No announcement yet.

Suriname IX: "The New Beginning" Brainstorming Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look. I apologize seeing how I unintentionally pissed you off, but I do not want Suriname to sink into the abyss of unbelievably overpowered, unrealistic tripe as I now see the old threads as. I am going to rebalance the old empires somewhat to make them more or less equal. Having the manufacturing capabilities of fifteen dimensions behind you does not exactly strike me as equal.

If you have anything to say to me, please say it, because I hate making enemies.

Now then, the Bill3000 question. Imran has repeatedly made it clear that he will not participate in Suriname if Bill3000 does. I have no desire to alienate anyone, and therefore will not unilaterally forbid Bill from participating. So I put it to a vote. Who here would want Bill participating or not?

Relating to that, I have an idea which may satisfy some of you. If we let Bill3000 in, we make it clear that he must behave. If he does not, he is immediately tossed oot, and upon my archival of the thread, all references to him and his nation will be deleted. How's that strike you?

Comment

I would like to be a part of this but you guys are REALLY testing the waters.

I will only continue under one circumstance:

I am stripped of NONE of my technologies.

Comment

(serious effort to be as calm, cool and unoffensive as possible)

Let's just look at the situation here. Empires like USE, USSA, DSES, DPDR, etc. are using low- to mid-level MOO2 technology, say, almost advanced as far as Phasors. (It's been a while, so I might be off.) Titan construction would be extensive and time-consuming.

Meanwhile, you want to be equipped with technology that lets you go on a galaxy-wide killing spree, with monstrous hordes of Doom Stars equipped with Adamantium Armor, Zeon Missiles, Stellar Converters, Disruptors, Plasma Cannons, and Time Warp Facilitators.

Somehow, this strikes me as severely unbalancing, and I could see this thread eventually mutate into a "Watch DarthVeda massacre the weakling infidels with his all-powerful super-technology."

But I think it would be foolish to boycott Suriname for a trifle such as this. Instead, let's put it to everyone else. Okay, everyone who is not me or DarthVeda, what do you think of this issue? Please voice your say.

Comment

I'd like to give bill a chance on the note that his first slip from "reality" will be responded with a healthy ban.

I don't want my all-powerful empire, just my technology. I'll even start with a handful of ships (say 4 destroyers and a colony ship). Say 10,000 people.
          [This message has been edited by DarthVeda (edited April 21, 2000).]

Comment

Okay, Darth, that's great. No hard feelings, I just didn't want it to become unbalanced from the very start.

And as for Bill, check the suggestion I made on one of my other posts in this thread if you haven't already.

Comment

I can see an all powerful Sancordian Alliance!! Count me in!
              I'd rather not have Bill in this thread.
              [This message has been edited by Bolo (edited April 21, 2000).]
              If they aren't free by now then they can stay in jail

Comment

Btw, Ming said we could have this on the OT
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

*Mao bows his head to the Keeper of the Stories*
                  Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Oh most fair Imran, we praise you for repeating what Mao said aboot ten posts up.

Comment

It's called count +1

Comment

I, obviously, vote No Bill.

Comment

Ok. But remember, I have never been in a Suriname thread so I have no idea what u guys are talking about...
                          The honorary duty of a human being
                          is to love, I am human and nothing
                          human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

quote:

Oh most fair Imran, we praise you for repeating what Mao said aboot ten posts up.

Actually you are wrong. Ming said he'd accept a story thread in the OT on the TRIAL BASIS and that was Bill's World 99 or something.

If you posted Suriname in the OT without Ming's permission, then it would have been quickly moved.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Really? Ming told me there was always an open space for an S&D thread in the OTF, whether it be an advertising thread or a whole story thread. Either way, we can do this in the OTF if the participants wish.

Comment

Yes, NOW we can. He said ONLY that Bill's thread could come to the OT for a "trial run".

He accepted Suriname because, well... it's Suriname!

Comment

Working...
                                X