mrmitchell's NES: Tough Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWS FLASH!

Mexican Cuban relations are being disturbed by an uprising in Cuba and terrorist forces attacking mother Mexico! Mexico is beginning peace talks with the terrorist upring groups, and covert intervention to stop the bloodshed. Trade with Cuba has stopped until we can ensure safety for the Cuban people.
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

• Russia to Mexico:

For too long we have been effectively cut off from the countries of the west, we seek to remedy that by building closer ties. We seek to establish permanent diplomatic channels and strike down trade barriers.

2011 stats

Economy: 52 (more trade, jobs, investment, better equipment)
      Army: 45 (better weapons)
      Navy: 46
      Air: 43 (arms purchases)
      Discontent: 38 (conditions are generally looking up)
      Infrastructure: 60 (construction projects, urban projects)
      Education: 68 (better informed)
      Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• Mexico to Russia

What exactly do you mean? Just start trading? Sure! Let the trade begin! But Mexico is cautious of this. We demand that you send us WORKING weapons, and battle ready boats before we enter into this agreement.
        (out of character)
        how is discontent measured?
        when I say 15.5 i mena that is he percent of the population that doesn't like the country. Is that right? or am i doing something wrong here?

Comment

• Russia to Mexico:

We can sell you small arms, machine tools, ship hulls, standard supplies, engines, things of that nature.

OOC: I'm not exactly sure what the real world equivalent of discontent is--all I know is the lower the number the better. For all of the statistic fields I gave generally taken it to be a sort of sliding scale, with 40 to 60 being "average"/ "sufficient" but I'm not sure how accurate that is.
          Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

• Mexico to Russia
            Mexico would like to purchase naval supplies and weapons from Mother Russia.

Mexican peace talks with Cuban terrorists have not been going well. The terrorists have been meeting for peacetalks, and then suicide bombing them. They have been threatening Mexico, but have yet to take any major action as of yet. Covert actions have been mildily successful, but we have yet to get close enough to actually kill the leader of the movement.

Comment

• when I say 15.5 i mena that is he percent of the population that doesn't like the country. Is that right? or am i doing something wrong here?
              I probably would have done better to use real world numbers, but the measurements in this NES are just a sliding scale...

0 is "everyone's happy and peaceful" (Canada)
              20 is "there's a few people who are pissed off"
              40 is "many people dislike the government"
              60 is "active demonstrations and lots of distrust, dislike of the government and/or society"
              Anything above 70 is generally asking for a f*cking revolution. Of course, for roleplay purposes you can have those rogue Cuban terrorists attacking at any time, but a revolution in the sense that it has popular support has to be above 70 (most cases. It's not an exact thing.)

Likewise, "economy" isn't a specific number either. 45 as my econ. number doesn't mean I have 55% unemployment or that my GDP is 45% of its 2003 level or anything at all. It's just a general "idea" of the wealth of France, specifically the wealth of the majority class. 45 isn't low enough that there are masses starving out in the streets, but it is a pretty damn bad number, and makes people only able to afford the basics. Discontent would be related to economy in that if the economy continues improving, discontent evaporates because you have a larger employed class that can afford more.

Again, it's not an exact science. That's why I made it a low-moderation NES: it's got the roleplay elements and interaction of a story, but without all the extras that can slow the game down.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

• What exactly get's your metaphorical goat about the adjournmnet camps? What can we do, within reason to improve realtions with France? Besides getting rid of the vitality adjournment camps of course! As a sign of good will, Mexico has signed up all of the "power hungry bastards" for the fruit of the month club! Also, Mexico has also sent you some waorkers, supplies, and machinery to aid in the improvement of your infrastructure. Mexico has also ensured that those who are employed in the vitality adjournment camps are getting slightly more rations, and an extra hour and a half of sleep time.
                If you can let us insure that your Vitality Adjournment Camp workers are getting 8 hours of sleep a day and dietician-approved meals 3 times daily, we will help you with the terrorists.

Comment

• Mexico to France
                  we do not seek your help with the terrorists. Mexico has the situation under control. If you wish to help Mexioc, you may donate to our military.
                  We would like to say that they are getting 3 diatecian approved meals a day, and sleep is not eight hours, but six.

Comment

• France to Mexico
                    we do not seek your help with the terrorists.
                    Suit yourself then.

Comment

• NEWS FLASH!!!

Cuban terrorists have been getting quite unruly, and have discovered and are currently torturing the undercover Mexican agents. They have obtained vital information about the Empire of De La Rocha. They have vowed that by tomorrow there will be a massive terrorist strike that will cripple Mexico. Mexico has put the country on a highest alert status, and is beginning a Militant Invasion of Cuba to quell the terrorist revolution.

Comment

• France is reopening the offer of aid to Mexico--if it raises the labor camp standards to our desired level.

Comment

• Mexico to France
                          We have raised our sleep level to eight hours, and request only supplies. We do not need additional troops.

News Flash

The war against Cuba and its surrounding islands is going well to some degree. We have detroyed most of the revolutionary bases on the Western side of Cuba, and have been moving in from there. We are slowly advancing to their base of operations in Camaguey. The previously undercover agents are said to be located in Camaguey as well. The farthest that we have reached as of yet is Santa Clara. A few small townships on the way haven't fallen as easily and are being starved until they choose peace. Other surrounding islands such as Isla De Juventud, The Cayman Islands, certain parts of the Bahmmas, and Haiti. The govt. ofthe Dominican Republic has volutarily let Mexico post guards and Use D.R. as a general HQ. The citizens of the D.R. aren't exactly happy about having Mexican troops posted in their towns, and are staging small riots from time to time that must be put down with considerable force.

Comment

• France News
                            France sends supplies to Mexico.

SECRET: France's intelligence operations keep a closer watch on Mexico and Cuba.

Comment

• NEWSFLASH!!!!
                              Mexico has succeeded in suppressing the Cuban infection of the Gulf. Mexico has eexited the Dominican Republic, and has given Haiti ove to the D.R. Cuba and its surrounding islands are now legally considered a part of Mexico, and will still operate by a voting system of the Cuabn people, with the same laws as before, but under a Mexican Flag, and the watchful eye of De La Rocha. It is hard to tell how the people of Cuba feel, because it is so soon after the bloody revolution, only time will tell.
                              Mexico to France
                              Tahnkyou for your supplies, they were quite helpful.

Mexico to China
                              Thankyou for finally leaving us alone.

Economy- 55.4 more land, more workers, morer capital for the people, plus better standards in vitality adjournment camps proves to be profitable.

Military- 47.3 French supplies helped and soldiers are now experienced

Education- 15.2/53 - 15.2 for the workers 53 for the state employed academics

Dissent- 14- Improvement of conditions in the vitality adjournment camps

Infrastructure- 53.5 militarizing country involves infrastructure upgrades.

Comment

• France to Mexico
                                Proposal: If you free your new territories back into independence, and if you hold free France-certified elections, we will send you economic and military aid.

Comment

Working...
                                X