Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dip 51 South American Supremacy Underway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dip 51 South American Supremacy Underway!

ADC Dip 51 South American Supremacy Underway!

GM COMMENTS: ADC Dip 51 South American Supremacy is ready to start. player assignments were selected by the GM in a random draw. The game starts in Spring 1835 and will run through Winter 1850. The player roster, map, and rules are listed below. Turns will be weekly (similar to the pace of Dip 22 and Dip 23) with orders typically being due every Thursday. Spring 1835 orders are Thursday, March 29, 23:59 EST.

GM INFORMATION:

RUFFHAUS8
    E-mail: RUFFHAUS8@aol.com

PLAYER INFORMATION:

ARGENTINA (Iain Lindley)
    E-mail: iain@lindleys.f9.co.uk

BOLIVIA (Berzerker)
    E-mail: berzerkr@cjnetworks.com

BRAZIL (Hogfather)
    E-mail: m_carreras@hotmail.com

CHILE (Chazzy)
    E-mail: chazzy@execpc.com

COLOMBIA (Sahib)
    E-mail: sa.hi@mailcity.com

PARAGUAY (Snowfire)
    E-mail: peter.ingraham@oberlin.edu

PERU (Gerwald)
    E-mail: CaladbolFT@aol.com

VENEZEULA (Defiant)
    E-mail: defiant@charter.net or seanc@herrschners.com

MAP:
    http://www.geocities.com/ruffhaus8/ADC51/1834W.gif

VARIANT RULES:

Rules for South American Supremacy Variant:

1. The Starting Year is 1835, though the map represents no exact period in time. Rather, the map and the variant as a whole are a composite of 19th century South America.

2. Starting Positions:

Chile: F Val, A San
    Argentina: F BAs, A Cor, A Sal
    Brasil: F SaP, A Rio, F Slv, A Man
    Bolivia: F Ant, A LaP
    Colombia: F Cal, F Car, A Bog
    Paraguay: A Asu, A Con
    Peru: F Lim, A Tru
    Venezuela: F Mar, A Ccs.

3. The Andes Mountains: Indicated by a darkened border, separating the western ridge of the continent from the interior. Units may not cross the Andes Mountains (like Switzerland) except at "passes," marked on the map by two small parallel lines with a normal border between them. The Andes Mountains form the border between Cali and Popayan, and stretch all the way south to separate Punta Arenas from Patagonia.

4. Punta Arenas/Tierra Del Fuego:

An army or a fleet may enter either of these territories, OR a fleet may pass directly from the Golfo de San Jorge to the South Pacific Ocean.

Adjacencies in the region are as follows:

GSJ borders TdF, Pat, ScS, Mal, and SPO via Magellan. (NOT PAs)
    TdF borders PAs, GSJ, Pat, ScS, SPO.
    PAs borders TdF, SPO, and Ara. (NOT Pat, because of the Andes, and NOT GSJ)
    SPO borders PAs, Ara, San, Val, Jua, GdG, ScS, TdF, and GSJ

5. Rivers: Very simple. The Amazon and Parana rivers are navigable by fleets. They are NOT separate bodies of water themselves. This means that fleets can move up and along these river borders just like fleets on coastlines can. For example, a fleet could on subsequent turns move from RdP to BAs to SaF to Crt to Asu to Mis to Prn, etc. etc. No special order format is needed. Support operates as normal, though it should be noted that fleets CANNOT support actions involving inland territories while on a river. Just as a Fleet in Belgium could not support an Army Burgundy into Ruhr, neither could a Fleet Santa Fe support an Army Cordoba into Rosario. Also, fleets may not convoy while on a river (just like fleets on a coastal territory may not convoy in standard.)

6. British, French, and Dutch Guyana: European controlled territories that are impassable like Switzerland.

7. Victory conditions (20 SCs), turn movement, and all other aspects of SAS conform to Standard in every way.

The colombian embassy herewith opens it´s grand new ballroom to the guests from all over south america. Please enjoy our fabulous cuisine, excellent imported wines and, above all, the company of our beautiful hostesses. And while you are here, please feel free to talk about the future of our lovely southern american continent an how we can shape it together.
    Yours sincerely,
    Sahib, prime minister of Colombia

Comment

I see that this occassion has brought only the finest of people. I might say that sandwiched between Sahib and Berzzy will be interesting

Comment

Emperor Dom Pedro of Brasil sends his salutations to his fellow colleagues of South America.

------------------

Hell, I feel like a total newbie amongst you guys! I hope to learn a lot...

My ICQ is a bit f***ed up at the moment so please direct any messages to my e-mail. I hope to have it fixed soon.

Comment

ICQ is ready and running once again!

Comment

Don't forget to use fp in place of www when linking to geocities maps

And I'm available to take over if anyone drops out... someone always does

Comment

I'm also ready to step in if there are any drop-outs Ruffhaus
              "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

Okay, thank Gibster and Orange. I'll keep you lads on the shortlist for replacements. Thanks.
                [This message has been edited by RUFFHAUS8 (edited March 25, 2001).]

Comment

***** Deadline Reminder! *******

I have 5 of 8 sets of orders for Spring 1835. Orders are due on Thursday, March 29, 23;59 EST. I'll be contacing the remaining three players individually. Thanks, and let's shoot for an NMR-free game, eh? What a concept! Can it be done? Well, one can always hope.

Comment

I currently have orders from all players for the opening turn of Spring 1835. If anyone wishes to make revisions to their orders, yhey still have until midnight Thursday to alter them. Thanks for being so prompt. Your GM loves preliminary orders!

Comment

And,,,,,,,,who was the first with prelim orders
                      Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Kissing up to the GM won't prolong your life any in this game wussboy ! And that goes for your feeble little army up there also .

Comment

The government of Peru would like to apologize for the autrocious display of favoritism displayed by fellow Latinos in Honduras last night. It was just deplorable how the game was unjustly called in order to prevent the Capitalistic Americans from CRUSHING the hopeless Hondurans. Again, let us reitterate; Viva Estados Unitos!!!! 2-1 USA! USA! USA!

Comment

You are real brave spouting off **** from behind a mountain range you Chili Dork. I now don't have to worry about who I am going to crush, get it, crushed chili peppers, or do you need me to spell out for your 8th grade education.
                            Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Working...
                            X