Germany
    Disband A Mun

England
    build F Lvp F Edi

Italy
    build F Nap

Russia
    Disband F Bal

I wonder if Austria has noticed that A Vie is not required for support duty, and would be well employed moving to Tyr to stand a good chance of compensating for the impending loss of Greece.
    While diplomacy lurks in the heart of men, humankind shall always prosper...

Comment

Not support duty per se, but if Austria does not move Vienna to Budapest, he would lose Budapest if Turkey decides to take Greece with Serbia, supported by Bulgaria. Rumania would then be released from his support duty, and could thus move to Budapest.

He could of course try to take Serbia with Trieste instead, but that would set him up for an Italian stab... Which should not be long in coming as Italy sees the southern front collapse.

Comment

From Italy: I don't know what you're talking about, folks. I have no intention of stabbing Austria, that would be extremely silly. For starters, I have no forces in position. Second of all, Austria won't be stabbing me if he wants to have some fleets ready to keep Greece safe. Third of all, if Austria really did want to stab me, he could do it a lot simpler and without moving A Vie to Tyr: he would just move Tri to Ven and Vie to Tri.

Which Austria won't do, because A Vie most certainly IS required for support duty in keeping Budapest safe.

------------------

Comment

Of course you have no intention of stabbing Austria. Just like Turkey didn't have an intention to stab Austria in fall 1902...

And your lack of units in position could change as in just one turn... Not something I would stake my survival on.

Of course Austria wont stab you. That would be suicide. Only if you stick together can Austria stand against Turkey.

Comment

Oh, I also think it would be quite dumb for austria to aggravte Germany when Germany finally backed off. Just like it would be bad to aggravate Russia by moving to Galicia.

Comment

Which units are these that Italy could move into place to stab Austria? If Naples goes to the Adriatic, all it can do is ram against Trieste for no effect and invite an easy stab of Venice.

And Marseilles is too far away, and going to get farther if it goes to Burgundy as claimed...

By the way, am I the only one thinking that Turkey has a better shot at taking Moscow than it seems? All he has to do is move to Sevastapol and Ukraine...

Comment

"He could of course try to take Serbia with Trieste instead, but that would set him up for an
                Italian stab... Which should not be long in coming as Italy sees the southern front collapse."

I don't think an Italian stab is coming as long as the front is solid, but if Austria either leaves Trieste or lets his front crumble... Then again, if Italy gains a center or two, builds more fleets, it might consider it worth a center or two to have a unified front, and not having to rely on Austria.

I also don't think Turkey can afford to take moscow now... Doing so would abandon Serbia, which would give way to much breathing room to Austria.

Comment

Mr. Buehler? Anyone? Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                  X