAPONS
        :: 12 light beam (li)
        :: 6 1x Missile Rack (li)
        :: 2x Bomb Compartments (Med)
        ::: I Frigate
        ::: II Frigate
        ::: III Frigate

: I Interceptor Squadron
        WEAPONS
        :: 3 light beams (li)
        :: 1 1x Missile Rack (li)
        :: 1 1x Torpedo Rack (med)
        :: 1 3x Missile Racks (med)
        ::: 1st Interceptor
        ::: 2nd Interceptor
        ::: 3rd Interceptor
        ::: 4th Interceptor
        ::: 5th Interceptor

: I Interceptor Squadron
        WEAPONS
        :: 1 light beam (li)
        :: 3 1x Missile Racks (li)
        :: 1 2x Bomb Compartments (med)
        :: 1 3x Missile Racks (med)
        ::: 6th Interceptor
        ::: 7th Interceptor
        ::: 8th Interceptor
        ::: 9th Interceptor
        ::: 10th Interceptor

II MILITARY FLEET
        I Destroyer Squadron
        WEAPONS
        :: 12 light beam (li)
        :: 6 1x Missile Racks (li)
        :: 1 1x Torpedo Rack (med)
        :: 1 1x Bomb Compartment (med)
        :: 1 1x Medium Beam (med)
        ::: 1st Destroyer
        ::: 2nd Destroyer
        ::: 3rd Destroyer
        ::: 4th Destroyer
        ::: 5th Destroyer

II Destroyer Squadron
        WEAPONS
        :: 6 light beam (li)
        :: 12 1x Missile Racks (li)
        :: 2 1x Torpedo Rack (med)
        ::: 6th Destroyer
        ::: 7th Destroyer
        ::: 8th Destroyer
        ::: 9th Destroyer
        ::: 10th Destroyer

III Destroyer Squadron
        WEAPONS
        :: 9 light beam (li)
        :: 9 1x Missile Racks (li)
        :: 2 1x Bomb Compartment (med)
        ::: 11th Destroyer
        ::: 12th Destroyer
        ::: 13th Destroyer
        ::: 14th Destroyer
        ::: 15th Destroyer

I TRANSPORT FLEET
        : I Transport Squadron
        ::: 1st MI Transport
        ::: 2nd MI Transport
        ::: 1st Vehicle Transport

: I CORPS, MOBILE INFANTRY (4 Small Divisions, 50 men per Division)
        :: 1st MI Division
        :: 2nd MI Division
        :: 3rd MI Division
        :: 4th MI Division

The great Darth Imperous looked out his window into the stars. He envisioned an empire in his dreams, one that would not take kindly to antagonists and one that would conquer countless systems. With the recent training of his forces, he pointed to an eastern system on the galaxy map. He said "We will land 2 divisions there. The system has no population, but I will colonize it." He was eager to see his mobile infantry in the next few weeks (OOC: tomorrow). His military advisor told him that his empire would grow with this system. The Darth was told that the system was rich in metallic resources, so it was an ideal place for a set of colonies.

[This message has been edited by PolarisGL (edited April 22, 2000).]
        Please Visit:
        http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Uh, actually, my first post says nothing about the Empire having a military...

The first post with the story does, but that was 400 years ago when militaries existed.

[This message has been edited by PolarisGL (edited April 22, 2000).]
          Please Visit:

Comment

General Palistar looked outside his Destroyer Fleet Command vessel. There he saw his entire fleet of 15 destroyers heading towards the system that the Darth named for the Imperial Federation, Imperion. The system Imperion was confirmed as a no-life system at 01800 hours. The 1st MI Division landed on the system as a small 50-man protection force, equipped and fortified on where the first colony would be built. Soon the transport loaded local engineers and a work force on to build on the planet that the Darth named "Imperite I," where the first city of Imperion would be built. The city would be named Palistar after the general, who had always been known as brilliant since the military was formed.

Thus the Imperial Trade Federation expands into the universe...

FOREIGN ADVISOR

Tar Egladilnai, we see your empire in the stars, and we too are a humanoid race. We wish to make a non-agression pact with your seemingly established empire and a trade alliance.

Concord, your race consists of beautiful beings, and we do not want this to be destroyed. We would like a non-agression pact and a trade alliance.

Ki-Maja, we believe your race is very interesting, therefore we wish to make a non-agression pact and a trade alliance. I believe that the Darth and the Ki-Maja can work together in the galaxy.

Delia, although your propaganda to many can be decieving, a non-agression pact is obvious between our two empires. A trade alliance would also prove useful.

