Space Empires - The Beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"All right, Mr. President. You're on in 5,4,3,2,..."
    "Good evening ladies and gentlemen. This is your President speaking, on behalf of the government of the Confederate Union of Delia. Two weeks ago exactly, a man known only as Andread attempted a take over of the government. Luckily, our security systems were able to easily foil his attempt. Unfortunately, we discovered Mr. Andread was not working alone. Not nearly. In fact, it appears he was at the head of a massive nation-wide group plottion to overthrow the CUD. The Revolutionaries for the reAlignment of Delia have infiltrated nearly every aspect of our society, and it is our job, to together restore order to Delia. The common, loyal, Delian citizen will have nothing to fear from out attempts to destroy RAD. The members of RAD, on the other hand...they have much to fear."

Following the speech, President Jacobs proclaimed himself Archon and introduced changes to the National Congress-30% of the Congress is to be handpicked by the military leaders of the nation, for "national security reasons.
    Meanwhile, anyone suspected of being a RAD member is being imprisoned, and if they are convicted, executed for treason and conspiracy to overthrow the government.

On the DLS Pretorius:
    "Captain, I'm picking up something really wierd here. This...thing is transmitting. And it's not in Latin, or any other known language for that matter....Maybe those Peregrine legends are true?"
    "Don't let this out to anyone for now, or you will never step off the Pretorius again. Inform the Archon of this development, and hail and follow that ship."
    "Yes sir."

OOC:Respond, Fjorxc
    The establishment of a Hebrew government and the implementation of its plans - this is the sole way of rescuing our people, salvaging our existence and our honor. We will follow this path, for there is no other. We will fight! Every Jew in our homeland will fight!

Comment

Like a skyrider transplanted from the warm air of Concord to the emptiness of space, the Peregrine Confederacy scoutship Adventurer sailed through the Crystallina system, searching for anything which might prove useful. Planetary atmospheres, asteroidal compositions, ancient debris, ruins, everything was entered into its massive computer core to be brought back to Concord, even with transmissions being sent back to the Listeners on an hourly basis. It wasn't much of an exaggeration to say the Adventurer was nothing more than a computer with engines and a radio.

That wasn't to say its radar wasn't up to snuff, either. Equipped with approximately enough weaponry to subdue a division of ground-pounding speartossers, it needed to be able to see far and run away from what it didn't like.

It was also useful for watching other things around you and not letting them know they were being watched.

"Any further information?" Captain Celera asked, wiping the sweat off her brow after a go in the flight tube. "Communications, identification, anything like that?"

"Seems like just another radar ghost, actually," the nav said. "If it wasn't for the broadcasts and energy signature it's putting out, we'd never have detected it otherwise. And before you ask, Captain, seeing as how you have just reentered the bridge, they are hailing us."

"Really? That was pretty good timing."

"Actually, I've had them on hold for about twenty minutes now. You said you didn't want to be disturbed and so I sent over the infopackage for diplomats."

"Well, maybe I won't kill you out of sheer annoyance, then." Celera said, taking her place at the center of the bridge. "Too bad we only have audio comm, I'd love to actually see who I'm talking to. I expect them to have a good plumage, though. Answer the hail and offer a rendezvous if they wish it."

---------------
      OOC: Yeah, I know that was short. I'm working on something else to post later on which also allows me a venue for ripping off Half-Life. Stay tuned.

------------------
      We will never forget...
      Free Spink and YYYH!

Your faithful and hell-bent NIMadier CWALer,
      Fjorxc the Maniac

"Starchild's post is stricken from the thread due to its utter unrealism. This is a high school, not the Council of Doom and Death."
      -LordStone1

