X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien Dip Spring 2001 Results (temporary replacement requested for Talon

http://www.geocities.com/dboshko/aliens2001.GIF

Fall orders due sunday
    If we don't get a temp replacement for Talon I'll make up some orders for him

Centurians (Chaz)
    colonize HOL
    colonize PAR
    A-BEL>RUH

Taira (Bearcat)
    A Mad-Por
    A Bar-Mad

Universe of Allied Nations (WarVoid)
    A Edi Col Cly
    A Liv Col Yor
    A Lon-ORB

Hodadian Federation (Reismark)
    A Mos-StP
    A Mur-Gor

Tar Egladilnai (Coug)
    A Nor - Lap
    A Swe - Fin
    A Den - Ham (move fails)

Aquaticans (Polaris)
    A CZC H
    A AUS -> MUN
    A HUN -> CRO

Rap’tor (Talon)
    A Orbit->Ros

Laguzans (SnowFire)
    A Isr->Cai
    A Asw S A Isr->Cai
    A Irn->Ada

NIM Republic (Imran)
    A(Ale) beam up
    A(Sve) beam up
    A(Ham) Colonize Ber

Midshipman
    A: Gre ---> Ist
    A: Bul ----> Ser
    A: Rum ---> Ode

Federation (Defiant)
    A Lit Col Lit
    A Bie Col Bie
    A Kra Col Kra

Protectors (Victor G.)
    A Tun COL Tun
    A Rom COL Rom
    A Mon-Mar

Wow! That's a lot of fighting that's about to happen... and some people will definately further their own cause by crushing weaker powers... Talon will not be the first to go down, though, I wouldn't say goodbye to Imran yet...
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

I think the fall will be relatively peaceful, things won't start to get really fun until next spring

Comment

There's a slim chance I might be interested in your "temp replacement" job. (This variant's probably too weird for my taste.)

But I'd like to at least check it out. I looked at a web site with rules for 170 different variants, and Alien Dip wasn't listed. Where can I read up on the rules?

Comment

I think the propper variant name is It Came From Outer Space.

It's normal dip, except you can make home SCs, and you can beam up armies to a spaceship, and then down anywhere else on the map (that hasn't been made someone's home area). Well there's more rules, but that's what stands out.
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Thanks, Victor. That is what it's called, and the rules can be found at: http://devel.diplom.org/Zine/S1996M/Shoham/ICFOS.html

I think it's just a little too strange for my current tastes in Dip, especially because you're using a Modern Map. Though it's definitely nowhere near as weird as some games, like Machiavelli.

I'll try to look in on these Apolyton forums every other day or so, just in case something turns up. And I'll spread the word to others, too.

Maybe in the meantime I can learn to use IRC. Ciao for niao.

Comment

Working...
            X