• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire of Japan - Sheep NES

Japan - Nihon

Leader: Emperor AKIHITO

Governtment: Parlimentary Monarchy

Population: 126,974,628

Info: While retaining its time-honored culture, Japan rapidly absorbed Western technology during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. After its devastating defeat in World War II, Japan recovered to become the second most powerful economy in the world and a staunch ally of the US. While the emperor retains his throne as a symbol of national unity, actual power rests in networks of powerful politicians, bureaucrats, and business executives. The economy experienced a major slowdown in the 1990s following three decades of unprecedented growth. A resurgence of nationalism and pride for Japan in the early 21st century has lead to more growth, and hopes for expansion.

Income: Eight Credits Per Turn

Treasury: Eight Credits

Nations Occupied: -

Allies: America, India, South Korea, United Kingdom and Germany.

Pacts: -

Alliances:
    International Treaty of Nations
    Treaty of San Francisco
    Treaty of Calcutta
    Treaty of Matsue

Army:

Navy:

Air Force:

Divisions Lost: -

Fleets Lost: -

Unique Units:
    Rising Sun Submarine
    Replaces the Attack Submarine. Excellent in attack good in defence. Is able to travel at twice the normal speed (Two oceans in one turn). Costs just four credits.

Industry:

---

Turns:

Turn 1 - 7/2003
    Earned: Eight Credits - Treasury: Zero Credits
    Bank Credits

Turn 2 - 8/2003
    Earned: Eight Credits - Treasury: Eight Credits
    Bank Credits

Turn 3 - 9/2003
    Earned: Eight Credits - Treasury: Sixteen Credits
    Build 2 Armored Divisions
    Build Transport Fleet
    Last edited by plexus; July 15, 2003, 21:44.

reserved

Comment

reserved-

Comment

To Japan
        From President Williams of the United States

An alliance would do best to help our two nations, and we believe it would be in the green if our two nations do sign one. What do you say?
        "Your a Mod not a God" - AnarchyRulz
        MOD of StJNES4, JNES: The War of the World
        JNESIV: Some Things Should Never Die

Comment

To: The Empire of Jappopan

Perhaps our nations can be allied, for the better of Asia?

Comment

To The Japanese of Kyoto
            From President Willaims of the United States

I wish to offer you a formal invitation to sign the ITN, International Treaty of Nations, so that your nation is allied with the following members: America, United Kingdom, and South Korea. This is, of course, pending on the acceptance of the United Kingdom, but you already have the United States approval.

Comment

Message from the British Consulate in Tokyo, Japan

==============================================

The British diplomats to the ITN have voted in favour of the Empire of Japan joining the organisation. This brings the votes in favour 2 to 3, with no need for the Korean diplomats to pass their respective votes.

Comment

To: America & UK
                We accept to join the ITN.

Comment

To The Japanese Consulate, New York, NY
                  From President Williams, Washington, D.C.

Friend, I believe a strong alliance is a large alliance. I have put through the invitation to the Russian government, and ask for your ratification should they accept.

Comment

"The president of South Korea is waiting in the reception room sir." The receptionist's nasal voice came across the speaker.

Huh?

The Ambassador to South Koreda was hardly prepared, he stood, attempting to right himself, "Send him in."

The door tipped open and through it came the president of South Korea.

He was a short man, roughly five feet tall, but the Ambassodor didn't know this because he measured in meters instead and didn't really know how high a 'foot' was, he had a long, thin beard in emulation of the wizened ninja masters the President had seen on television. The president also walked with a profoundly drunken swagger.

"We we need to talk," he slurred almost every syllable, almost dancing about the room in his alcahol induced way.

"Yes, yes sir, do you accept the offer of alliance we presented earlier?"

"I've.... I've been thinking about it...."

The president's eyes rolled around in his head for a bit.

"Hey, is that a tree?"

He was looking at the Bonsai tree on the desk.

"Yes, yes it is."

The president had begun poking it with his finger, singing, "Hey there.... Mr. Tree, Hey there."

A look of revolted fascination swept across the ambassador's face, "Sir," he coughed for emphasis, "Sir, about the treaty."

"Oh yeah," the Korean looked up at him. "Yeah, tell the Emperor I said, 'hi'", he even made the effort of adding the quotation marks by making them above his head, "And that..... yeah.... can do. We'll be allies."

"Excellent, sir," there was no enthusiasm in his voice, not a trace of respect only a cold revulsion at the drunken fool before him.

"Hey... you wanna go get a drink with me?" that damnable slur had returned in force.

"No, I think I shall do quite well without it."

The president made an exaggerated shrug, "Your loss."

"I'm quite sure," he was starting to wonder if there had been prudent thinking behind the offer, "but I must be at work now, It's been pleasant. Have a nice evening."

"Yeah, bye."

And with that the president slipped out of the room, pretending to be an invisible ninja as he hopped down the stairs and out of the consulate.

"God save us all."
                    Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

sry if I was a little rough on ur thread plex.
                      Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

No problem, SKIL, the more stories, the merrier.

Comment

Germany wishes for an alliance with you Japanese.As you would remember we germans are trust worthy allies (Especially to the Japanese lol).

Comment

Working...
                          X