Sengoku dip start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sengoku dip start

Thankyou all for joining and welcome to Sengoku dip.

Sengoku Variant Rules

The Sengoku Variant conforms to the standard rules of Hasbro/Avalon Hill's Diplomacy in most every way, with the few exceptions listed below.

Turns move from Spring to Fall just like standard Diplomacy, and the first turn is Spring 1570.

Units may be built on any vacant supply center that you have held for a fall. (i.e. all SCs controlled by players are considered their "home supply centers" for the purpose of building units.)

*****u and Sanuki are considered land contiguous, as are Echigo and Sado, Nagato and Chikuzen, Owari and Iga, though they all appear separated by water on the map. Both Armies and Fleets may cross from one of these territories directly to the other. Movement by fleets through the surrounding sea zones is unaffected. Dark arrows indicate these "bridges" on the map.

In addition to the 8 players of this variant, there are neutral territories, represented by White supply centers on the map. Each neutral territory is occupied by a neutral army that never does anything but hold. These armies may be supported by other players. They are disbanded immediately if dislodged, but rebuilt at the end of the year if the territory is not occupied. Treat neutral units like armies in Civil Disorder. Once occupied, the territory becomes a standard SC, and never reverts to a neutral again. Black SCs are not neutrals, they function as normal unoccupied SCs.

Victory is declared when one Daimyo has control of 25 SCs, or all other players concede defeat. There are no draws or shared victories allowed. If the players agree to a draw, the GM chooses a winner. There can only be one Shogun.

As you know, I go away today for a week, and I've been so busy it's not funny, but I've managed to get a map up. It has all the units on, but I haven't had time to colour the provinces yet. This shouldn't matter for this first turn, and I wanted you to get dipping as soon as possible.

Map is at:
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Spring 1570 moves are due Friday 1 June at 1159 GMT, after that I'll speed up the move deadlines a bit. Please no NMRs - if you NMR, all units will HOLD; NMR twice in a row or three times in total and you will be replaced.

Moves can be submitted to me before the deadline by either icq or email at the addresses below.

GAME CONTACTS: This list is incomplete - please post any missing or inaccurate info HERE

GM: The Orange One
    email: the_orange1@hotmail.com

Shimazu: Ruffhaus
    email: ruffhaus8@aol.com

Uesugi: Hogfather
    email: m_carreras@hotmail.com

Asakura: Snowfire
    email: peter.Ingraham@oberlin.edu

Oda: His Divine Shadow
    email: zeon_archduchy@hotmail.com

Hojo: Defiant
    email: defiant@charter.net

Mori: Dr. Tzuri
    email: tzuri4@walla.co.il

Takeda: Midian
    email: mctaggert@door.net

Chosokabe: MDR
    email: mikedr@gte.net

Edit: Updated contacts. Sorry Hoggie, I have no idea why I keep getting your email wrong - must be some kind of mental block...
    "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

My E-Mail is: tzuri4@walla.co.il
    and not: tzuri@hotmail.com
    "If you wanna shoot - shoot, don't talk"

Comment

The players who do not have ICQ - Please get it!!!

It is much more easier to contact each other.
      Please do it as fast as you can.
      "If you wanna shoot - shoot, don't talk"

Comment

read my location and look at my correct e-mail address.

Also, my ICQ is down, so please don't send anything there for now!

Comment

My e-mail is Peter.Ingraham@oberlin.edu . Beats me why they stopped including that information in profiles.
          All syllogisms have three parts.
          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Tzuri
            The players who do not have ICQ - Please get it!!!

It is much more easier to contact each other.
            Please do it as fast as you can.
            An impossibility, I'm afraid. The machine that I use does not belong to me, thus I am forbidden ICQ. You'll have to make do with standard e-mail or private messages here on the forum to contact the Divine Oda.
            His Divine Shadow
            zeon_archduchy@hotmail.com

"Do you know what 'nemesis' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified, in this case, by a horrible c**t: me." - Bricktop, _Snatch_

Comment

sent via PM

Comment

I was wondering if we had an updated map for any changes or anything of that nature i have to keep going over to a friends house to see whats going on because he has a copy of the map
                Anyway i was just wondering if i could get someone to send me an actual copy of the map if anyone had it

Thanks again Midian
                Trust is for the foolish, and the dead!

Do not bother me while I'm planning to overthrow you!

Comment

Midian, check the new thread for results - new map is at:
                  Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
                  "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

Ahhhh.... thank you orange 1 ... sorry about this im still adjusting to this forum style...
                    Trust is for the foolish, and the dead!

Do not bother me while I'm planning to overthrow you!

Comment

Working...
                    X