The World 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The World 2010

Welcome to the World 2010. This story thread/war thread will be a little bit more fair due to that it is ten years in the future. You can claim any area of the world, although suggesting small. Rules:

1.The continental USA will be split into two main parts. Hawaii and Alaska are also independent states.

2. You can be more imaginative, due to it is in 10 years. Note the fact that nothing will really change in 10 years, though. But Politically and economicly, yes.

3.The only 3rd World area is Africa excluding Egypt and South Africa.

4. You CAN start colonies anywhere in the world, including Antartica.

5.Large Laser defences are the only form of "futuristic" weapons.

6.You should also be realistic.

7.IF you want to be the leaders of the UN, you have to swear to protect small human-controlled nations. (IE not like BIG)

8.Also note the fact that the former CIS countries are about to crumble, so if you are the whole thing of the CIS, prepare for civil war. The CIS armies are small.

I am President Jean-Paul Luc of Greater France, which includes France, the Lowlands, Monaco, Andorra, area surrounding Geneva, and the Rhineland.

So join the World 2010!

[This message has been edited by Bill3000 (edited April 14, 2000).]
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Hmmm. If that's the case than we need a Germany to kick France's ass and retake the Rhineland. Only one thing I see a problem with. No Rhineland for France!! Come on the Germans wouldn't give it to the Frogs that easily and there would have to be a major partisan problem.

Comment

The Election of Don Quixote marked a turning point in the history of Mexico. He is an optimist, how strives only to bring greater prosperity to the peoples of Latin America. With a true 'uncorruptable' in office, commerce for once thrived, and poverty was lifted to a level previously unheard of before. Heavy industry has been concentrated into small 'pollutable' areas, and as many Rainforests as possible have been preserved, as tourist areas. Mining is done in the rainforests, which is the best use for them, because once the valuable ores have been mined out, the rainforests will heal over. These mining operations also have as little impact as possible on the Rainforest.
      Mexico, by 2004, had established itself as one of the rising stars of e-commerce, and other high-tech industries. Crime is lowering, and individual freedoms are rising.
      By 2006, Mexico had annexed Guatemala, Belize, and El Salvador, bringing Quixote's enlightened rule to those impoverished states as well.
      By 2008, Honduras and Nicaragua voted themselves into Mexico, which was promptly renamed the ULA, or the Union of Latin America.
      Now, with 2010 at hand, the ULA prepares to finish it's stunning coup, and take Costa Rica and Panama. The ULA air force has been brought up to readiness, and the "Conquistador" style tanks have been brought to the front.
      Hundreds of thousands of Mexicans, Hondurans, Guatamalens, and many others, are united to bring the rest of their brothers in with them into their enlightened brotherhood.

Viva Don Quixote!
      [This message has been edited by monolith94 (edited April 11, 2000).]
      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
      Drake Tungsten
      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
      Albert Speer

Comment

OOC: Using a 1990 map, I calculated the population of those countries to be a total of: 109,461,000. Since it is 20 years later, I shall guestimate my population at. . . Somewhere around 115 million. Do you think this is too high or too low?
        Drake Tungsten
        Albert Speer

Comment

OOC -

IC

In the year 2000 German chief of state President Roman Herzog engineered a coup. He disbanded the Bundestag and declared himself supreme ruler of Germany. On April 4, 2000 he was offcially crowned Kaiser Roman I of the Kingdom of Germany. The weak Federal Republic of Germany was dead. In it's place the Kingdom of Germany or Fourth Reich rose. The Reichstag was elected in February 2001 with Chancellor Jan Linder at the helm. The new Chancellor will have limited powers with the Kaiser in real control. Over the years the German Reich mobilized her armed forces, improved her economy, and vastly improved industrial efficiency. In 2006 Austria and Liechtenstein were absorbed in the Reich in the second Anschluss. The Czech Republic was absorbed in 2008 and Switzerland was declared a German protectorate. However this has been partially hampered because of the French seizure of the Saar. The Ruhr remained in German hands but the loss of Saarland smarted and humiliated the Reich. Now in 2010 the time is come. The Reichswehr is a healthy armed force, the Kriegsmarine is one of the most modern navies in the world, and the Reich is posed to strike. The French will long rue the day they took part of the Fatherland. Lang Leben Deutschland!!!!
          [This message has been edited by Bearcat (edited April 11, 2000).]

