World War I Variant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War I Variant

The archduke has been shot, and Europe is mobilized for war.

There are 3 groups. Entente, Alliance, and Italy.

Entente centres are:
    Lon, Edi, Lvp, Par, Bre, Mar, Mos, War, Stp, Sev, Ser (11)

Alliance centres are:
    Ber, Kie, Mun, Pru, Ruh, Vie, Bud, Tri, Con, Ank, Smy (11)

Italian centres are:
    Rom, Ven, Nap (3)

Within the Entente there are three nations:
    England, France, Russia (and Serbian allies)

England controls F Lon, F Edi, and A Yor, and any units created in Lon, Edi, or Yor.
    France controls A Par, F Bre, and A Mar, and any units created in Par, Bre, or Mar
    Russia controls A Mos, A War, F Stp (sc), F Sev, and A Ser, and any units created in Mos, War, Stp, Sev, and Ser

Within the Alliance there are three nations:
    Germany, Austria-Hungary, Ottoman Empire

Germany controls A Ber, F Kie, A Mun, A Pru, and A Ruh, and any units created in Ber, Kie, Mun, Pru, and Ruh
    Austria-Hungary controls A Vie, A Bud, and F Tri, and any units created in Vie, Bud, and Tri
    Ottoman Empire controls A Con, F Ank, and A Smy, and any units created in Con, Ank, and Smy

Italy acts as its own nation

All neutral supply centres are given a militia. The milita for each nation (Hol, Bel, Den, Swe, Nor, Spa, Por, Tun, Gre, Bul, and Rum) cannot support each other or any other unit, but can be supported by any nation's forces (unless cut or otherwise unsuccessful by standard diplomacy rules)

Upon dislodgement, these units cannot retreat, and are destroyed.

One player is assigned to each nation and its units. They can make any moves that they desire. However, builds are cumulative. If England gains a centre and France loses a centre, neither nation builds. If England gains a centre and France gains a centre, and Russia does not gain or lose any, the Entente builds 2 units (assuming it has two open supply centres)

Builds do not have to occur in the nation that obtained them. (IE in the scenario above, Entente is able to build in Mos and Sev)

Builds and disbands must be agreed on and identical by all three nations within each group of nations.

Angelfire on Lycos, established in 1995, is one of the leading personal publishing communities on the Web. Angelfire makes it easy for members to create their own blogs, web sites, get a web address (domain) and start publishing online.

Would anyone be interested in trying this variant? I would be glad to GM.
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Turns are as follows:
    August 1914 (Spring Moves)
    September 1914 (Fall Moves)
    October 1914 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    November 1914 (Spring Moves)
    December 1914 (Fall Moves)
    January 1915 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    February 1915 (Spring Moves)
    March 1915 (Fall Moves)
    April 1915 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    May 1915 (Spring Moves)
    June 1915 (Fall Moves)
    July 1915 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    August 1915 (Spring Moves)
    September 1915 (Fall Moves)
    October 1915 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    November 1915 (Spring Moves)
    December 1915 (Fall Moves)
    January 1916 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    February 1916 (Spring Moves)
    March 1916 (Fall Moves)
    April 1916 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    May 1916 (Spring Moves)
    June 1916 (Fall Moves)
    July 1916 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    August 1916 (Spring Moves)
    September 1916 (Fall Moves)
    October 1916 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    November 1916 (Spring Moves)
    December 1916 (Fall Moves)
    January 1917 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    February 1917 (Spring Moves)
    March 1917 (Fall Moves)
    April 1917 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    May 1917 (Spring Moves)
    June 1917 (Fall Moves)
    July 1917 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    August 1917 (Spring Moves)
    September 1917 (Fall Moves)
    October 1917 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    November 1917 (Spring Moves)
    December 1917 (Fall Moves)
    January 1918 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    February 1918 (Spring Moves)
    March 1918 (Fall Moves)
    April 1918 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    May 1918 (Spring Moves)
    June 1918 (Fall Moves)
    July 1918 (Winter Builds/Disbands)
    August 1918 (Spring Moves)
    September 1918 (Fall Moves)
    October 1918 (GAME ENDS)
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

Not seeking to be pedantic or anything, but Germany should have a way of dislodging the Belgian army in turn 1.

Comment

oh well

Comment

It's sort an important thing to consider that the Belgian Army was a complete pushover.

You know, this map would be great with a pseudo Royale version...

Comment

see...if I removed the Belgian army, i'd have to remove the Portugese one, and the Rumanian one, and the Norweigan one too...

then they would become Neutral scs ala regular dip and get taken...

Comment

The German Army shattered the Belgian army within days... perhaps you could omit the Belgian army and have the German army start in Belgium instead? Dunno, but if you want to be 'accurate'...

Comment

i guess that's not a completely bad idea...

Comment

I'm interested...

Is it too early to say my order of preference? If not it's: TEIFRAG

Comment

well, if we get 7, i'll keep your prefs in mind, but wait until we formalize dates to send stuff in.

Comment

I'd like to try this...
                      "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
                      "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
                      "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

k we've got Ruffhaus8, Christatine the Great, civman2000, hodad?

3-4 more

Comment

*fights the temptation*

Let's see if I can stay commited to 1 before taking on a second.

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                            k we've got Ruffhaus8, Christatine the Great, civman2000, hodad?

3-4 more
                            C-h-r-i-s-t-a-n-t-i-n-e!!!!

No one ever spells it right.

Feels good using vBB code again.
                            "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
                            "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
                            "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

sorry, i know i know

"I am male, thank you"

Comment

Working...
                              X