TITANS ENDS-- 3 Way Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TITANS ENDS-- 3 Way Draw

SUMMER 265 B.C. TITANS OFFICIALLY ENDS !

We have a unanimous vote for a 3-way draw between Macedon, Carthage, and Syria, so each of these players will recieve .33 pts for this game. Here is the final SC count as of the summer adjustments. I gave credit for sc's occuppied even though we didn't make it til the fall turn technically.

MACEDON ( Ruffhaus ) 13 sc's
    CARTHAGE ( Defiant ) 12 sc's
    SYRIA ( Orange_1 ) 8 sc's
    EGYPT ( Snowfire ) 2 sc's
    ROME ( El Awrence ) 0 sc's

Thanks to all who played for an excellant game ! I had a few minor delays in this game but all in all I think it went fairly well for my first time GM'ing . I look forward to hosting another game in the future and would recommend to those in the club who haven't hosted a game to give it a try,m we can always use GM's ! Thanks again guys for a game well played

If you chose to post an EOG here I would like to see some of your comments. Also if you have some tips for your GM about ways I can improve my performance I'd like to hear those to

Bloody 'ell...

Comment

SYRIA EOG:

Thanks to Chazzy for GMing, job well done and keep up the good work. Thanks also to Ruff, Defiant, Snowfire and Hoggy - it was an interesting map that I wish I'd been able to play from the start.

When I took over Syria from Polaris, I looked well-placed - to my west, Macedonia was under heavy fire from Rome and I had fleets nearby to assist; to my south, Egypt seemed a solid ally more worried about Carthage than me. After one turn though, everything changed. Egypt stabbed strongly and my gains against Macedonia were very limited. Time for some heavy diplomacy - my first port of call was Macedonia, who was rightly concerned about a Carthage-Egypt axis if I was destroyed. Next was Carthage, who was keen to add some SCs from Egypt.

My strategy then was relatively successful after that, but I just took too long to make progress against Egypt. The real battle was brewing further west between Carthage and Macedonia and I knew I had to get involved on one side if I was to survive - the decision was largely made for me when Defiant turned aggressive in the Cretan Sea and around Naxos. Macedonia stabbed the next turn too, however, and I'm looking forward to reading the reason for that. I suspect I was not in close enough contact with either of you to convince you whose side I was on (partly because I was obsessed with putting Egyptians to the sword) and Ruff was perhaps taking insurance, not sure...

Anyway, an enjoyable game with, I think, a fairly appropriate result. We must fight this map again soon, though - I like it.
      "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

Carthage's EOG:
        I first want to thank Chazzy for GM'ing this game, I like this map. Chazzy's knowledge of the time was also impressive also makes the game more interesting when GM's can add a little to the interest.

My plan from the beginning was simple, I wanted to ally with Snowfire and with that alliance I wanted Cydonia and Cyrene to be the extent of my borders. The one thing with Snowfire and I, is we don't trust each other very well and he wasn't liking that idea of alliance, in his place maybe I wouldn't either. So head to head it started with Snowfire and I eventually gained those two SC's only after much blood was spilled on both fronts.
        Roma was fully engaged with Macedonia who had battle on two fronts and was beginning to crumble.

Once I acquired Cyrene and Cydonia I had a decision to make now which front do I want to engage in. I could continue an assault on Snowfire but I really need alot of units for truly few gains and Egypt is defensive capable especially with a good player like Snowfire controlling it. As luck would have it, Rome decided to try and take a neutral SC that was to be under my control via our treaty pact. Well that told me that Macedonia had gotton to the agressively succeeding El Awrence and he decided to turn his units on Carthage. That made my decision easy, I got a hold of Snowfire and said lets drop our arms here and I will go after Roma since he has hostile intent against me anyway and you go after Polaris, who was in command at the time and right during these discussions The Orange1 took over. So I bent Rome's ear and even offered my first daughter if he would continue his assault on Macedonia and live up to his obligations and leave my SC's alone. After much stubborness, he agreed and sent his forces back to attack against Macedonia and with continued success I might add. While he was doing this I was re-positioning my units from Snowfire to prepare for the stab of Roma. Roma saw this and said what are you doing and I said I couldn't completely trust you so they are here for support, A leader that I know once said, "Armies of support become armies of occupation", this was the case here. Once Hoggy was far enough away I took as many SC's as possible. This plan was fine but here comes my mistake which I wish I could take back. That darn Orange1 talks be into stabbing Snowfire and I know that getting into a two front war in a 5 man game is stupid but I fell for Orange1's perpetual pleas. Well once I did it, I still wanted to take it back but couldn't. So now I have the few remaining units of Hoggy's crushed existance trolling around my waters being a hinderance while Snowfire was bringing everything he had at me and letting Orange1 eat up all the SC's behind him.

Now when I was once in a controlling atmosphere I am now fighting for my life and Syria never went after Macedonia like he was supposed to even after my requests to him, that went unanswered by the way. So now I knew Syria was going to continue to push through Egypt on to me so I get back on the horn and start pleading with Macedonia saying, hey if I wouldn't have attacked Roma you might be history and asked if he could help finish off Roma and then turn against Syria since he wasn't holding up to his initial bargain. Naturally Ruffhaus was very cautious about his speed at which he did this, he helped finish off Roma but then put himself into excellent position against some of my SC's and could have taken enough to cripple me but probably not enough to solo, cause he thought I might still have some kind of alliance with Syria and he feared that a little, so I used it. After pleading like I never pleaded before he put an aggressive posture againt Syria and then the three way draw came up and I jumped on it.