Comment

OOC: I shall take Russia, the Baltic States, Belorussia, the Ukraine, and Poland, since someone took Germany two minutes before I was going to post claiming it.

*Looks at Bearcat.*

IC:
            Long had the nations of the Neo-Warsaw Pact waited for this moment. Since 2002, they had bided their time, building up their military forces, improving their economies, and mostly waiting. President Vladimir Putin had long since consolidated power in Russia and made himself absolute ruler of Neo-Warsaw Pact. Democracy still existed, but the Putin could override the Parliament at any time.

Comment

The Neo-Warsaw Pact condemns French expansionism and publicly announces that it will support any actions taken by the German Empire against France.

To further emphasize its actions, the Neo-Warsaw Pact has fully moblized its military and stands ready to assist the Germans in destroying France.

Comment

OOC: Oh god, are you guys gonna just gang up on Bill again??? Bill, you'd better give 'em back the Rhine and the Saar and whatever.

But not Alsace Lorraine .

To: France

Together, we can grow stronger each year. . . Would you join in a military alliance with us?
                Drake Tungsten
                Albert Speer

Comment

OOC: *sigh* Yeah...exactly what this forum needs, more competition...you know, it's hard enough to keep one modern thread alive, now you have to go for two? Geez...Bill, just come back to BIG and take another nation or something...

Fine, I claim Taiwan and China (PRC and ROC) under the flag of the Republic of China...
                  Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Sigma Gallentious watching the proceedings with a tear coming to his eye. It was all so beautiful, the hall of mirrors and the the happy faces of the people around. Sigma was coronated as the United Nation's first ever Prime Director at the palace of versailles in a motion to further strengten the UN as a buffer against future wars. While the UN still must obey majority opinions, it now has the power of independent activity and holds a small but highly trained independent armed forces. A new era for mankind had truly begun as 5 Eurofighters thundered overhead.(ooc: ever heard of GDI from command and conquer?.......)

Comment

OOc - Well no it's not really personal against Bill it's the whole France has the Rhine. Persoanlly I don't think that could happen but if it did the Germans would go to war over it. Especially if you got a nationalistic government like mine. After all Bill wanted realism.

Comment

Today is the Tenth anniversary of Zoroastrian Neo-Persians overthrowing their Muslim counterparts.

Today also marks the end of an eight year old war with Afghanistan and Kazakhstan.

Territories: Iran, Afghanistan, Turkimenistan and Kirgistan.
                        Jools Weevil Jr.
                        what have you been drinking again jools?-MarkG
                        Have a nice ****ing day

Comment

Oh great, another thread by Bill. Why not send this to OT as well?

Comment

Ok, I'll give the Rhineland back.

BTW, no nukes.

Military powers havn't changed; France is still second best military in Europe.

And ScottF, PLEASE don't try to gang up on smaller countries.

- - - - - - - - - - -

January 1, 2010

-Greater France starts plans for annexation of Algeria.

-Rhineland becomes independent as the Republic of the Rhine.

-Proposal to Germany to annex Rhineland for Baden.

-Alliance with ULA passed!

-Military spending is increased.
                            - - - - -
                            "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                            "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                            Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

In 2005, the Reunification took place - and Ireland was a nation once again.

Ireland was fast gaining a great reputation for military power abroad, as the peacekeeping missions in East Timor and Lebanon failed, a kind of semi-colonialism took place.

With the collapse of the United Kingdom, the Celtic Federation (as Ireland's new semi-empire was called) landed a large number of troops in Wales and Scotland, and proclaimed them protectorates.

The democratic republic in Ireland were too weak to control such a large land area, and a bloodless coup established General stodlum

OOC:
                              Ireland, Lebanon, Timor, Kosovo as (colonies) and Wales and Scotland (protectorates, but pay taxes to me )

Comment

Working...
                              X