CGN Standard Dip 1 - Defiant??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGN Standard Dip 1 - Defiant??

I've tried contacting you on ICQ many times, but you never respond.

Do you have everyones moves? I think we're way off schedule
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

I don't have Mark's again. I will try to get them up tomorrow with or without Marks.
    Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

I doubt that this really needs to be said, but....

NMR
      NMR
      NMR
      What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

mark consistantly gets his moves in on time, but for some reason Defiant always ends up not recieving them. He has told me this on the last three occasions that he was nearly NMRd, that he sent his moves but for some reason they were not recieved.

It's no ones fault, but I've gotta say I've had some major issues trying to communicate with Defiant through E-mail AND ICQ.
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

Well, let's qualify this by saying that Mark "tells" you that he consistently gets his orders in on time. That is unless you are getting cc'd on his orders or something even more devious.

A general good practice in PBEM Diplomacy is for the players and GMs to use the confirmation of orders practice. In this method, the player sends orders to the GM in the preferred (generally e-mail) and possibly secondary methods (ICQ, IM, private message, telephone call, smoke signals, etc.,). The GM then responds to the player that these orders are received. It's a little extra work, but not much, and it takes a lot of this extra hassle and delay out of a game.

I don't know the specifics of Mark's case, but somehow EVERYONE else is able to get their orders in to Defiant each turn, asking for a confirmation. I would recommend using e-mail or private message and asking for a confirmation. ICQ is fine as a chat device, but it's not so money for sending offline messages, which can dissapear into the void at a moments notice. If you cannot get a confirmation as a player and cannot contact the GM to ask him about it, mention this in the thread BEFORE the orders come out.

Being a GM is hard enough, having to chase players around for orders every turn is incredibly taxing, and this effect gets filtered down to the rest of the players in the game...
          What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Ruffhaus - What I'm saying is, I have also had problems in the same way, where I've sent moves by E-mail AND ICQ and neither was recieved, so I send again....same story...

And no, I'm not getting a carbon copy of Mark's moves

Comment

oh and by the way...

if you want your avatar with a transparent background rather than white...
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                Ruffhaus - What I'm saying is, I have also had problems in the same way, where I've sent moves by E-mail AND ICQ and neither was recieved, so I send again....same story...
                Yes, but the difference here is that your moves get through eventually, just as everyone else's do except for Mark's. At some point the player has to accept responsibility for assuring that he's getting his orders in.

And no, I'm not getting a carbon copy of Mark's moves
                Yeah, okaaaaaay. (haven't you soloed yet?)

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion of the avatar. I tried uploading it after using your image, but it still comes up with a white backround.

Comment

Make sure you save it as a .gif and upload it as a .gif as well (.bmp don't allow transparency)

Soloed!? Yeah, right!

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                      Make sure you save it as a .gif and upload it as a .gif as well (.bmp don't allow transparency)
                      Yeah that must be it. For some reson it wasn't allowing me that option. So I had to convert it to a GIF, and it lost the transparency. I'll look at it again

Soloed!? Yeah, right!
                      If you don't, I'm gonna drive up I-95 and b!tchslap you!

Comment

If I might make a point here, Ruffhaus is right when he says the GM should send a confirmation note and I am going to start doing that, I have been irresponsible in that regard.
                        Orange, the only time I have had problems with you was when you were in transfer with you system and my family decided to delete certain important emails, which I should have looked for in the delete file before mentioning I didn't receive certain emails.
                        Mark has been late, just like last night after you hunted him down I did get his email, but THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME he sent these set of moves.

I have been lenient in this game for two reasons, it is actually a CGN game with players I am not so familiar with and I have been irresponsible in this game to some part.

But boys and girls the new carpeting is in the 7-8 of March and all my work downstairs will be done, I am also getting a new email address just for diplomacy moves, way too much junk on my defiant email address.

I will tell you now, within the next two weeks when I will be able to pay full attention to Apolyton if Mark or anyone else for that matter is late after the 24 hr grace period, there will be no chasing only NMR's. And you all know Ruffhaus8, all he needs in his position is one break and he will shove it up your arse with a smile and be a major contender in this game again.

And I apologize to the serious players in this game like Ruffhaus and Orange who have dedicated the upmost discipline and loyalty to this game and I haven't.
                        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant
                          If I might make a point here, Ruffhaus is right when he says the GM should send a confirmation note and I am going to start doing that, I have been irresponsible in that regard.
                          Orange, the only time I have had problems with you was when you were in transfer with you system and my family decided to delete certain important emails, which I should have looked for in the delete file before mentioning I didn't receive certain emails.
                          Mark has been late, just like last night after you hunted him down I did get his email, but THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME he sent these set of moves.

I have been lenient in this game for two reasons, it is actually a CGN game with players I am not so familiar with and I have been irresponsible in this game to some part.

But boys and girls the new carpeting is in the 7-8 of March and all my work downstairs will be done, I am also getting a new email address just for diplomacy moves, way too much junk on my defiant email address.

I will tell you now, within the next two weeks when I will be able to pay full attention to Apolyton if Mark or anyone else for that matter is late after the 24 hr grace period, there will be no chasing only NMR's. And you all know Ruffhaus8, all he needs in his position is one break and he will shove it up your arse with a smile and be a major contender in this game again.

And I apologize to the serious players in this game like Ruffhaus and Orange who have dedicated the upmost discipline and loyalty to this game and I haven't.
                          Defiant - don't get me wrong! I completely understand your situation and am not yelling at you or angry with you for any reason. In fact, I'm thankful that you were able to GM for us.

I was just stating that there's been some difficulty in contacts between you and mark, you and me, etc. As far as moves, only twice have I sent them but had you not recieve them. However, I often attempt to contact you on ICQ when you are 'available' yet you don't respond. That's all I was saying, no fault being placed.

Yes, you're right, Mark's first set of moves was just sent in after I questioned him about it. But he has said that in the past, he has sent moves to you and you hadn't recieved them.

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFHAUS 8
                            If you don't, I'm gonna drive up I-95 and b!tchslap you!
                            hah! why don't you quit building conspiracies against me then

Comment

If it helps... I always use ACS PM's to communicate with and send moves to Defiant, and so far I haven't had any of these problems...
                              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Working...
                              X