Game of 1600 Dip Royale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of 1600 Dip Royale?

Victor and I have been discussing this, and it looks as if CyberGnu might be interested. We'd just need a GM, which would seem to be the difficult part of this all

Anyone interested?
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Well we had a game all set and ready to go once (player's roster filled), but the same issue: no GM. Lord Stone was the only Apolyton member to my knowledge with experience GMing a Royale variant. Once glance at the rules confirms that while sure to be loads of fun, this one is going to require an substantial effort to play - let alone GM. Of our current crew, Victor, SnowFire and Boshko played in the game (SAXONY) and would be the best choices of a GM, assuming that we cannot track Lord Stone down with the ADC mafic thugs and coerce him into GMing another game. But I'm sure that those guys would want to play in the game.

Anyway, I'm stillinterested in playing, but cannot GM the game.
    What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Yeah, I'd really like to play, but I don't think I could possibly GM it. I have more than enough classes (starting monday) and a TA job that's supposed to take 15-20 hours a week. Still if there was a game going, I could make some time to play it.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

I'm interested in playing, although I would need to find out what the rule variations are.
        What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

Knowing my plans for next year, I'm not sure if I still have time to play a good old standard game of Diplomacy properly. The main reason I did well in the first game of Saxony was the aggressive marrying off early on to secure important alliances, which, of course, requires diplomacy, and therefore time.

Seemed like there wasn't a great groundswell of interest in that variant I posted awhlie back, but if there are any good appropriate historical style variant rules that more are interested in, I'd vote for the Heptarchy map to use 'em on. I love the 1600 map to death, but will we get the 7 players required for Heptarchy, let alone the 9 required for 1600?
          All syllogisms have three parts.
          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

I'm interested in playing, and if we get a GM, I'll pick up GMing the next dip game we get.
            ku eshte shpata eshte feja
            Where the Sword is, There lies religion

Comment

Heptarchy also sounds fun. It'd be nice to try something new. If we do play on the 1600 map, I suggest v2.51.
              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

I'll make a return and GM this one
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Brilliant!
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

Whoaaa!!! Excellent news then. Welcome back, son.
                    What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Looks like we have a GM and 6 players, possibly 7 with Snowfire.
                      -Joan Robinson

Comment

so are their any special rules I should know about?
                        What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

tons
                          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

links to rules and whatnot are on the sign-up thread
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                            X