"HAHAHAH! Starchild is such a moron!"
      -Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Zyg quietly worked at his station orbiting Necron. He was to check for any signals transmitting from any point of orgin not in Necrontyr space, and had so far located many new empires. He sighed and looked at the window of the work station, watching the great conquest fleets being raised once again, reminding him of times centuries, possibly millineia ago, when the Necrontyr ruled. But now it was different, with the now subjugated tribes of Necron having destroyed many ancient weapons in their petty warfare. The conquest fleets particualry stirred him, for they were everything but in MOST materials giant hulks of rocks drifiting in space. But they were very formidable, being quite manuverable for their shape, capable of holding massive amounts of weapons, but he was still sad. He was sad that seemingly none of the ancient races of his time survived, except for the evolutionary off spring. Suddenly a message appeared on the screen. Looking at the charts, it was not from around here, but the extra sensitive sensors of the Necrontyr. The screen read: LOWER SPECIE // ANIMAL. SURRENDER // SUBJUGATE. DIE // WITH EFFICIENCY.
        He gasped as much as any demon rock man could. According to the orgin of the message, it came from Trilar Prime. That mean the ancient Trilar still survive, or at least the offspring. But knowing the ancient Trilar, their already high evolutionary state could only rise, creating beings who could control the ebb of time itself! The holy war will arise again, for the Necrontyr silicon based life is primitive in the ancient Trilar eyes. He immeadiately told his superiors and was tod ro broadcast a signal of his own to the galaxy. It read:
        CITIZENS OF THE GALAXE, THE NECRONTYR HAVE RETURNED. WE WILL EXTERMINATE ALL WHO ENER OUR BORDER WITHOUT PERMISSION, BUT WHAT WE WISH FOR NOW IS PEACE. NECRONTYR OUT.
        Now only hopewill prevent war. Hope that the Trilar differ from their ancient cousins.
        (ooc:my fleet list is coming soon. Sorry Patriqvium about using the Trilar, but your message was to good not to look over )

Comment

Buried beneath the shifting, sunburnt sands of the most hostile sector of the desert world Serana, the White Pueblo Research Facility marched on the forefront of Progress' parade. It was truly a relic, older even than the fabled Rebellion against the Empire of Stars. It had already been old when the oppressors of the galaxy had been cast into the flames.

Nobody knew who had built it, or who its past tenants had been, but in 450 AR the massive complex was firmly under the control of the Peregrine Confederacy. Here the latest breakthroughs were made, here the best and brightest worked tirelessly for the good of the Confederacy.

Of course, it also employed a number of Airshield Training Academy hopefuls who had fallen victim to clerical snafus. Lachesis Liberta cursed the day she'd got this assignment.

Lachesis hated the hazard suit. As a species, Peregrines could not bear to be restrained, and Lachesis did not deviate in that respect. She was used to soaring, to be unfettered by redundant coverings, to have the infinite sky at her command. Instead, she got an ugly yellow hazard suit made of the finest armorcloth. With a tank secured between her wings that held nearly a day's worth of pure oxygen, Lachesis was essentially a mobile, self-contained environment of her own. The stuff between her toes frantically trying to form themselves into sentient civilization would not live much longer.

"Mind letting me in on the busywork you cooked up for me today?" Lachesis asked as a pair of mighty blast doors swung open, granting her access to the antechamber. Biohazard signs covered the walls, warning of the toxic dangers ahead just in case anybody too stupid to look at a map or not get lost and wander into a high-security test lab didn't know what was up ahead. Seconds after the first doors slammed shut, a second pair opened ahead of her, admitting the Peregrine to the sterile, sky-colored test chamber.

"No, I'm sorry," crackled a voice from her headset. "It's on a need-to-know basis, and you seem to have merely 7-C access."

Bloody watchers, Lachesis thought. All they gotta do is stand back with their coffee and their computers and make sure this place doesn't blow up. Lazy asses.

"Well then, do I need to know whether or not whatever this is will horribly kill me when I touch it?"

"No. Don't worry about it. You'll live through it." You're an expendable prole and we don't care if you live or die as long as we get the results we need, Lachesis translated mentally.

Blaring klaxons filled the room and a covered conveyor belt started up. Within a few moments, a cylinder arrived and was fished out of its enclosure by Lachesis. Tipping it slightly, she came to the conclusion it held some sort of bio-goo. "Could you at least tell me where you got it?" she asked, hopeful.

"Materials Processing," the voice returned. Obviously she was treading on thin ice around classified material. "Now here's the procedure you need to follow..."

Mentally grumbling to herself, Lachesis began to follow the watchers' instructions. Friggin' White Pueblo, I wanted to be in the MI. She placed the tube in a receptacle, watched it get picked up by a claw and moved to a mini-test chamber, and began inputting commands to send a few volts of electricity through it. Why the watchers couldn't do it was beyond Lachesis, but she thought it had something to do with the perks of higher security clearance.

