Another Newbie game anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie game anyone?

Prompted by SITS' plaintive cry to join the club (or the Poly HeadHunters as i like to call it), I would be willing to GM a newbie game on the standard map if we can get enough volunteers to make up a game. I think we should do all we can to get new players into the club and playing. So, if you know anyone who might be interested, get them to sign up....

Please sign up below with your contact details...

Cheers
    The Orange One
    "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

I'm a newbie. I'll play.

Comment

Well, you still PLAY like a newbie, so I should include you.

But I'll have to turn your offer down

Comment

do I count as a newbie?
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

*flourishes a small item, suited to extract the juice of various citric fruit types*

Well, if you can't cover all your players consider me to fill in. I can teach.

Comment

Perhaps you could use a player like myself to teach propper stabbing technique I'd be willing to take Austria.
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

What have I let myself in for?
              'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

*bump*
                'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Ok, well the flow of newbies seems to be fairly limited (Is there none at the Frontier that you can entice, Hoggie?), but lets play the game anyway and open it to anyone who's interested. I have the following down if you're still interested (please confirm):

SITS
                  El Awrence
                  Victor Galis
                  Orange

Please send me prefs or post them here (SITS, send a list of the countries you want to play in order of preference).

Map:

My contact details:
                  email: the_orange1@hotmail.com

Comment

Hi guys, I'm in a few SMACX games with SITS. I have played PBM, not PBEM, Dip before (but with quite a long turn around time). What turn around time we talking about here?

Cheers

ColDark
                    Everyone knows that a million to one chance comes up 9 times out of 10.

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Around 1 week, depending on the season. You in?

Comment

Yes count me in. I've sent my prefs to Orange by email

Terry Pratchett

Comment

As an aside. Does anyone know of any PBEM Machiavelli games?

Terry Pratchett

Comment

game now closed

Comment

Originally posted by ColDark
                              As an aside. Does anyone know of any PBEM Machiavelli games?
                              No, but I'd really like to play one sometime.

Comment

Working...
                              X