• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Dip II Sign-up Sheet

EDIT: post the names of your alien nations people

rules:

EOGs:

Well Alien Dip I was a fun game so I thought I'd give the variant another shot . Sign-up space is unlimited, I'll choose a map that corresponds to the number of people we have signing up.

A few notes:
    -Read the rules and make sure you understand the tactical implications of them (especially of beaming units around). Also talking to me (or Victor G. and SnowFire who used the special variant rules to their advantage the best in Alien Dip I) about tactics would probably be a good idea.
    -Where you beam down is VITAL. In Alien Dip I North-West Europe was very overcrowded so the people who landed there tended to be massacred by the people from farther south or east (the only survivor was WarVoid in England). This means talking to everyone about where they're landing and trying to pick a mostly empty area that defensible and has good growth prospects, if you don't do this you put yourself at a huge disadvantage.
    -It seemed that in Alien Dip I the most successful landing strategy was to have your units land close-by but not adjacent so they could both spread out easily and help each other out (Victor G. and SnowFire did this). But landing all your units down next to each other in a good location can work to (WarVoid, Defiant, and Polaris/Iain Lindley did this). Having your units spread all over the map tends to get you killed very fast (Imran did this).

Direct any questions to me on ICQ: 37211450
    Stop Quoting Ben

I'm already in too many games, so will give this one a miss, but I just wanted to say:

I LOVE THAT SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

I'll try it again, it was fun but the landing needs to be carefully selected like Zin Master said, Snowie and Victor had great advantages cause of their landing placement.
      Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Count me in...

And can we please have something traditional for a map? Standard or Modern maps would be best I think....
        Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

The Laguzans shall return to battle for Earth again... unless NOBODY plays the Human Resistance (like last game) in which case I'll play that (you gotta have at least one faction of humans who stole some alien technology and threw together a spaceship or equivalent.).

Just as a random comment, if we get a ton of players, the Youngstown map could be interesting. I'm not a huge fan of it normally but with Alien... on the other hand, if we get fewer players, the Colonial map could be interesting, Alien I was fought over Europe, Alien II was fought over Asia. Same idea with the "Fall of the American Empire" map, then round II would be in North & Central America.
          All syllogisms have three parts.
          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

North & South America sounds like a good map to play
            Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Maybe we should throw in some San Andreas map-warping action while we're at it
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I'll give this another shot. The Aquaticans, of course.

( by the way, yeah right no new games and we have too many )
                Please Visit:
                http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

In the beginning...

In the beginning, on a planet far away, the great leader 39/Smooth created the first democratic system in their sector of the universe. His people were known as the Pasalacquans... their homeland, Pasalacqua.

Years later, a young Californian teenager by the name of Billie-Joe Armstrong learnt of the Pasalacquans, and recorded a song - widely regarded as one of the best ever written by one so young - in tribute to the forward-looking race from so far away... he named it "Going To Pasalacqua". Today, the Pasalacquans return the compliment. They are coming to Earth.

Behold the Pasalacquans!

Comment

would like a FEW more than 4 people
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

ROFL... I reckon you could drop five on a standard map and it'd make an interesting game...

Comment

The Interstellar Alliance will join the fray.

(B5 RULEZ!)

Comment

Hehe. The rerun they showed on the Sci Fi channel tonight ("War Without End Part I") was one of the classics- it had Zathras (always amusing), Sinclair after taking lessons from the Vorlons (not to mention returning, which was enjoyable), & Sheridan doing what he does best, which is look confused and go along with what everybody else is saying.

Of course I'd like to say that when I saw that episode the first time I called the "twist" at the end of the second episode after precisely the beginning two minutes.
                          All syllogisms have three parts.
                          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

They're coming out with a new B5 movie this fall I think, "Legend of the Rangers" is the name IIRC.

Yo Boshko! We gonna do this?

I suggest we play this version on a map of North and South America. That would be more interesting than another game in Europe.

Comment

Ah, I see the other alien nations are ready to fight again. The Glorious Imperial Technocratic Protectorate of the Hundred Worlds will be preparing its forces for the third battle, so as to have a better position compared to the other empires, which will be exhausted from the previous fight... (OOC: I'm going to Europe for the summer, why did you have to start this now?)
                              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                              X