After eight such tests, Lachesis was agonizingly bored. "Now, there's just a few more to go... would you mind turning the ion current to 17 millinyms?"

What am I, a researcher or a robot? "One-seven millinyms, aye," Lachesis sighed, tipping the sequence into the computer. She idly hoped that something would happen to liven up the situation, as she had for the previous eight tests today and the hundreds of others she'd performed during her tenure in White Pueblo.

Following the standard rules of revalation and major happenings and all that other stuff, something actually did happen. Otherwise there wouldn't be much point in describing all this, would there?

The instant the ion stream impacted the cylinder, it seemed to explode outward with primordial fury. The goo flew forth into the air and splattered over everything, though what landed on Lachesis' hazard suit was quickly eliminated by its purification layer. The cleaning systems were fractions of a second away from destroying this pestilence when it somehow disappeared, as if it flew right up through the roof. Lachesis thought she heard a voice gurgle out, "Thank you."

The next thing she heard was the screams of the watchers. Tipping in her security code at the door, she knew she had to go and see what was up. To hell with the rest of the experiments, there wasn't anything left to experiment upon.

Despite her intense physical training, Lachesis felt a few beads of sweat develop as her four legs carried her to the control room as fast as they would go. When she finally arrived, the door seemed to be unlocked, suggesting some of them had started to run. She easily opened the door and took a view of the control room.

There were lab clothes resting in the middle of the floor for some reason.

Lachesis doubted that anything would have possessed the watchers to start gallivanting around White Pueblo completely nude, and there was no evidence that they had been damaged by fire of any sort. In fact, upon closer inspection, Lachesis noticed a fair amount of nearly-transparent, molasses-like liquid beneath the fallen garments.

Bio-goo.

--------------------

Many light-years away from the troubles of the White Pueblo Research Facility, Citizen Ariadne Augusta was the most nervous she'd ever been in her life. Not even being named archon of the Peregrine Confederacy had rattled her this much. Indeed, what she did here would be remembered for centuries to come. Here, face-to-face contact would be made with another species for the first time in modern Peregrine history.

Since dropping out of hyperspace, the Athena Nike had met up with a pair of destroyers identifying themselves as part of the navy of the Imperial Trade Federation. Ariadne had been enthused at that; first, it meant that they were willing to have this conference, and second, the navigator hadn't screwed up again and set a course for the Corona Dea Nebula. Ariadne could see from the scanner readings of the two destroyers that they were fiercely armed, each a match for the Athena Nike on its own. Even though the Peregrine blockade runner quite likely had a speed advantage, Ariadne hoped she wouldn't have to find out.

Minutes stretched into hours as the Confederate starship was led deeper and deeper into the system that had been identified as Aluin. Signs of civilization were becoming more and more common as they approached the center star. Every once in a while they'd pass a moon with a mining station on it, a space station, monitoring buoy or cargo freighter. Ariadne could barely contain her nervousness, and as the inner system drew closer, her excitement.

At last their goal was reached; a massive space station orbiting a beautiful-looking world that bore a striking similarity to good Concord. The destroyers guided the Athena Nike in, and with some difficulty they managed to connect to a docking port. Filled with a mix of emotions more volatile than any alcoholic substance she'd cooked up during her teenage years, Ariadne, four members of the Confederate Diplomatic Corps, and a half-dozen guards wielding standard-issue laser projection rifles, strode out into the space station.

The route seemed cloistered and out of the way to Ariadne, probably because the ITF didn't want this alien delegation to attract too much attention at first. Her feeling of being in such a closed-in area likely came from the station having been built by a species that did not seem to be gifted with wings.

After many more minutes, the Confederacy contact team was finally led to a large conference room. A large table of the finest marble was situated in the precise center, and the welcoming team from the ITF stood on the other side. Ariadne led the way in, not really caring for protocol of leader protection. After all, if they had wanted her dead, the Athena Nike probably never would have exited hyperspace.

In the Peregrine custom for greetings, Ariadne kneeled, removed her ceremonial jeweled necklace, and set it on the carpeted floor. The other diplomats did the same thing, while the guards placed their weapons on the ground in lieu of ceremonial trinkets. When the Peregrines were all standing once more, Ariadne began to beat her wings in the ancient symbol of friendship.

