Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends! Please all read this!

Friends,

I am sure you all have seen the terrible pictures from New York and Washington. I know many of you are from the US, some even live in thses cities or have friends or family there. I just want to let you know that my feelings, my prayers and thoughts are with you. Infact, I am sure almost the whole world feels with you at this moment.

To all of Apolyton I herwith suggest halting all games for at least 48 hours to get people in the US time to care about more important things, like calling friends and relatives. Let me know what you think.

Sahib,
    Thank you! I agree with your suggestion to delay for 48hrs and thanks again for your concern.
    Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Here here.

I can't think of an imaginary game while the world is literraly burning.

Comment

Agreed, and a good idea Sahib. My thoughts too are with you all in the US.
        "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has asked. In spite of a rather close call yesterday during my morning commute (I was less than 1/2 mile from the Pentagon when the plane hit it) I am okay. That will teach me to be late to work! Anyway I was able to get off the highway (mercifully) before gridlock set in and get to my family quickly.

As for the games I think Sahib's suggestion is a good one. Basically let's relax on deadlines a little and let people find there way back to normalcy at their own pace. I'm fine and ready to go, but it may take others a little longer. I think the key here is to at least keep in touch with your GMs/players to keep them abreast of what your schedule is.
          What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Wholeheartedly agree. I have asked SnowFire for a carte blanche extension to my tournament game until I can straighten things out again. (And just when I thought everything had been taken care of, this happens.)
            CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
            Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
            Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
            Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Wow Ruff, glad you're okay

Comment

I am still trying to reach some of my clients in NY to see if they are safe and well. Lets all remember to wear RED, WHITE and BLUE tomorrow. Remember the candle vigil at 7:00 PM.

Comment

Whoa!

Ruffi, you work at the pentagon???

No wonder you're so damn good at this diplo thing!

I'm very glad to hear you're ok!

Comment

Working...
                  X