Classical Diplomacy Please Read and Sign Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classical Diplomacy Please Read and Sign Up

I am willing to try my hand at GM'ing a game of Classical Dip and we need four more players.
    Defiant has already signed in before his home computer crapped out.
    Map:
    http://home.pacbell.net/andyhre/classicf.gif

Please sign only if you are going to be able to complete this game.
    Not trying to scare anybody away but as my first game GM'ing I don't want to have to keep trying to find replacements all the time. This game should be fun and interesting to all, especially to the GM

Rules:
    http://www.stupendousgames.com/classic/rules.htm

They are pretty much standard and I will get out the placement as soon as I can get them on the map but they are in the rules.
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Chazzy (edited May 16, 2001).]</font>

Count me in.

Comment

I've got to be out of my friggin' mind.... but I'm in... Just put me next to Defiant so I can blitz him right away!

[This message has been edited by RUFFHAUS 8 (edited May 16, 2001).]
      What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

I'll sign up. If you want preferences, I can give you them over ICQ.

One thing, though: there was another game played awhile ago that was also called "Classical Diplomacy" (Coug usually named his games after the variant map). So could we call it something else? Say, "The setting for SnowFire's Mediterranean Rampage," or TSFSFMR for short?
        All syllogisms have three parts.
        Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Good one Snowie, I'll take the name into consideration.
          Actually I was thinking about the name " CLASH OF TITANS ", but am up for suggestions.

As of right now than we have four and only need one more.... TITAN..... to join the fray. Come on guys this is a five player map so should get bloody rather quickly.

Players;

Ruffy
          Snowfire
          El Hogfather
          Defiant ( or meat, you decide )

BTW, I think that I may draw the assignments. Any disagreement to this please post.

Comment

Ack, I wish I could join but I'm moving through 2 different places on both sides of the USA (leaving my dorm to go to San Diego for 1 week then moving to DC) so this wud not be a good time at all for me to start.
            The honorary duty of a human being
            is to love, I am human and nothing
            human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

But one suggestion for the map - use more.. bold colors. Carthage, Egypt, and Syria are way too light. I mean, this is just 5 players, couldn't the mapmaker use 5 distinct colors and then a blue color for the oceans? Sheesh.

The Abberation rule - building in centers that you own - still exists in this game. I imagine you guys will have to discuss it and decide whether to keep that rule or kick it out. Personally, I wouldn't play with that rule in any game.
              The honorary duty of a human being
              is to love, I am human and nothing
              human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Hmm, I didn't notice that before. Thanks for the heads-up.

To be honest, that rule was terrible on the Abberation map because it was huge with 9 players, so one early lead quickly became unstoppable. It's not quite as big a deal on a 5-player map, but still a bit unbalancing...

I would vote against such a rule, but will still play in the game no matter the decision because it doesn't matter quite so much on this map.

Clash of the Titans sounds like a good name to me. Nice and self-important.
                All syllogisms have three parts.
                Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Count me in. Just one game, as I'm overwhelmed with other things to play in any others (read: I don't want to get overwhelmed ). This is also a relatively short game compared to others.

[This message has been edited by PolarisGL (edited May 16, 2001).]
                  Please Visit:
                  http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

I agree the map needs to be tweeked. The abberration builds is something the players can decide on. There is an arguement both for keeping and for throwing it out. I don't know which way I would go on this, the time period lends credence to the aberration builds. Ship building could be done just about anywhere, all you needed was basically wood.
                    As for building armies, most replenished their ranks by recruiting or forceing people from the defeated provinces to join and fight alongside them. The option to refuse would have been death or slavery. Ceasar , Alexander, both had many different nationalities represented in their armies.
                    But , as I said it's up to the players. After units are placed you can let me know what you all think oabout the build rules.

Comment

DOH!!! Just too late. I wanted to whoop some ancient Med ass too! Never mind....Put me at the top of the replacement list
                      [This message has been edited by the_orange1 (edited May 17, 2001).]
                      "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

Polaris,
                        This is Chazz's first GM'ing and he doesn't want to have to chase you all over the place to get your moves in. Your history with finishing games is poor at best, this is his game and I will let him make the choice but one NMR and I am suggesting Orange1 immediately take your spot. This game is the time to prove to us how dedicated and disciplined you are, no excuses or don't get in please.

As for Meat, Ruffhaus will learn what it means to be run over, remember one of the laws of physics, "Yield to a Greater Force", you have been warned.

With only five players it should be one hell of a beginning.

I am helping Chazzy with mapmaking skills, just cool it Ruffhaus, we have the map but no units on it, this may be a dumb question for great mapmakers like ruffhaus, Lordstone or Snowfire but how do I get units on the map if the map doesn't start with them, thanks in advance for your help.
                        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

*chuckles maniacly* There's more ways to apply force than throwing your belly full o' MGD light around.

Anyway, as for units, I guess you'll have to create, copy, modify some some. You can always bring up a game map with units that appeal to you, use the save as function, and then cut and past units for fleets and armies, modifying the colors to fit the map along the way.
                          What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA, **thanks for the answer** the only USEFUL piece of information from your post BTW, MGDL is a better beer than that seaweed swill you southern boys know
                            Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Alright, Defiant. But I'm warning you that I may play horribly as I've not played Diplomacy in a while.
                              Please Visit:
                              http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Working...
                              X