ADCT: The Tournament of Champions W1905

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADCT: The Tournament of Champions W1905

Ah. We're back. With Chazzy's build in, we can finally move on!!! YAY!! WHOOOO!!!!!!! Ok. This is Winter 1905, and we have our first EOG. YAY!! WHOOOO!!!!!!! Ok. Movin' on....

Austria (Gibster)
    The game started off like most other games for me... I started some diplomatic efforts straight away, others I procrastinated on. The result was, that Austria and Russia had allied with each other, and Italy was neutral to me. Well, it could have been worse.

I hoped that I could get Russia on my side through some very generous negotiations that I actually followed through upon, which were for nothing, as Russian forces continued to assault the Austrian homeland.

It came down to one of those awful moments where your opponent has the choice of attacking one out of two of your SC's, and you have the choice of defending either. My opponent had the dilemma of choosing which to attack, and I had the dilemma of choosing which to defend. I hope it gave him as many sleepless nights as I had over it. J

In the end, I decided that it would be best to protect the lesser of the two SC's, as I thought that's what he'd go foe. But, instead he was allowed freely into the open SC. And by that time, the game was almost over for me.

I managed to get some help from Iaiaiaian's Italian forces, with which I thought that I could destroy one of the attacking units. But Italy is never a world power in a game of Diplomacy, and he couldn't help me.

I tried to get Talon to move onto my side and stab Russia, as clearly once I'm gone Turkey is next, but he wouldn't go along with any of it. Hell, he couldn't even be bothered to propose a plan which I would eagerly accept which would have let him take more of my SC's... he just didn't care, it seems.

So, my death from that point was inevitable, and once it had happened, Russia moved into Turkey as the Turks themselves headed into Italy with the French. While I'll say a quiet prayer for Italy's survival, my people will cheer as Turkey falls under Russian occupation.

England (Ruffhaus)
    No change

France (Chazzy)
    Build F Mar

Germany (Berzerker)
    Disband F Hol

Italy (Iain Lindley)
    F Tun retreats to WMe
    Disband A Tyr

Russia (Defiant)
    Build F StP(sc), F Sev, A War

Turkey (Talon)
    A Ser retreats to Gre
    Disband F Tun

Map: http://fp.geocities.com/lordstone1/adct/w1905.gif

Let's see. Spring 1906 moves due Monday April 9, 2001
    The honorary duty of a human being
    is to love, I am human and nothing
    human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Ya gots to remove the "fp" bit now for the link to work properly, i.e.
    http://geocities.com/lordstone1/adct/w1905.gif

Dunno how long this trick'll work tho

Comment

Working...
    X