No announcement yet.

Space Empires - The Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris, please authorize me on ICQ. Thanks.

Comment

The Coffee Shop Confederation was an alliance of four systems, each with such diverse populations that it would be impossible to measure. The Confederation was built on trade, it's single goal was to make money to better the lives of its citizens. The four systems of the Confederation were Coffee Shop Prime(the capital system), Coffee Shop System #1, Coffee Shop System #2, and Coffee Shop System #3.

Government: Democratic Confederation

Executive: Chairman Mao, and 4 Magistrates, one from each system
      Legislative: 1,000-man assembly, representing all the citizens of the Confederation
      Military: Primarily Mercenaries
      Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

OOC: And for those of you who frequent the OTF, no, the above was in fact NOT a joke

Seriously...it wasn't, I did this at SidGames too
        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Before, during, and even after the great war, the city worlds of Euron and Alastair had quietly expanded their control over two virgin systems, Gnash and Hawtorn...
          Euron, with 4 habitable planets, all covereed by massive cities, naturally began to take precedence over Alastair, which while having 5 habiable planets, only two had planet covering cities... the other were mining and farming colonies...

Now, these two city-states, once independent entities, have combined themselves into the Duraii Empire...

The new government was a council system, headed by the Chancellor (as an Imperial title would be inciting to the public).

The goals of teh Duraii are peaceful expansion...

Comment

/---BASIC INFORMATION---/

Race: Tar Egladilnai
            Type: Humanoids
            Other attributes: Around 2 metres tall, normally slender. See picture.

/---POLITICAL INFORMATION---/

Our Society is founded around the Balan Ceron which is a ruling body of 4 circles.

The 1st circle is the Ambar Ceron
            - Main Purpose: To deal with internal matters.

The 2nd circle is the Palan Ceron
            - Main Purpose: To deal with external matters.

The 3rd circle is the Ruth Ceron
            - Main Purpose: To deal with military matters.

The 4th circle is the Dagor Ceron
            - Main Purpose: To oversee and coordinate the other circles.

The Clans have one representative in the Dagor Ceron. The leader of the Dagor Ceron, Dur Amarth, is the High King of the Tar Egladilnai.

/---INFRASTRUCTURE---/

Have colonised 4 worlds.

--Homeworld System - Ambarmar

G-5 class sun

6 planets

1 - Class C
            - Name: Mithaer
            2 - Class D
            - Name: Agronor
            3 - Class G
            - Name: Gearoth
            4 - Class M
            - HOMEWORLD
            - Name: Ambar Coranar
            5 - Class N
            - COLONY
            - Name: Lanthir Lamath
            6 - Class S
            - Ormenel

--Colony System 1 - Nirnaethad

F-3 class sun - Glos Calan

12 planets

1 - Class G
            - Name: Brandir
            2 - Class G
            - Name: Urui Carch
            3 - Class J
            - Name: Nufauglith
            4 - Class G
            - Name: Galad Ruin
            5 - Class D
            - Name: Haudh
            6 - Class C
            - Name: Egladil
            7 - Class N
            - COLONY
            - Name: Neldor
            8 - Class Y
            - Name: Dongorthed
            9 - Class A
            - Name: Echad Beren
            10 - Class H
            - Name: Ben-Adar
            11 - Class B
            - Name: Morchaint
            12 - Class I

--Colony System 2 - Gorthol

M-2 class sun - Gaur Uial

3 planets

1 - Class G
            - Name: Riel
            2 - Class J
            - Name: Daedlos
            3 - Class K
            - Name: Aduial
            - SPHERICAL COLONY

--Colony System 3 - Vinye Wain

F-9 class sun - Aeglos

7 planets

1 - Class G
            - Name: Aine Aha
            2 - Class J
            - Name: Sinome
            3 - Class K
            - Name: Oiale
            4 - Class Y
            - Name: Lote Elen
            5 - Class A
            - Name: Caitear
            - SPHERICAL COLONY
            6 - Class H
            - Name: Bauglir
            - SPHERICAL COLONY
            7 - Class B
            - Name: Wilwarin
            Lo there do I see my father
            Lo there do I see my mother
            and my sisters and my brothers
            Lo there do I see the line of my people
            back to the begining
            Lo they do call to me
            They bid me take my place among them
            in the Halls of Valhalla
            where the brave may live forever

Comment

Another bolt of lightning lanced out of the ether, striking Fulminia's surface with primordial fury. Nearby, energy collectors looked expectantly to the skies, like worshippers anticipating a gift from the Goddess. Ethereal crackles jumped and hopped through the churning, cloud-filled sky, every so often accepting the invitation and leaping headlong into the collectors, to be sent to bring light to an otherwise dismal planet.

