Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ADC Site updated, and some random comments (new games?).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADC Site updated, and some random comments (new games?).

The ADC site has been updated. http://www.geocities.com/myrdred_ii/index.html
    Some comments:
    -Is Colonization or Mayhem going, or should I stick them into the abandoned list?
    -My ranking list has gotten kind of old and decrepit. I caught an error today and there might be more. Please feel free to check and make sure your "score" is correct, or check the entire chart if you want- I want to make sure it matches the "finished games" page.

Also, with the close of all of these games, there is something of a dearth of games (I for one am only playing in SAS and Domination right now). I figured this might be a good place to discuss any new games coming up. Obviously there are the 3 or 4 ADCT '01 championship games. There's also the Royale game that was proposed. The 1600 map needs 9 players, and 10 players expressed interest originally, but Victor and Midshipman seem to be taking leaves soon or already, so that's not so sure anymore. Any ideas on the possible second game of Royale, and any people interested in taking the most likely vacant 9th position?

By the way, here's the original list of people who posted in the thread, feel free to post to take your name off it if you want, too.
    GM: LS1
    Stefu
    Victor?
    SnowFire
    The Hogfather
    Midshipman?
    RUFFHAUS
    Gerwald
    Gibster
    Du_Chauteau
    hacksaw

Also, in terms of other new games, I was curious if anyone was interested in a game of Bretwalda? Dip9 was on the similiar Heptarchy map and was a ton of fun, and I've always wanted to do another British diplomacy game. I would be willing to GM the game if no one else was interested, but what I really want to do is play the game. So, is there any interest in this?
    Bretwalda: http://web.libertysurf.se/baches/bretwald.htm
    Heptarchy: http://web.libertysurf.se/baches/heptarch.htm (be sure to examine Hept. 4 map, only slight modifications but definitely better)
    Bretwalda requires 9 people, Heptarchy 7.

Obviously this is only an idea and I don't want to shove it down your throats, so if we want to do another game of, say, Colonial Diplomacy instead, I would be fine with that as well.
    All syllogisms have three parts.
    Therefore this is not a syllogism.

CAn't we just have seven-player Royale as I originally proposed?
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

I would be interested in playing either of those British games - they look cool. I'm also planning to GM a game of Sengoku dip starting in the next couple of weeks, so you can put that down as an upcoming game - for anyone interested, I will post a seperate thread next week for sign-ups.
      "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

Actually, I'm not so sure if I want to GM another Royale game. I'm doing an internship in DC for the summer, and while I'd GM another game, I don't think the Royale variant is a good idea.

I don't like the Bretwalda rule of reassigning your SC's around. It's simply another version of the Silent Dip 2 fiasco in which there was a winner by 1904 or something.

Let's look around for some maps or games.
        The honorary duty of a human being
        is to love, I am human and nothing
        human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Colonization is on the "hiatus" list while I get through my hellish final exams. Once they're done with in a couple of days, I will be able to continue GMing.
          CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
          Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
          Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
          Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Nice job Snowfire,
            One question though, I see I am real close to Ruffhaus and I don't think I should be, not that I should have more points but I think he does.
            You have him at 2.5, these games I know of and there might be some more,
            ADCT first game solo 1.0
            1600 solo 1.0
            20th century .5 draw with me
            12 .5 draw with Allod, stabbed me to do it.
            Grey dip, I just saw he finished in it, I think 4 way
            Seismic another 4 way .25

Could you review please, don't want to forget anybody's points, especially if it would put him in the overall lead.

Thanks
            Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

I was doing a little number crunching on my points and I think I am .1 higher than what you have me, small I know, but these should be accurate, see if you agree with my point accumulation

Dip 21- 5 way draw .2
              Dip C - 3 way draw .33
              Champ 1 solo 1.00
              20th - 2 way draw .5
              Alien - 5 way draw .2

Total 2.23

Please review and thanks
              Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

Well if LS1 is in DC this summer, could we have the Royale game start in the fall? Then I could also play. I like the Bretwalda map.

We could just do away with the moving of centers rules, since Royale lets you create new build sites anyways.
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

Hmm... I'd like to try the "It Came From Outer Space" - that is, Alien - concept again. I really enjoyed that game... perhaps on the standard map this time? Anyone?
                  Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Stefu: Seems like a moot point now since we won't have a GM for the summer at least, so no Royale for awhile.

LS1: Good point, you'll recall that I was highly against the "build anywhere" rule in SD2 myself, and the map creator acknowledges this-
                    However, I'm not really a fan of the idea of building in *any* centre you own: it too easily turns small advantages into big ones and makes it very hard to fight back.
                    However, you can only build in your 3 centers at once, and if they get captured you're still in big trouble.
                    My proposal would be to simply lengthen the moving period from one year to two years, so you lose the home SC for 2 adjustment phases instead of just 1. And of course the location you're moving to must stay in your control for both of the two years.
                    Ultimately, it will be whoever GMs the game, if it ever exists, to decide.

Defiant: Thank you! I knew those two 2-way draws were trouble, my previous correction had to with them as well. Somehow RUFFHAUS missed credit for both of those draws, and hence had 1 less point then he should. I'll be sure to change that.

As for your score, yes, thanks, my masterful math skills dropped a .1 somewhere obviously. This is why I asked people to check their scores and make sure it was right.

By the way: Does anyone remember who played Denmark in 1600 Dip?
                    [This message has been edited by SnowFire (edited May 16, 2001).]

Comment

Eesch, sorry about those abandoned games.
                      Please Visit:
                      http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Thanks for looking the points over again Snowie and I believe it was Jason that played Denmark in 1600

Comment

I would be interested in a game of Bretwalda

Comment

Actually, Defiant, sorry, but my original calculation was right. I added up the numbers again and came up with 28.07, .1 higher than it should have been. Dip 21, you see, was half a solo for dan.te (.5) and a 5-way draw for everybody else, meaning you only got .1 point for it.

Sorry, but complain to Boshko if you want, he just kinda declared the game that kind of a draw.

Comment

That's fine, if that is how it was calculated, I am not complaining, just didn't know how he arrived at it. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X