Frontier Imperial Dip extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontier Imperial Dip extension

I am going to extend the moves till Sunday at 5:30 PM PST. This is to give Chazzy who wanted Holland and Boshko who has taken Russia time to talk to other players. I am not going to extend the moves again.

I am not going to extend the moves again.
    Just this turn or for future turns as well?
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Du_Chateau! This solution SUCKS out loud. The Russian position has been abandoned, and the deadline has passed. Adjudicate the turn, and find a replacement. If Russia submits moves for this turn I'm resigning from the game.

I think it's great that Boshko will take ove Russia, but how in any realm of possiblity is it fair to insert a new player with 24 hours to a yet AGAIN extended deadline? It just so happens that I will not be able to get on line until after this period, which means I cannot even speak with Boshko if he was online. For yet another turn I have been given NO chance to negotiate with Russia, the massive power perched on my northern border.

What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

I agree with Ruff here.

Comment

Yeah, if you put a new player in, at least allow for real negotiation. Look I have all of 20 minutes before I'm gone for the weekend, and I still have past e-mail to read
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me, Du. Have Boshko wait until next turn, all his untis hold/support for now. It really isn't fair.
            You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

Either all hold this turn, or at least give enough time for _everyone_ to communicate with him.

This is hurting Ruff's position more than simply allowing the units to hold for a turn.
              "I kick a$$ for the Lord!"
              -- Father McGruder, Peter Jackson's _Dead Alive_

Comment

I will extend the moves till Wednesday at 5:30 PM PST out of fairness. I say this because of my forgetfulness to tell Bearcat that his moves were overdue on Thursday the 1st, while I did warn Ruffhaus8, Defiant, and Chazzy. If Ruffhaus8 and Defiant want me to NMR Prussia too, I would say to them that then I should NMR China, Austria, and Holland because they did not get their moves in by the 1st either. I rather extend the same fairness as a courtesy, due to my error, to Bearcat because I did not warn him because I do not want to NMR China, Austria, and Holland too. I also told Bearcat that the moves were due Sunday and it would be unfair for him to tell him to get his moves in ASAP. It would also be unfair for Boshko if he did turn in his moves on Sunday to just find out all his units will hold. So you see my dilenma. I am sorry that I did forget to warn Bearcat. I also take your complaints and listen to them. I will set the extension to Wednesday at 5:30 PM PST so all of you can get the chance to talk to Boshko as the new Russia player. I am sorry for any inconvience.

Comment

China *did* submit moves on the first of November. I can produce the datestamp of the sent e-mail if necessary. HOWEVER, the questions of the status of the Russian player went unanswered by the GM, so it's small wonder that Austria, Prussia, and China may have been waiting to see what the hell is going on, since all three nations are adjacent to Russia. And now as we feared the position is being replaced and allowed to submit orders.

I reitterate that if Russia is allowed to submit orders this turn, I'm out of the game. The position was abandoned numerous times, and moves continue to be submitted without an opportunity to negotiate with the player.

I'm sorry to be a pain in the butt, but I don't want to play in games that are run this way.
                  What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Just go with the moves you have without Russia, Du. It'll be a LOT easier on everyone. All units hold for Russia until next year when boshko takes over. Simple as that...eh?

Comment

It seems to me that if another established player drops out of this game (as Ruff has threatened to), it'll probably kill this run of Imperial. I guess you should should just do moves w\o the Russian this time around.

But it's up to you.
                      "I kick a$$ for the Lord!"
                      -- Father McGruder, Peter Jackson's _Dead Alive_

Comment

Well I don't want to quit the game. I've never quit one before, and I've played in several under worse circumstances. I remain very frustrated by the situation with Russia, and the lack of consistency in dealing with NMRs.

Comment

Holy Crap, this is what I get for being out of touch lately. I did not have my moves in on time cause of the Russian player situation. Once Du contacted me and said my moves were over due I told him I needed to know if we have a Russian player cause that obviously changes my moves sequence.

Makes no difference to me if Russia hands in moves or not before the adjudication. I don't like the delay either but I am in no position to argue, I have been very lax in my responsibilities in GM'ing and mapmaking so whatever is easier for the majority include me in that vote.
                          Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

ok Sunday has come and gone. What's the deal with this game?

Comment

Orange,
                              If you read a little further down the post you will see Du re-extended the moves until tonight.
                              Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Working...
                              X