Andromache Audacia hated Fulminia, unable to fathom why the Peregrines would even try to settle a world such as this. Sure, it was green and verdant... once every hundred and fifty days when the cloud cover broke and the rain stopped. In between, it was a muddy, wetsoaked quagmire, fit only for getting people wet really fast. The lightning was the only thing that really kept people from heading to Concord or Tranquilita, the promise of cheap, unpolluting energy that virtually eliminated the need for standard power plants. Fulminia's economy depended on the nineteen energy farms deployed in its most storm-wracked zones.

If Andromache was successful today, there would be eighteen energy farms dotting the surface of Fulminia.

---------------------

In the past century or so, the Confederacy Starshield had been elevated to a semi-divine status by many Peregrines. The stories of its valor during the Rebellion, driving back Imperial fleets with mere squadrons of ships, risking everything to defend the defenseless. For hundreds of years the Peregrines had had no need for the Starshield, with the galaxy quiet and uneventful.

However, Citizen Ariadne realized that to exist without a Starshield was to sign a written invitation to blow the Confederacy into dust. Fortunately, her predecessor followed the same mode of thinking, and had begun the first, tentative steps to reconstructing the Starshield as well as the Airshield, the planetary-based wing of the Confederacy's defense.

Now, arrayed on the airfields at the Icarus Center, sat one of the most glorious things Ariadne had ever seen. Its silver hull gleamed in the light of Ocula Dea and reflected the white shine of the smaller Gemma Dea, the Jewel of the Goddess. The artisans had certainly earned their pay after crafting this latest masterpiece. Indeed, it looked almost organic, with a partvitude of straight lines or tight corners. This was a ship that reeked of speed.

At its bow was the stylized shield filled with stars that the Confederacy Starshield used as its emblem. Below it, in the looping, graceful letters of the Peregrine alphabet, was the name of the ship inscribed. Athena Nike. Ariadne thought it was a good name.

Of course, Athena Nike was not yet ready for its maiden flight. After centuries of neglect, even with their great skill in these matters, Peregrine engineers were still perfecting many facets of its technology. Its hull lay in the light of the sun like a tanning snake, patiently waiting until the day when she could finally burst forth into the heavens.

Ariadne, in the meantime, was filled with anticipation. When that goes up, she mused, I'm gonna be on it.

------------------
              We will never forget...
              Free Spink and YYYH!

Your faithful and hell-bent NIMadier CWALer,
              Fjorxc the Maniac

"Starchild's post is stricken from the thread due to its utter unrealism. This is a high school, not the Council of Doom and Death."
              -LordStone1

"HAHAHAH! Starchild is such a moron!"
              -Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Andread walked through the big silver doors and into the end of the hallway. In bright red Delian letters "ACCESS RESTRICTED" was printed. Ugliest fukkin letters I've ever seen, Andread thought. Maybe when this was all over I can do something about that. Nah, they work, and they're logical. Andread thought much like the typical Delian-if it works, and it's logical, don't bother with it. He put in his Level 1 priority card-he hoped it would work. If not, that hacker was going to die. It worked. If Andread knew more about Delian security systems, he'd know that it was he who going to die.
                No fake priority card had ever worked, and it is doubtful if one ever would. Andread passed through the door, and he took a shot to his head.
                "Clean up that blood, Mr. van der Leek. That's disgusting."
                "Yes sir."
                There would be no coup in the CUD-at least not one by Andread.
                [This message has been edited by Spartan187 (edited April 22, 2000).]
                The establishment of a Hebrew government and the implementation of its plans - this is the sole way of rescuing our people, salvaging our existence and our honor. We will follow this path, for there is no other. We will fight! Every Jew in our homeland will fight!

Comment

Four figures moved stealthily towards the residence of Council Leader Casee. The nght was quiet around them as they unholstered their weapons. One of them started pulling explosive chages out of his pack.
                  Without warning, the compund exploded into light. Led by Council Leader Casee, Foundation Security Forces circled the intruders and ordered them to surrender. The intruder leader looked at his men, and nodded.
                  "For the Society!" he yelled, and detonated his charge, followed by his companions.
                  The Foundationforces hit the deck, and after the explosion, the security commander looked at the Council Leader
                  "The Society is getting bolder, sir"
                  "So will we. If we are to become a mojor player in the galaxy,we must make sure that we are internally strong."
                  But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
                  If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
                  He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
                  But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

OOC: how long should interstellar travel take?

Comment

When viewed from a distance the Planet Maja looked like it had rings circling the entire planet at the equator. When one got closer, it became apparent that the rings were artificial. In fact the rings were the millenia old "Stars of Forever" shipyards. During the Hazor plague the shipyards had been abandoned as construction of new ships was meaningless if the Ki-Maja could not defeat the Hazor. But 300 years ago, the process of restoring the shipyard to its former glory had been begun. The Hazor that still inhabited the years were not killed with medicines but captured and stored. It was recognized that the Hazor could be a potent biological weapon.

