Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent Dip V Fall 1914 Results (Iain Lindley Wins!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Dip V Fall 1914 Results (Iain Lindley Wins!!!)

http://www.geocities.com/dboshko/sdvf1914.GIF

France wins!

Please post EOGs

Player Rundown:
    Russia = SnowFire
    France = Iain Lindley
    Italy = Victor Galis
    Austria = Defiant
    France = Barbarossa
    Germany = Midshipman
    Turkey = Mao replaced by Barbarossa after Mao kept on having his units do nothing besides
    support each other

Russia (1 disband)
    A Mos->StP (move fails)
    A War->Liv
    A Ukr->War

France (3 usable builds)
    F WME-Tun
    F NAf S F WME-Tun
    F LYO-TYN
    A Pie H
    F MAO-WME
    A Gas-Spa
    A Mun H
    A Ber S A Mun
    A Den-Swe
    A Nor-StP
    F BAR S A Nor-StP

Germany (1 disband)
    A Boh - Vie
    A Gal S A Boh - Vie

Italy (1 disband)
    A Tyl-Vie (move fails)
    A Ven-Tri
    A Tus S French A Pie-Ven (invalid support)
    F Tyn-Ion
    F Rom-Nap
    F Tun S F Gre-Hel (invalid support, support cut, unit dislodged and destroyed)
    A Bud-Rum (move fails)
    A Ser S A Bud-Rum

Turkey (1 build)
    A Arm S A Sev
    F Gre H
    A Bul S A Rum
    A Rum S A Sev
    F Bla S A Sev
    A Sev S A Rum

Well grr grr grr...I thought you put it on auto-pilot?
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Italian EOG.

This has been the most violent game I was ever in. I have fought with all the players except England, and I dispatched Defiant, my archnemesis.

I started out in all directions, aiming to prevent disbands before I should reach my homeland. this went well for a little while, and I was the first to reach my home SCs (tied with Iain). Unfortunately, Iain also decided that he needed to block some of my SCs, and I wasted several turns removing him, while growing at a snail's pace. Finally I had my homeland, and then Russia turned on me. I was beaten back for awhile, then with a little german help I beat Russia back. Things were looking good when, germany for no reason whatsoever stabbed me. Had he used his fleet to go for Iberia he might have defeated France, but nooo he had to mess with me. Then France decided he could handle me as well... and the thing started unravelling. Then Turkey, like an idiot decided to stab me instead of trying to stem the French tide. I mean that was really stupid. At that point I just supported France into Venice, which turned out to be an empty gesture since he would have won anyways. 3 front wars are not fun people And I've never fought this many players in the course of a standard game.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

EOG:

Well, I have learned one thing - it is a lot easier to talk with people in Dip than not.

Boshko had told me that several people thought I was crazy. I perfer to call it deranged.

First objective - Get home. That was accomplished by a sweep through the Balkans. I believe that I picked up one or two SCs on the way in the early game.

The fleet I had down there I never really moved. It was down there mainly to piss people off - first Turkey, then later, Italy.

Second Objective - Establish Germany as the center. Well, my whirling circle of death did that. I struck out in pretty much every direction. And people must have thought I was insane.

Unfortunately, I never got to my third phase, which was consolidate. I overextended too fast, and then France ripped my west flank open.

It was lost then, so I decided to be as big of a pain in the ass as I could
        But I kick that ball, and I pray it goes straight,
        If it does, then Coach says, "Good job number eight."
        He doesn't even no my name is Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
        But that's the life I live...Lonesome Kicker

Comment

Well, I wrote a nice long EOG, but it's at home, and I'm not... so you'll have to wait.

Comment

French End of Game Report

Well, after pestering Boshko incessently to post these final set of moves, I shall now proceed into a brief period of gloating.

I'd like to thank Boshko for his seemingly endless work as GM and mapmaker, not only of this game but others as well, and everyone who took part in what was a thoroughly enjoyable game. And not just because I won... Anyway, on with the show...

I was happy to receive my first preference, as I knew that the game was likely to be somewhat imbalanced, with a number of countries appearing almost impossible in this variant.

As early on as the end of the first year, it seemed clear that I had a strong chance of progressing. Barbarossa had made a fatal error in failing to head for Tunis, and when he was bounced out of Mar by the Russian (Thanks SF! ) he was forced to disband in the first year. This was to give me vital room for expansion later in the game.

Italy was already looking like a major threat, especially with the unit advantage, and had reached Trieste by Spring 1902. SnowFire was making steady progress through Germany (and still had Mar!), with Midshipman and Mao travelling well in opposite directions, and Defiant failing to make a break - not surprising given a dreadful opening position.

After fall 1903, I hit a problem. Victor's Italy was still looking like my major competitor, and yet I was holed up in Rome and Naples - leaving them alone could have been fatal. Being (joint) first home helped ease some of the burden, but Defiant was making a reasonable stab at ploughing through my homeland by this point, and my grip on many SCs was weak at best - indeed, a forced disband was required soon, and by Fall 1906 I looked only the fourth strongest power on the board.

However, much to my relief, having purged Italy of my presence, Victor ploughed into the Balkans rather than head westwards for revenge. This eased the pressure at a crucial stage, although Midshipman was beginning to pressure in the north. By 1907, clear boundaries were beginning to emerge. Only the eliminated England and the soon-to-die Austria were multicoloured. SnowFire now looked the strongest power, but the German was my immediate concern. By the end of 1908, there were German armies in Pic, Ruh and Mun, and I had yet to set foot on the vacant English soil.

Although Germany broke briefly into Bur, I dislodged A Pic, and was able to grab an English SC for the first time for Winter 1909. More importantly, Midshipman was distracted eastwards, and for the first time I was able to expand without pressure. The marauding Turkish fleet was chased away, and French troops entered London. As the Germans retreated, I simply followed them. Things were looking good for the final push. Only two years earlier, the Midshipman was on my soil. What a turnaround.

The end came rather sooner than expected. With Mao making slow progress, but keeping Russia distracted, I knew that the vital centres were Tun and StP. Twice I out-thought Victor in the Med, increasing my presence there whilst pinning the third Italian fleet in harbour. With Germany capitulating, my strategy gained the remaining six needed centres in only two game years. I had managed to gain the necessary fleets to Tunis before Victor could respond. Scandinavia, left empty by the retreating Russians, was swiftly conquered, and my naval supremacy allowed me to move effortlessly into the Barents Sea to support myself into St Petersburg. Thankyou very much, and goodnight!

Comment

Working...
            X