• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NANESIA Iceland

[THE REPUBLIC OF ICELAND

[IMG]C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\flag.gif[/IMG]

Background:
    Settled by Norwegian and Celtic (Scottish and Irish) immigrants during the late 9th and 10th centuries A.D., Iceland boasts the world's oldest functioning legislative assembly, the Althing, established in 930. Independent for over 300 years, Iceland was subsequently ruled by Norway and Denmark. Fallout from the Askja volcano of 1875 devastated the Icelandic economy and caused widespread famine. Over the next quarter century, 20% of the island's population emigrated, mostly to Canada and the US. Limited home rule from Denmark was granted in 1874 and complete independence attained in 1944. Literacy, longevity, income, and social cohesion are first-rate by world standards. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    General Information
    Capital: Reykjavík
    Ruler: Ólafur Ragnar Grimsson
    Population: 280.798
    Land Area: land: 100,250 sq km
    Neighboring Countries: Faero islands, Greenland, Great Britain, Norway

Diplomatic Status:
    At War:
    Annexed Nations:
    Alliances:

Economy
    Treasury: 0c
    Income: 5c/turn
    Factories: 0

Map
    [IMG]C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\ic-map.gif[/IMG]
    When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

dude, are you really Icelandic? that would be so cool, i've never even seen a real Icelander before. well, except for bjork. does she count?

Comment

Well you don't even see me you'r just reading something that i write and yes i think that bjork counts although she is extremely boring and sings even more boring music

Comment

No way... I like Bjork music... ever seen dancer in the dark?

I loved it.

Anyway... welcome to NES

Saluti
        "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
        The trick is the doing something else."
        — Leonardo da Vinci
        "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
        "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

Thankes
          Yes i've seen it and it was bickering, i hate the way how she sings, how she dresses(in a swan suit on the golden globe!!)

Comment

i thought all Icelanders did that to keep warm!? Are there any other famous people from your country?

Comment

ME!
              I'm known by more foreigners then many of my fellow countrymen.

But seriously haven't you heard about Sigurrós, Quarasi haven't you seen Englar Alheimsins(Angels of the universe)
              Go on kaaza and write Sigurrós or Quarashi and download some songs with them

And of course Master Ólaf the BEST handballplayer in the world!
              And of course we found America

Comment

Working...
              X