Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Andreas Dip - Spring 1904 Earthquake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Andreas Dip - Spring 1904 Earthquake!

Well, well, welcome back! After a month-long hiatus due to technical problems (both on the GM side and the Apolyton side), we are ready to shake up the world once again! After dragging out all the moves from you, I'm ready to start again!

In this turn, we see the continued trend towards reversing changes, with France attempting to make Venice and Piedmont neighbors and Russia re-creating the oft-contested issue of Trieste and Venice. Both France and Italy's orders were invalid, since the application of one order after the other would not make sense. Back in the north, the North Sea has possibly become the most powerful sea province, bordering no less than 8 SC's (with the addition of Munich and Kiel). However, Germany, with its dying breath, attempts to drive England and Russia further apart by forcing them to contend with the fact that the central province of Munich now borders the central province of Vienna. But we mustn't forget Turkey and Austria's sneaky moves, marooning the Adriatic Fleet but vastly expanding the power of the East Mediterranean Fleet. Let's play on!

Austria (Midshipman)
    Adriatic Sea and Ionian Sea separate, Apulia and Albania connect

England (Ruffhaus)
    Helgoland Bight and Holland separate, North Sea and Munich connect

France (Napoleon)
    Tuscany and Tyrolia separate, Venice and Piedmont connect (invalid)

Germany (SnowFire)
    Bohemia and Tyrolia separate, Vienna and Munich connect

Italy (Defiant)
    Piedmont and Tuscany separate, Tyrolia and Tyrrhenian Sea connect (invalid)

Russia (Victor Galis)
    Adriatic Sea and Tyrolia separate, Venice and Trieste connect

Turkey (WarVoid)
    Ionian Sea and EOB separate, East Mediterranean and Tunis connect

Map: http://geocities.com/lordstone1/sanandreas/seq1904.gif

OK! Fall 1904 moves due Thursday, April 5th, 2001!
    The honorary duty of a human being
    is to love, I am human and nothing
    human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

I sincerely hope that Midshipman can sit on the stalemate line for the duration... that would be funny. That's if it still is the stalemate line...

Comment

I've been looking at the map, and noticed one small problem. Separating Hel from Holland, doesn't also separate it from Munich. That would require one more move, where Ruhr and the North Sea connected, making a sea space not unlike the MAO on the post modern map (surrounded on all sides, except in this case, by SCs)

Note:

"with the addition of Munich and Kiel" there is something wrong with any single seismic move that adds 2 new borders to a province, since there is only one connection made, and one separation.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

I concur with Victor- and not only does Hel still border Munich, it still borders the South Coast of Kiel.
        All syllogisms have three parts.
        Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Oops. My bad, it's been a while. Map updated.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

I wouldn't have noticed except for the comment that Nth sea now borders two more SCs
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

Lordstone
              How do I have 2 units with three SC's did I get one destroyed in the Spring, if not, I call for a misdeal and we start over
              Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Your fleet in the Tyrrhenian Sea was destroyed, demolished, annihilated, abolished, sacrificed, nullified, smitten, torn up, overthrown, doomed, cut up, mowed down, quashed, dissolved, squelched, squashed, crumbled up, shattered, torn to pieces, crushed to atoms, ruined, knocked down, razed, wiped out, erased, swept away, sank, wrecked, ingulfed, smashed to smithreens, blown up to kingdom come.

Got it?

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Are you sure, you are not just guessing are you?
                  Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

You missed out "shot up" Adam.
                    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Working...
                    X