The Shipyards had by now been 95% rebuilt and had already started building massive amounts of ships. The shipyards had berthing space for over 1,000,000 ships of various sizes and had been the sole yard for the Ki-Maja dominion back in the imperial days. At this time few warships were being constructed. Only explorers and personal transports for the 50 million Ki-Maja still surviving were being constructed for now.

Meanwhile the Council of 7 and the Prime, who was known was Draco Sigmanius Gaius Pomerius or Sigma for short, had taken up residence in the hundred millenia old Chamber of Eternity in the city Chazanor. The Chamber was a building of exquisite beauty with tall spires and regal arches. Constructed of cystalline materials the Chamber like most other Ki-Maja buildings shimmered in the mid day sun.

Newer Ki-Maja buildings like the Octagon in Nankros were made of organic materials and were by all definitions alive but immobile. The Octagon was where all Ki-Maja military concerns were handled and homes home to War Leader Octavius Hamerious Viaus Boldus III, the Ki-Maja military leader.

Vistors to Maja and moreso to Higi'ria would notice the incredible lack of workers. With a population of just 50 million workers were scarce. Some buildings were constructed by Robot automatons but the vast majority of buildings were simply grown. Ki-Maja buildings therfore had the apperance of being born not built with sleek curves and tapered ends.

The Ki-Maja were a race that did not reproduce quickly. For those reasons and the lack of Ki-Maja the life of a single Ki-Maja was of pivotal importance. Ki-Maja knew, by their psychic link, when one of their kind was killed and by whom. And they usually responded to a death with an insane genocidal campaign. Such would be the fate of the aggresive race know as the Mhadoras. But that is for another chapter in the eternal Ki-Maja saga.

Comment

OOC: Gibster, 1/2-2 RL days.
                        [This message has been edited by PolarisGL (edited April 22, 2000).]
                        Please Visit:
                        http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Gibstar walked into the "Scientific Expansion Room" of the command laboratory of Pray, the Preteon Capitol. Fellow scientists, and even a few of the military advisers turned upon his entrance. As was custom, Gibstar was in his synthetic biological shell, dwarfing his subordinates accordingly.

One of the scientists spoke up, "We have located a solar system with limited technological life. This planet is inhabited by humanoid creatures, larger than ourselves. There is some form of society, but nothing as superior as ourselves."
                          "Excellent," replied Gibstar. "We can use this planet and it's life-forms in a manner befitting their inferiority. Take 200 synthwarriors, and destroy their Prime habitat to test them - both our troopers, and the aliens. If they manage to kill any of our soldiers, they will be worthy of life. If not, then bring as many back as possible, for manual labour and genetic experiments. That is all."

Within two days, a starship transport left Pray, and headed for the alien system.

Comment

First Trilarian Race Report

And the first Trilarian colony ship lifted up from the orbit of Trilar Prime, the eternal homeworld of the Trilarians. It was leaving to search a fifth home for this race of aquatics, to expand their space needed for habitation.
                            ===============
                            Race Overview: Trilarians

The Trilarians are a aquatic race, originating from the water-covered world of Trilar Prime. Their bodies consist of a gel-like, nearly transparent substance, allowing them to mask themselves perfectly among liquids. They have been capable of interstellar travel for a long time, but they acquired technology needed for interplanetary colonization a very small time ago, due to their abnormal requirements of climate.

Trilarians have a strange ability, possible caused by colonization of their homeworld by an advanced race centuries ago; they can bend space using strong mental waves, thus creating stabile climates for interstellar travel. This allows Trilarian vessels to travel with a faster speed than those commanded by races lacking this capability.
                            ===============
                            Military Overview

Trilarian military forces are greatly medium-size ship-based, and often lack any kind of strong ground forces, due to the semi-aquatic constitution of their bodies. Trilarians are a peaceful race by nature, but if they use orbital bombardment, it is often made with horrifying biochemical weaponry. Their ships are often covered with genetically engineered bio-mass that may attach itself to other ships, thus causing blackouts. Trilarian weaponry is based on the idea of disabling enemy ships. The primary ship classes used by Trilarians are Birostris-class frigates, Valar-class cruisers and Ultramarines-class standard carriers. Exact technical facts will arrive in my future reports.

===============
                            The Trilarian Aqua-Coalition consists currently of two colonies in the Trilar world, one in the nearby Tau Aquarius world, and one in the Beta Aquarius world. Trilarians have access to very complicated climatical change technology, so they may "aquatize" a world in decades if necessary by lifting its overall temperature.

-Patriqvium

------------------
                            And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds, and nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of tubular bells.
                            Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

My ICQ number for possible authorizations etc. is: 67562737
                              Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

OOC: All races have nothing in their military to start with.
                                Please Visit:
                                http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Working...
                                X