Preteon, we see your empire as highly established and offer you a non-agression pact and a trade alliance.

Duraii, a non-agression pact and a trade alliance would be useful to us both.

Necrontyr, your race is interesting. We must offer you a non-agression pact and a trade alliance to pick things up in the galaxy between our two empires.

Trilarian, we offer you a non-agression pact and a trade alliance at once to seal our relations in a useful way.
            Please Visit:

Comment

Coffee Shop Confederation:

We would like to offer you a full alliance. Defensive, trade, protection, and any thing else to seal our friendship and write it in the stars. Please respond as soon as possible.
              Please Visit:

Comment

Budget Per Turn: $1,990
                Military Budget Per Turn: $597
                Please Visit:

Comment

Okay, I think I've got this military stuff down now... note that stuff marked with an asterisk (*) is still under construction.

: Confederacy Budget
                  :: $2000
                  ::: $2000 * 0.30 = $600

Purchases:
                  2 Blockade Runners ($10)= $20 (Upkeep $5)
                  1 Cruiser = $18 (Upkeep $8.5)
                  3 Scouts ($5) = $15 (Upkeep $0.75)
                  2 Frigates ($10) = $20 (Upkeep $11)
                  20 Mobile Infantry ($2) = $40 (Upkeep $20)

Total Cost: $113
                  Upkeep: $52.35

New Per Turn Budget: $1947.65
                  New Per Turn Military Budget: $584

1st Starshield Squadron (Blockade Runners)
                  :: 6 Light Photon Guns (Sm)
                  :: 1 Torpedo Rack (Med)
                  ::::: PCS Athena Nike
                  ::::: PCS Mercuria

2nd Starshield Squadron (Cruiser)
                  :: 22 Light Photon Guns (Sm)
                  :: 3 Triple Missile Racks (Med)
                  ::::: PCS Sentinel

3rd Starshield Squadron (Scout)
                  :: 1 Light Photon Gun (Sm)
                  ::::: PCS Explorer
                  ::::: PCS Discoverer
                  ::::: PCS Adventurer

4th Starshield Squadron (Frigates)
                  :: 18 Missile Racks (Sm)
                  :: 1 Medium Photon Gun (Med)
                  ::::: PCS Concord
                  ::::: PCS Tranquilita

1st Airshield Squadron (Mobile Infantry)
                  :: Alpha Squad (50 soldiers)
                  :: Beta Squad (50 soldiers)

Hope that works right...

---------------

Nobody knew what was happening until the flames subsided.

In an instant, the primary energy farm for the province of Lyonnesse was reduced to a swirl of particles dancing on the wind and stirred up by lightning. Four hundred thousand homes, temples and offices went blank. Some eyewitnesses reported someone flying away from the scene, but these were dismissed as inadmissable.

The only evidence of who may have been responsible were two words spraypainted on a nearby monolith:

DEA DELETRICES

---------------

Peregrines weren't ones for unnecessary pomp and circumstance, being an overly easy-going race. Their traditions would no doubt shock some of the other empires of the galaxy. Still, even the Peregrines found it necessary to celebrate momentous moments.

The final completion of the Athena Nike was such a moment.

The Icarus Center had been consumed in a fit of celebration. Mothers, fathers and children crammed the bleachers, covered the asphalt and filled much of the local sky. Women of the 14th Civil Airshield, the Winged Defiance, soared through the air dispensing fireworks and colored streams. Surely, it was one of the most festive days ever since the Peregrines had returned to their ancestral home all those centuries ago. Now, the Peregrines were going back to the stars for real.

"Citizens of the Confederacy!" Citizen Ariadne called into the microphone. "You are about to witness a momentous event in the history of our race. For four centuries, we have been content to confine ourselves to the betterment of our own worlds, to distance ourselves from the bloodshed of the Rebellion. But now, we enter into a new age, an age where Peregrines soar between the stars like they do between the clouds! Today, we reenter the galaxy!"

The people began to cheer. Ariadne raised a hand; no, she was not yet finished, there was more to say. "The Listeners have recently informed me of a new transmission. A message from the deepest subspace, beamed to our recievers by another people. Another confederacy. They have praised us and our world, and have offered us alliances. To this, I say we shall! We shall respond to this missive, we shall enter the fold of nations once more! But, as per our traditions, we will not answer this voice from the night with a simple recording. Nay, the best of Concord, the best of the Confederacy will travel to the domain of this new nation and beat our wings in friendship!"

