• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey Dip Spring 1906 Results

Fall desults due wednesday
    http://www.geocities.com/notboshko/greys1906.GIF

Austria
    A Tri S A Vie (support cut, unit dislodged, retreats to Tyr)
    A Vie S A Tri

Germany
    A Ber - Mun (move fails)
    A Kie S A Ber - Mun

Italy
    F Nap S F Ion
    F Tyn S F Ion
    F Ion S Austrian A Tri-Alb (invalid support, support cut)
    F Spa (sc) S F Mao
    A Bur S A Mun
    A Mun S A Bur (support cut)
    F MAO H

Russia
    F StP-Nor (move fails)
    A Mos-StP (move fails)
    A Liv-Pru

England
    F Nao-Mao (move fails)
    F Iri S F Nao-Mao
    A Bel H
    F Eng S A Bel
    A Nwy-StP (move fails)
    F Bal H
    F Den H
    A Hol H

Turkey
    A Rum - Gal
    A Ser - Tri
    A Bud S A Ser - Tri
    F Alb S A Ser - Tri
    A Smy - Arm
    A Sev - Ukr
    F Gre S F Eme - Ion
    F Aeg S F Eme - Ion
    F Eme - Ion (move fails)

France
    A Bre S A Pic
    A Pic S Italian A Bur - Bel (invalid support)
    F Por S Italian F Mao

Let the Austrian sit in Venice. He's your pawn now anyway.
    While diplomacy lurks in the heart of men, humankind shall always prosper...

Comment

England: If you don't want a Turkish solo, then I recommend the following moves be played. You NEED to give me an SC this turn; otherwise, there really is no chance that the Turks will be beaten back. There's not much as it stands, but hey, it's better than nothing.

You're in position to collect German centers. Germany is what is holding down my armies in Munich and Burgundy when they could be back stopping Turkey. So I recommend you play this:
      F Bal-Ber
      F Den S A Hol-Kie
      A Hol-Kie
      A Bel-Hol

I will play this:
      A Bur-Bel
      A Mun S English A Hol-Kie

This will assuredly cut support for a German attack on Munich. Also, this assures me a center to build with. You don't lose any centers because you collect Kiel in exchange for Belgium, and I have no hope of keeping Belgium in the long term. You have fleets and can relieve me of it whenever you like.

I will play the moves I declare up there. If Germany attacks me again and you fail to come through, I'll lose Munich, but so be it. If you don't give up Belgium, the game is lost anyway, and the extra loss of Munich is nothing but icing on the cake.

Comment

GO TURKEY!!! You... da man!

Comment

Yeah, it's just so manly to slaughter Austria when she's been stabbed in the back by Germany of all people. And when Russia and Italy are occupied elsewhere. It must have taken buckets of skill to do that in a game where you can't influence other nations to do as you like through Diplomacy.

Comment

No. There's an SC if not two easily available to you, and you have consistently declined them. Nevertheless, I feel a compromise is needed. I will not move into MAO if you choose to dispose of the French freeloader.

Comment

TURKEY rocks (and rolls)! Sour grapes in Austria? Justifiable perhaps. Ask yourself if the Turks fault that Germany has the tactical ability of a small canteloupe?

Comment

'twasn't born yesterday, England. I realize you're doing all you can to break through the MAO, but give it up, it isn't happening. You know as well as I that you would just use this as your oppurtunity to take MAO.

If you really don't want Turkey to win, give me Belgium. I'll give you credit for trying with this, but you need to know when to hold and when to fold, and the time's come to fold. I need Belgium. If by some miracle Turkey is beaten back, I will give you full liscence to retake it.

Consider this carefully, my English friend.

-Italy

Comment

Austria has no sour grapes (seeing as he hasn't posted in this thread). However, to simply hold out so long where Diplomacy wasn't able to be practiced was no small feat. Knowing sooner or later, the nations around it would carve it up in pieces.

Comment

You can have Portugal at no risk to yourself. I appreciate your concern, but it has reached the point where you can no longer afford to keep MAO without any risk. I will not take MAO. You have my word. Belgium is staying put.

Comment

This deadline, I was under the impression that it was last wednesday... I guess I was wrong. So, is it this upcoming wednesday, or the wednesday after that?

Comment

You can have Portugal at no risk to yourself.

Fine, let's see the moves that would allow this with no risk of you taking the MAO. I could have missed something, you know.

Comment

You can either take a risk and stay alive, or be stubborn and lose. Which would you prefer?

Comment

There's a risk and then there's a sure thing. If you want to convince me, then move your forces away from the seas bordering the MAO. You can use fleets to bounce around to prevent me from moving forward. And do it quickly, 'cause Turkey looms.

Comment

Working...
                            X