Alien Dip II Sign-up sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Dip II Sign-up sheet

Alien dip is a rules-based variant that is an enourmous amount of fun since everyone starts out on an even playing field no matter what map it is played on (since everyone starts with three armies in a space ship that are then beamed down wherever you want) and the use of colonization and the beaming of units up and down leads to a lot of interesting strategy that isn't present in the standard game.

Here's the rules:

(house rules: spaces remain colonized even when the power that colonized them is eliminated, I never allow countries to go into civil disorder this means either replacing players or having a dip-playing friend make up orders for a NMRed country on a provisional basis and I'm lenient with misorders when the intent is clear)

Here's an EOG from the winner of the first game of this variant:

Some things I learned about It Came From Outer Space strategy by GMing Alien Dip I:
    -If the map is relatively crowded separating your units out far enough that they can't immediately help each other is a very bad idea (it got Imran killed quickly) but landing your units close by but not in adjacent SCs can help a lot with early-game growth (this helped Victor G and SnowFire become dominant). Also trying to land your armies in the same place as someone else in the first turn and/or not adapting your tactics to the variant rules will make you dead fast.

I'll keep this open for a week or two and then pick a map that's an appropriate size for the number of people who sign up.

when you sign up place give me the name of your alien empire and a color pref list (for the map)
    Stop Quoting Ben

Ooh, ooh, me!
    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

great
      you're the sixth, empire name and color?
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Um...

"Fireflies", Blue
        Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

I'm pretty tempted to join in, although I'm going to be pretty busy the next two weeks. *slaps hand away from keyboard, hand reaches forward anyway*

Crap, Ok the Hive and Dark Green.
          ku eshte shpata eshte feja
          Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

don't worry it won't start for about a week and the first two turn as pretty low-key in this variant (just have to negotiate an uncontested landing place).
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I've got nine people signed up now (mix of cgn, apolyton and cat23 people) the game will be starting fairly soon.
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
              X