The crowd cheered some more. Ariadne let them cheer for minutes on end. When they had begun to collapse from oxygen deprivation, the Citizen continued.

"And thus, it brings us back to this day. The Athena Nike was intended merely to scout out new worlds and defend the Confederacy from whatever may seek to destroy her. Now, it has a much greater goal! This ship and her crew will be the first ambassadors of the Confederacy to another nation!"

The crowd loudly voiced its approval. Damn, I'm good, Ariadne thought with approval.

One week later, the last of the chosen had arrived from the colonies. Its engines humming like a waterskimmer fresh from the workshop, the Athena Nike lifted out of Concord's atmosphere and made the jump to hyperspace. Ariadne could only imagine what she'd find when next she saw stars.

------------------
                  We will never forget...
                  Free Spink and YYYH!

Your faithful and hell-bent NIMadier CWALer,
                  Fjorxc the Maniac

"Starchild's post is stricken from the thread due to its utter unrealism. This is a high school, not the Council of Doom and Death."
                  -LordStone1

"HAHAHAH! Starchild is such a moron!"
                  -Imran Siddiqui
                  [This message has been edited by Fjorxc (edited April 22, 2000).]
                  [This message has been edited by Fjorxc (edited April 23, 2000).]
                  [This message has been edited by Fjorxc (edited April 23, 2000).]
                  [This message has been edited by Fjorxc (edited April 24, 2000).]

Comment

CEO Vaetari Sri'ana stood on the balcony of the 627th floor of the SSPC building headquarters. The view never ceases to amaze me, he thought. Buildings at least a mile high dominated the skyline. The Republic of Daxoko was built on the trade that passed through the planet. Everyday goods, exotic foods, items never heard of before were towed on huge flying barges, heading towards the markets. As a result of massive trading, the entire planet was covered in one huge city.

Name: The Republic of Daxoko
                    Government: Corporate Republic

I'll post the rest later. It's past 6 a.m. here... Need to go to sleep....
                    Minister of UFQPOT
                    Division of the (un)glorious PROT!
                    CEO of the SSPC

Comment

: Trilarian Aqua-Coalition Budget
                      :: $2,000
                      ::: Military: 2,000 * .30 = $600

Purchases:

4 Frigates ($40) = $1,960 (upkeep = $16.5)
                      16 Destroyers ($224) = $1,520 (upkeep = $120)
                      20 Interceptors ($200) = $1,320 (upkeep = $30)

Total Amount: $464
                      Total Upkeep: $166.5

New Per Turn Budget: $1,369.5
                      New Per Turn Military Budget: $630.5

(Inform me if I calculated this wrong. I copied the system from Polaris.)

I'll make a more precise budget as soon as I finish it.

[This message has been edited by Patriqvium (edited April 23, 2000).]
                      Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Oh well. Since it's so late I'll only be posting a little bit.

The Daxoko system had within it 7 planets, 3 of them inhabitable.

Daxoko (the planet) was the 4th planet from Solus (the sun ) and was completely covered in buildings, making it a city planet. It was also the capital of the Republic of Daxoko.

Larinos was the 3rd planet from Solus was rich in minerals and metals, and had extremely large amounts of arable land.

Ephaepae'ata was the 5th planet from Solus and though it was poor in arable land, it had huge deposits of a mineral called dimand'n (diamond) and was frequently used as a building material.

Emaerfino was the first planet from Solus, and was scorched during the daytime, frozen during the night.

Xamoli'ana was the second planet from Solus. Today it resembles Emaerfino, though there may have been water on Xamoli'ana billions of years ago....

Between the fifth and sixth planets lie the Kemermini Asteroid Belt. Though it was quite thin, an extremely dense part was named the Kratana Asteroid Field.

Jatroko was the sixth planet from Solus and was a gas giant. Precious metals were thought to be found on one of its moons and a few expeditions have been sent out.

Gemija was the seventh and largest planet, in fact, also a gas giant. There was nothing worth bothering Gemija and nobody did.

The Daxoko system (along with a few other systems) were far from most other systems; the fighting against the Empire of Stars was at most sporadic, but that didn't mean the Empire didn't get to destroy hundreds of square miles of city.

More later....
                        Minister of UFQPOT
                        Division of the (un)glorious PROT!
                        CEO of the SSPC

Comment

I've put it so that the RAA is equivalent to the synthwarriors; although they;re not robotic, they have similar power in large numbers: the 4 RAA units I bought = 200 synthwarriors. Is that okay? (I've tried to contact you through ICQ too, I changed m,y account recently, but you don't seem available)

Comment

The Athena Nike slipped through the striking realm of hyperspace, sailing to a rendezvous with the Imperial Trade Federation. Energy bolts flitted through the turbulent-looking nearby space, ethereal, appearing and disappearing like fireflies in the night.

