X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Fall 2012 Results

http://www.geocities.com/notboshko/alienf2012.GIF

no builds for anyone only chance is that SnowFire has colonized Swe
    spring results due before I leave for break saturday morning.

UNA (WarVoid)
    F Ire -> Nao (move fails)
    F Nwg -> Arc (move fails)
    F Nth S A Nor
    A Nor Hold
    A Hol Hold
    A Edi Hold
    A Yor Hold
    A Orb Hold

Aquaticans (Iain Lindley)
    F Bal S A ORB-Swe
    A ORB-Swe (move fails)
    F Pru S F Bal
    A Den S A ORB-Swe (support cut)
    A Ham S A Den
    A Hun S A Cro
    A Slo S A Hun
    A Aus S A Hun
    A Cro S A Hun
    A Bos S A Cro
    A Ven S A Cro

Laguzans (SnowFire)
    F Arc->Nwg (move fails)
    A Orb->Swe (move fails)
    A Orb->Den (move fails)
    A Orb H
    F Swe-Nor (move fails)
    A Lap S F Swe-Nor
    A Fin S A Orb-Swe
    F GoB COL Swe
    A Est S A Lat
    A Lat S A Bie
    A Mos S A Bie
    A CRP S A Bie
    A Bie S A Pod
    A Kie S A Pod
    A Ode S A Pod
    A Mol S A Pod
    A Rum S A Pod
    A Pod S A Bie
    A Ser S A Rum
    A Alb S A Ser
    A Mac S A Ser
    F Adr S F Ion
    F Ion S F LBS
    F LBS S F ESA->Lib
    F ESA->Lib (move fails)
    F EME S F LBS
    F Aeg S F Ion

Protectors (Victor G.)
    A WSA S F Lib
    A Alg-ORB
    A ORB-Tun
    F Tun-Alg
    F Lin S F Mal
    F Tys S F Mal
    F Nap S F Apu
    A Rom S F Apu
    F Apu S Aquatican A Ven
    A Lyon S A Mar
    A Mar S A Lyon
    A Ice H
    A ORB H

Federation (Defiant)
    CZE S KRA
    KRA S WAR
    WAR S LIT
    GDA S LIT
    LIT S WAR

I played:

A Alg-ORB
    F Tun-Alg
    A ORB-Tun

so Alg should be a fleet, and Tun an army.
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Well, now that my desperate little play for Norway has failed, I'm willing to talk about a draw, since it seems I won't be advancing any more.

I'm perfectly willing to have a draw. The only thing is, the draw is a bit big at the moment... 5 players is a lot to share it with. So I'll agree to the draw as soon as Iain takes Defiant out of the game. Don't get me wrong, Defiant's played a great game so far, but isn't a 4-way draw much better than a 5-way draw? Besides, there's not really much that Defiant can do to stop it now. Just as there wasn't much I could do in Rocky Road when Monk, Boshko, and Mao decided that a three-way draw was better than a 4-way draw .

Lest you worry, I cannot get enough centers to win through Defiant's centers, even if he goes nuts and decides to throw all his centers to me. Also there is a very easy stalemate line to maintain behind the lines. But if Iain wants them, he can have all of Defiant's territory right now, I'll just sit back and support myself and cut some supports to help out.

Until the Federation is eliminated, no draw.
      All syllogisms have three parts.
      Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Well, you just became #1 boy on my hitlist, why does everybody have to go after Defiant, you are talking a difference of .2 > .25
        Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Snowie,
          Nice try, do you see what he is doing, Iain. Sure, Iain attack Defiant help me to break him down and then we will draw, RIGHT! Iain, you know him, he will continue on right threw me to you and onward to solo, lets keep our united defense and force the draw.
          Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

Comment

I have to say I agree completely with Defiant here. I wouldn't even consider it unless you move into a position where a stab was totally impossible. And that isn't going to happen.

DRAW.

Comment

I agree with Lindley. Defiant has held out damn good for this game. It was a great game, lots of fun and with some really interesting twists. But it's come to a complete stalemate.

DRAW.

Comment

As much as I would like a 4 way draw myself, I like our nice stalemate line more... if Defiant were to agree to a four way draw without himself, I'd be all for it, but I don't think he's going to do that, and I don't blame him. Sorry... 5 way, or some really long pointless war.
                "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                -Joan Robinson

Comment

5 way draw works for me, or it can become a very long game, I vote draw

Comment

Yeesh, are you guys going to force me to draw out the stalemate line for you? Again, I CANNOT SOLO anymore. I'd like to, yes, but it ain't happening. I need 8 SC's to solo, I believe. Even if some kind of disaster happened and I took over Defiant's entire territory, I'd only get 5 more. And I already said, Iain, you can have all of Defiant's SCs if you want. You can then hold the same stalemate line that Defiant holds right now. However, if I was stupid and perfidious, and I did take Defiant's SC's without you getting them, assuming you could at least hold onto CZE, a very easy stalemate line presents itself behind PRU, SIL, CZE, SLO, and the same way it is now down south.

I'm offering you a better draw for free. I don't care if it's only from 1/5 to 1/4, it's better. This is just my philosophy now, but as far as I'm concerned, you're obligated to play the best game for your country you can. This is risk-free, guys. I'll even submit my orders in advance on the thread if you want to check my sincere intentions.

Yes, Defiant has played a pretty good game, as I said before. But that's irrelevant. We've all played very good games that we just happened to lose in. I'm telling you, I'm not agreeing to a draw until there are only 4 players left. I recommend you move in on Defiant, Iain, or this is going to be a very loooooong game.

Comment

Snowfire,
                      Why are you being so obstinent(sp), most if not all of the other players said they would draw, is this a personal against me, you are the only one calling for the game to continue and for what purpose, just to knock one more player out of the game, if this is the case, fine, I will concede to a draw to the other four players, I'm not going to put them through having to submit long term orders just so you can knock one more out, if possible.

I concede to a four way draw of the others. It's been fun but let it end.

Comment

cancel
                        [This message has been edited by Defiant (edited March 08, 2001).]

Comment

Erm... no, as I said before, this is not personal, Defiant. What would I have against you?

If Coug, Mao, or RUFFHAUS had still been in the game holding Scandavia, I would have demanded their demise as well. And if you had been playing the Aquaticans and Iain the Federation, I would have asked for Iain's demise. I'm doing this because I think I can get a better ending to the game for my side then agreeing to a draw immediately would.

I don't want you to concede unless you do so based on the game's situation. It would be a hollow victory (well, draw) indeed if you only conceded due to pressure for the game to end.

That being said, since Iain could crush you like a bug (if he wants to get a bigger part of the draw), I would have no problem with you conceding because of that reason.

against me, you are the only one calling for the game to continue

That would be because I'm in the best position so far.

Comment

*waits in the background until a consensus is reached*
                            But SnowFire does have a point, we did exactly the same thing to him in RR Dip

Comment

I still say DRAW!

Comment

Working...
                              X