In hindsight, I would have left Snowfire alone and helped Hoggy finish off Macedonia and in the process but myself in a advantegeous state against Hoggy for the stab and just set up a defensive state against Snowfire and try to win without attacking Egypt. Woulda shoulda didn't.

Excellent game played by all, espcecially The Orange1 to get out of the predictament by persuading me, I am usually not that gullable, nicely done.
        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

"You have some luck... always end up between Ruff and myself like a ping pong ball."
          -Defiant

That sums it up. At first, I was indecisive. I didn't know which way to head out, so I secured peace with Carthage and Macedonia. At first, I planned to head out and innocently nick the free scs that were lying around in order not to wake up suspicion, I hammered out a treaty with Defiant and Ruffhaus, with defined spheres. Since Defiant seemed a long way away, I decided to take Ruff on first... I demanded Corinth and Delphi as Roman lebensraum and he agreed to it. The seized it. My growth had gone well and before Ruff was able to finish Syria off in the north I had my armies pulled up right under his bottom.

At that moment, Ruff's back had indeed been broken and an uneasy Defiant offered his daughter to Caesar in exchange for piece (I still plan to collect someday ) and Alexander of Macedon had fallen to his knees, begging mercy of Rome, which was accepted, as I prepared to move on Carthage.

However, everything was screwed up in one crucial turn after which there was no turning back. I went ahead with a risky move against Greece and the major weakness was not defending Corinth from a possible stab from Ruff, who I heard was entertaining peace with Syria at the time, which I later found out had been secured. And I had chosen a bad time to move on Carthage. Doom was spelled all over my forehead and from there it was a downhill slope right up until the end.

Corinth was my aquilles heel, had I defended Corinth I may have had a chance against Ruff and Def, but losing Corinth left me not only at war with the two bigger nation, my armies lay disorganised and limp.

This was one hell of a map to play on, I hope we meet on this field of honour someday gentlemen. Thanks Chaz for the smooth GMing and pace of the game, and thanks gentlemen for another diplomacy expirience.

Comment

Well, this is was another interesting game, and another atypical one for me. Within the space of one game year, I thought I was staring at both sure elimination and then miraculously, at a likely solo. This one was a roller coaster for Macedonia.

To start the game I had Rome commanded by El Awrence to the west and Polaris to the east. It wasn't looking good as 'Larry' was coming right out of the gate demanding way too much. Ordinarily I don't get spooked by this, but I knew Polaris would be crossgaming and grudge-carrying from the get go. I grudgingly accepted Larry's lousy terms for the time being and tried to stay low key. I hoped that Cartharge would take Rome's attention west, and that I could settle in the Aegean theater nicely. I thought that maybe I could get SnowFire's Egypt to take on Syria, but he wasn't interested. So I still tried to work with Polaris, but it became obvious that he was lying.

I allowed Polaris to continue lying to me, and lured him into a SC that he could not hold. I destroyed the unit the following turn and advanced on Syria in force. Polaris quit the game at this point, and Orange_1 one arrived. This rather sucked because I had left my unit positioning so as to fight a nitwit, not a competent player. Larry was playing 'Bully Caeser' again, and I was in big trouble. Big trouble. I couldn't fight two tactically sound players at once, with the chance that Egyptian fleets would jump in for the fun of it. I had to think of something fast. I asked Orange_1 for peace, but he was having none of it. I tried repeatedly to warn him that Egypt would stab, which I truly hoped for, but didn't believe myself. Still Orange_1 was telling me to lump it.

At this point I ran to Larry and begged for him to take me under his wing as a junior ally, and that I would fight for him the rest of the way, allowing him to solo. I was completely sincere, but Larry was more interested in snatching centers from me than in winning the game. He continued to plunder me, while Carthage (at my urging) moved on Rome. At the same time Egypt hit Syria. Oh how the friggin tables had turned!

Orange_1 was begging me for peace. Larry was begging me for anything. He in fact offered me the very same thing I had oiffered him just a turn before. I accepted both offers, and sent armies and fleets west to stop Carthage from getting too much of Rome. And I used the Syrian retreat to reposition myself in the east so as to better portect myself.

I jumped into the lead, with no real enemies. I exloited Carthage's lack of armies to seize most of Rome's empire, and assure that I could grab the rest by force. I moved armies in the north around to Iberia, where they could invade Africa if need be.

Unfortunately I was too much of a ***** to go for it all. I knew that if I did I would have had to take on Defiant, Orange_1, and likely SnowFire. I simply didn't have the ability to do it against all three. I was too strung out in taking on Carthage. I should have stabbed Syria perhaps, but again, I was never sure that I'd make it. Upon relection of my near extermination in this game, I decided that a board-topping draw with nations currying my favor and praising my benevolence was the best path.

Basically I can sum this one up like this. I wasn't prepared to stab Carthage OR Sryia without a positively sure solo on the cards. Neither was really what I would classify as an ally at any point, and I wouldn't have felt that awful guilt that goes with such betrayal. This was purely a tactical decision, because to fail would have mean elimination. And in a nightmare scenario, the game might still have ended in a three way draw - only one with Carthage, Sria, and Egypt.

Thanks to Chazzy for a well done game. Looking forward to the next. Now if we could onlyu get you to make maps as well! Then we wouldn't have to defer to that lazy sack 'o $h!t Defiant.
            What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Nice one BUTTPLUG!
              Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Working...
              X