Citizen Ariadne Augusta stared out the window of her cabin. She felt trapped and confined, even with the recreation tube the blockade runner was built around. She longed to take to the skies once more, to beat her wings without them brushing against a bulkhead. Hopefully the later generations of ships would have more space available to combat it.

"Ah well," she mused, turning away from the kaliedoscopic view of hyperspace. "What little it'll do will still feel good." She had stretched her back and made a few experimental wing-flaps when the intercom buzzed. It was one of the bridge officers, informing her that a transmission was coming in from Concord.

Taking the transmission, she was pleased to see the face of her aide, Citizen Danae Impavida. They opened up with a minute or two of light conversation before the topic came up. After all, the leader of the Confederacy did have some privileges when it came to the radio.

"The Listeners recieved something else on subspace a few hours ago. We just finished decoding it now, in fact."

"Is it from the Imperial Trade Federation?" Ariadne asked, slightly concerned. "I was certain they got our message informing them of Athena Nike's trip..."

"Can't be, the origin is nearly perpendicular to the ITF," Danae said. "It's another nation, it seems, the Preteon Technocracy. I already looked through the libraries and can't find any mention of them so far, so it's possible this is a relatively new race."

"Well, at least we're finally getting back into the fold of worlds," Ariadne said. "What'd they say?"

"About 300 gigabytes of political rhetoric, stuff we haven't translated, and a bit of stuff which looks to be veiled insults. Here's a choice sampling right here."

To: "Citizen" Ariadne Augusta of the Peregrine Confedrancy
                            Your society is an insult to the great Preteon Technocracy. We would be willing to an exchange of ambassadors, however, if you believe you can meet our high standards for peace.

"Hmm... I wouldn't take that at face value, though," Ariadne thought after a moment's reflection.

"Smug, superior aliens are not the reason I wanted the Confederacy to reenter the galaxy."

"I don't know... possibly messages like this are a way of greeting, possibly even a show of friendliness. We can't say for sure, and we certainly can't start applying our culture to aliens. For all we know, they might not even have wings!"

Danae and Ariadne discussed the matter for a while longer. Eventually, Ariadne came out as the victor. The Listeners would broadcast a reply to the Preteon Technocracy.

To: Preteon Technocracy

Optissima venta, fellow citizens of the galaxy. We welcome your message of friendship and look forward to a meeting with your delegates. If you would like, we shall send a blockade runner to escort your delegates to our capital.

------------------
                            We will never forget...
                            Free Spink and YYYH!

Your faithful and hell-bent NIMadier CWALer,
                            Fjorxc the Maniac

"Starchild's post is stricken from the thread due to its utter unrealism. This is a high school, not the Council of Doom and Death."
                            -LordStone1

"HAHAHAH! Starchild is such a moron!"
                            -Imran Siddiqui

Comment

The marshall rose from his bed in a cold sweat. Another nightmare about the invasions of the Herclux that ended just last week. Swarms of Uxian powerhouse infantry hit the capitol hour after hour, and all of the sudden disappeared...

The marshall arose from his bed and dressed himself in the proper attire to address his people. He immediately began his way to the
                              Taas'kümlee (Command). As he entered, he was hit with a sudden surge of information.

He had thought that all Zhuumatoian colonies had been destroyed by the attack of the Herclux. 3 Star systems were reporting in but all others had been destroyed by the Herclux. Rebuilding was underway, back to the glorious age that arrived before the Herclux Arrival.

Back to rebuilding, he thought....

Name: Zhuumato Gdheemiqi (Zhuumato Confederacy)

Leader: Aghjuumen Xix (Marshall Xix)

Government: Mniighijeb'qomnuug (Militaristic Despotism)

Comment

Duraii Military Budget: $600

We wish to procure:
                                20 mobile infantry - $40 ($20 to maintain)

10 Frigates - $100
                                - 9 light lasers (LFW)
                                - 9 missile launchers
                                - 1 Medium Laser (MFW)
                                - maintenance cost - $55

15 Destroyers - $210
                                - 10 light lasers
                                - 8 missile launchers
                                - 3 torpedo launchers
                                - Maintenance cost: $112.5
                                10 light troops transports - $80
                                - Maintenance cost: 0?