No announcement yet.

New Ideas - all read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance we could keep this chat to the Frontier dip thread, guys. Strange idea I know, but....
    "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

Well, maybe if it didn't take three fu(king weeks to do a single turn it wouldn't be so damn confusing. I really fail to see how the questions with the previous adjudication can be unresolved AFTER the deadline.

In keeping this post on the topic. I'm not planning to play or GM any more Dip Games at Apolyton. The club is a complete joke, and no one is committed to the games. I will honor my current commitments to the games that I am in, but 'm fed up. This place sucks.
      What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Orange1,
        Make that 9 decent players at the club now, at least if we can keep these players playing, maybe in time we can grow more substantial players.

Ruffhaus,
        Your comment about "no one" is a little cheap. I think Orange1 and Snowfire have done an excellent job with GM'ing and there are a lot of players that get their moves in on time, if you are disgruntled, fine, leaving is you choice but don't degrade the decent players who put in tons of time to try and make games work.
        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Pi$$ off Defiant! No one has put more effort into trying to make this place work than I have. I'm fed up because we can't do anything right around here. Three weeks for a turn? Two week for a simple answer to a simple question? There's no 9-10 committed players here. Berserker? He hasn't posted for months. We despereately needed replacement positions. Where are these 9-10 so-called committed players. The only game that drew any interest was the gunboat game, where folks can just mail in orders without dipping.

I'm not calling out Snowfire or Orange 1 at all, although I will say that you bailing on games that you were doing poorly in was a major stake in the heart when we needed help to keep the club going. I'm going to go find a place to play where people see a committment through. And I'm not the only one...
          What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Then go find your site and whine over there, your whining is as negative to this site as if it where a NMR or failed GM. If you have exhausted all your ability to try and keep this running or return it to normality, you will do more good to this site by leaving.
            Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

BTW, you are such an ass, I bailed on one game not games, a$$hole, when you can count, then write.

Comment

Hey Defiant, maybe they don't teach 'em how to count up there. But my records have you quitting on at least tow games. First as a player you quit as the Muslim Arabs in Midieval Diplamacy (after being a braggart and getting your ass kicked; and then as a GM for CGN Dip 1, which you sponsored as a joint game at Apolyton with the CGN site. That's two games that you QUIT. You know Defiant, you the guy that you keep reminding us is second in the standings and presumeably someone to look up to? Yeah right!

This club is going to $hit. And you helped it along, and now you're going to tell me that it's my fault? I never NMRd one single time. I never QUIT a game. I played out several mercy positions, and took over games a GM to keep them from dying. I encouraged you all to field tournament teams and offered advice on things to look for in doing so. I tutored you and others in the efforts of mapmaking and web hosting of the resultant GIF files. How dare you accuse me of contributing to it's downfall?

You want to cover up chicken $hit and call it chicken salad? Go right ahead. I'm whining? Yeah, so what. I care! I love this game, and want to keep playing it. That can't happen here because people (including you) aren't committed to making it work. Just look at you proposed solution to Dip 50. Fat chance, pal! You aren't getting a draw in that one! You can get the latest results of your occasional victory posted in minutes to the stat sheet, but you can't honor your obligations to the games? And you wonder why the club is failing?

Comment

Listen Captain Whiner,
                  They must not teach you to hear in the "down there" section of our states. For the fifth time now, Orange said for CGN1, he had a guy to GM, so I turned it over, is that getting through that 3" skull plating.
                  And your perpetual pissing and moaning doesn't help, the site is not good now, no **** sherlock, but ranting around like a nuttcase doesn't help, do you have a solution? If not, let Orange1 try and and maybe starting from the basics with a few capable players is the only way to jump start this site. It can't hurt so if you want to help, great, you can be an extreme asset to this site, if not please don't hinder it by pissing and moaning about it. We have two guys from the graves showing some interest, Thuc............. and Cyber, just maybe Orange1 has the right idea, hell any idea right now is better than none.

Comment

BTW, Dip 50, bring it you little turd!

Comment

Interesting to see how weak your argument is when you need to resort to name calling isn't it?

You were replaced as GM for CGN Dip because your performance there was so pathetic that the game was in danger of not being completed. Colony Pod (Italy) resigned from the game to take over as GM because it was taking you weeks to adjudicate a simple turn on a standard map. Again another wonderful example to betting. Small wonder that other games have taken a similar path. Say it six times then and maybe it'll sound better. The bottom line is you bailed on us, and not just once.

Call it pissing and moaning all you want. Three and four week delays KILL games. That's a plain and simple fact. I spoke up because I care. If you want to encourage the crap, go right ahead, but this is what is killing the club.

If Cyber Gnu wants to come back and play, great. He always turned in his moves. Thucydidies never completed a game and has NMR'd aplenty. Maybe his life is more stable, and maybe he's orth giving a chance again. But he's no pillar of reliability based on past performance, and you know it. And regardless, it's going to take more than a gunboat game to get things going again.

I have a solution. I have advocated it. Move the games along! Ironically this draws crap from you every time (maybe because this time you cannot benefit from the NMRs). I don't want NMRs either. But they beat the hell out of three-four weeks of wondering will the game ever get underway again, not to mention this disruption in player-player relationships from apathy, paranoia, and plain confusion.

As for Dip 50, it's already been brought, 'Emperor!' That's nine builds to the Confederacy. Geee, where will they all go? Where will next year's nine go? Nice try but to paraphase the Soup Nazi, ' No draw for you!'

Comment

What's gunboat diplomacy?
                        What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

That's right,
                          I was busy and the moves were coming out later than they should and Orange said he had a guy ready it went with him, and I don't really give a rats ass what you think and as for NMR's you have a short memory as well as an inventive mind, you have done very well due to NMR's, France and Holland(50), Napoleon's circumstance-after you stabbed him he quit, happen again in the world game I GM's whiched you soloed and there are a few other, the modern game where you were Poland, all of Europe seemed to NMR, in African you given Gerwald's SC's for Christ sakes.
                          But I forgot, when you win, its due to implicit negotiations, spetacular strategics, you never get any benefits from NMR's only the rest of us, that's the only way we can win, right?
                          Again if you have any positive ways in whcih to help, I am sure we are all ears, but if you just want to b!tch, do it somewhere else.

And as for the name calling, when you treat people with respect when responding to these threads, then I will do the same, Democrat.

Comment

November Adam,
                            Gunboat is a very fast paced, no dipping game, purely strategy.

Comment

how long are turns?

No dipping? Isn't that what dips about?

Boy that would make the opening game a b*tch wouldn't it?
                              What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

I am with Ruffhaus on this one, I don't really care for Gunboat because dipping is not only more than half of the game IMO, but the more interesting, that is really where the battles are won. But if some guys want to play why not let them, at least interest is being shown.

Comment

Working...
                                X