Royale Dip Sign-Up Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royale Dip Sign-Up Sheet

I'll be GMing Apolyton Royale II, the proud successor to Saxony which was amazingly fun.

If we can get 9 players together we'll to 1600 like last time: http://w1.132.telia.com/~u13214882/1600_24C.gif

if we can't I'd like to do heptarchy:

rulers are here:
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Checkout the full domain details of Variantbank.com. Click Buy Now to instantly start the transaction or Make an offer to the seller!

please post prefs for both of the maps.

Also nominations for names less prosiac then Saxony Dip are beeing accepted. How about Breeders Cup?
    Stop Quoting Ben

I'm in. Thanks for GMing Boshko
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I'm in. Preferences sent. I prefer the 1600 map, but the other one is cool too. I think we actually have a player roster set and waiting on a GM for this. Perhaps we should confirm it with them before grabbing newbies. No offense, but this variant will require DEDICATED players!
      What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

oh and here's the revised 1600 map that LS1 and SF fixed up a bit
        Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

here's an interesting article that'll give you a bit of the flavour of the game:

Here's a rough idea of nine families that could be used, want feedback on them to ensure that they're balanced:

the first number is leadership/guile, the second is constitution:

The Ugly Ducklings
        Age 25 King -2/+1
        Age 25 Queen -2/0
        Age 10 Daughter of King -1/+1
        Age 10 Daughter of King -1/0
        Age 10 Daughter of King -1/-1
        Age 10 Daughter of King -2/+2
        Age 40 Priest, Uncle of King 0/0

The Godly
        Age 25 King -1/+1
        Age 15 Queen +2/-1
        Age 25 brother of king, Priest 0/0
        Age 35 brother of king, Bishop +1/-1

The Boys
        Age 15 King 0/+1
        Age 15 brother of King +2/0
        Age 15 brother of King, Priest -1/-1

The Simpsons
        Age 65 father of King (counts as skipped) -1/-1
        Age 30 King -2/+1
        Age 30 Queen 0/0
        Age 10 Son of King +1/0
        Age 5 Daughter of King +2/0
        Age 5 Daughter of King 0/0

Leave it to Beaver
        Age 35 King +1/+1
        Age 35 Queen +1/0
        Age 15 Son -1/+1
        Age 10 Son -2/-1

The In-laws
        Age 20 King 0/+1
        Age 20 Queen +1/0
        Age 45 Father of Queen -1/0
        Age 45 Mother of Queen -1/0
        Age 25 Priest Brother of Queen 0/0

All in the Family
        Age 30 King +2/0
        Age 25 Queen 0/0
        Age 5 Son +1/-2

Clintons
        Age 50 King +2/+1
        Age 50 Queen +1/+1
        Age 15 Daughter of Queen +1/+1
        Age 40 Brother of King -2/+2
        Age 5 son of King 0/0 (bubba's secret love child, counts above Chelsea but below any future Clinton sons for succession)

The Family Guy
        Age 30 King -2/-1
        Age 30 Queen +1/0
        Age 20 Son of King -2/-1
        Age 15 Daughter of King 0/0
        Age 5 Son of King +2/-1
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I preffer 1600, especially the v2.51 map that we used for Saxony. It has some minor changes for game balance, I forget what, but they were cool.

Prefs:

Austria
          France
          Sweden
          England
          Denmark
          Ottomans
          Russia
          Spain

Heptarchy:

(Looks at his flag for a bit...)
          Wales
          Anglia
          Cornwall
          Scotland
          Northumbria
          Mercia
          Eire
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

L/G-C
            Leave it to Beaver
            Age 35 King +1/+1
            Age 35 Queen +1/0
            Age 15 Son -1/+1
            Age 10 Son -2/-1
            Age 15 Bishop (Eddie ) +1/-1
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

L/G-C
              All in the Family
              Age 55 Father of Queen -2/-1
              Age 50 Mother of Queen +2/0
              Age 30 King +2/0
              Age 25 Queen 0/0
              Age 5 Son +1/-2

Comment

I can't quite get the map up of Heptarchy, (might have to go to Dip pouch), but for 1600 I'll go with

1. Ottoman Empire
                2. England
                3. Spain
                4. France
                5. Hapsburg
                6. Denmark
                7. Sweden
                8. Russia
                9. Poland

from the one I was able to get from Dip pouch, I'll go with
                1. Cornubia
                2. Scotland
                3. Ireland
                4. Anglia
                5. Wales
                6. Northumbria
                7. Mercia

I'll also have to go over dip royale rules before I choose a family.
                ku eshte shpata eshte feja
                Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

I'll go with
                  1.The Family Guy
                  2.The Godlies
                  3.The Boys
                  4. The Simpsons
                  5. Leave it to Beaver
                  6. the In-laws
                  7. All in the Family
                  8. The Clintons
                  9. The Ugly ducklings

I can be reached at
                  tshjones@yahoo.com
                  ku eshte shpata eshte feja
                  Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

The Godly
                    Clintons
                    Family Guy
                    All in the Family
                    The In laws
                    The Boys
                    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

I changed the family stats around a bit to try to balance things out, EVERY family has been changed at least a bit, but the biggest change is the Clintons are strengthened by having all their ages lowered by five years and their stats increased.

Give me some feed back if you think any family is still under/over powered. Should I add socks to the Clintons?
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

only if it has the most leadership/guile of the whole family

Comment

added bubba's secret love child instead
                          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

HOLY CRAP, this game has a few more rules than the Standard game!

I think I may have to stick just basic variants of Dip.
                            What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

Well, with what I anticipate doing, I don't think I'd be a very good player. That said, a player is better than no player... if you need me, I'll be here, but if you get 8 or 10 people, then I'll sit out and the others can play the requisite map.

I will say that the families are all a bit... big. I know that with the "small" families we started out with in Saxony (generally king, queen, 2 children of age, & some form of priest was a baseline), we still had massive families by the end. Which wasn't even supposed to be the end of the game. And that was what was driving me crazy about the game, all those people to marry off (Saxony hint: marrying is almost always good. As early as possible, preferably 15.). It also makes the initial choices a bit less interesting- if I only have 2 children, that's only 2 alliances I can secure at first- at most. It also means no mistreatment of wives if you want your alliance to stand (later in the game, the Swedes & Ottomans had a nice daughter exchange program so we were bound up with about 5 marriages with the same terms. How many kids do I want from these expendable marriages? Lots. And it's useful for breaking alliances too, say you want 4 kids from the wife- you'll get lots of nobles, a good thing, and stand a good chance of getting rid of the alliance). That said, I ain't the GM, and might not even be a player, so you do what you feel is best Boshko. Just beware the population explosion (and the plauge is unfortunately a pretty arbitrary way to keep things in check).

As for names, if we do Heptarchy, we can always follow in the Saxony tradition of naming it after a random neutral province that sounds cool. Cumbria, Norwich, & Dyfed all sound neat, to me at least.

My prefs, should they become relevant:
                              Heptarchy: Wales, Cornubria, Anglia, Ireland, Mercia. Not Scotland (played before).
                              1600: Denmark, Russia, England, Poland, Spain, France. Not Sweden, Ottomans, or Austria (all played before)
                              All syllogisms have three parts.
                              Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Working...
                              X