"Optissima venta, honored representatives of the Imperial Trade Federation. I am Ariadne Augusta, citizen of the Peregrine Confederacy. We respond to your appeal of friendship and hope our two peoples have a long and glorious future together. We welcome the offers your great civilization has made us, and would like to respond in kind. First, let us greet one another, and learn about our two races, so that unnecessary cultural taboos may not be broken."

--------------------

OOC: Polaris, please continue.

------------------
          We will never forget...
          Free Spink and YYYH!

Your faithful and hell-bent NIMadier CWALer,
          Fjorxc the Maniac

"Starchild's post is stricken from the thread due to its utter unrealism. This is a high school, not the Council of Doom and Death."
          -LordStone1

"HAHAHAH! Starchild is such a moron!"
          -Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Vaetari Sri'ana entered through the southern doors of the first floor of the Temple of Enetet and proceded to use the stairs to walk up to the 1,000th floor of the Temple, as was the custom.

Five hours later:

It would be another hour until noon and Sri'ana just finished lunch on the 946th floor of the Temple. He had thought of using the elevator to finish the last 54 floors, but decided against it. No one, not a single leader of the Republic since the beginning of its 35,000 years of history, had ever used the elevator. Of course that might not be true, but no one could disclaim due to the fact that most recorded history was destroyed during the invasion by the Empire of Stars and almost all recovered information was destroyed during the Liberation. 53,000 years of recorded history, 35,000 years of history by the Republic, whole exabytes (exa- 1 quintillion or 1015, in binary, 260) of science, literature, mathematical proofs, technological discoveries, space exploration, religious texts, all destroyed in mere seconds during the Invasion. Sri'ana remembered as a child when the Library of Enetet was bombed during the Liberation. Thousands of books and hundreds of data crystals were destroyed. People thought that the information was lost forever, that we would never again achieve the greatness of our ancestors. Sri'ana smiled. In less than 45 minutes the entire world, the entire Republic would know the truth. He got up, and continued his ascent up the stairs.
            Minister of UFQPOT
            Division of the (un)glorious PROT!
            CEO of the SSPC

Comment

Brient Muil, the friendliest and most experienced diplomat of the Federation stood up from his meal in the space dock on the groud of the home system. He had just seen the most beautiful being his eyes would ever see. He could not identify the creature, but he wondered...[i}Could this be the Peregrine we contacted a while ago?[/i] Muil stood up from the table and began to walk to the scene. MIs were laying their weapons on the ground and the creature was laying an odd piece of jewelry on the floor. Flapping her wings, Muil thought of her as even more beautiful. In stepped a man by the name of Duke-General Jerai Compar, one of the finest generals in the Federation.

Excuse me, creature, but I would like to know who gave you permission to just dock in here so casually. This is a private dock for our destroyers...

Your destroyers, my good sir, were the ones who brought me here.

Is this true?!

Yes, sir.

Men, pick up your weapons. Have these two crews arrested and that being put in jail for violating...

He was cut off...

I wish your brains were as large as your brute muscle, General Compar.

It was Muil.

Ah, Muil. You better have a good explaination...

For the creature, oh, I do. Hold on a bit.

Muil pulled out his telepanel and contacted the Darth himself...

Sir, what was the race you contacted that was to be here this morning?

The Peregrine, Muil. What is going on? I am busy.

Let me put you on speaker, and explain this to my light-headed General Compar friend. Sir, he is now arresting the crew from the 3rd and 4th Destroyer and is also arresting this winged Peregrine creature!

Compar! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!

Ahem, you see, sir...

Muil, have Compar removed. He will have no punishment, but he is now unauthorized to make contact with foreign empires.

Yes, sir. Goodbye. You heard our Darth, remove General Compar immediately.

YES, SIR!

Now, creature. What is it you would like to discuss?

Continue, Fjorxc.
              Please Visit:
              http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Perfect test of our translating equipment, Captain Gonder thought. And to his surprise, it had worked very well up to this point. After hearing the factfile on the...Peregrines it could interpret the language fairly well and produce redimentary sentences in...Peregrinian? Gonder gave the affirmative to the Peregrine's request for a rendezous..It appeared to him that the Peregrine was able to dock with the Pretorius, and after a few minutes of translation that was taken care of.
                The Captain of the Peregrine ship stepped onto the Delian ship...My god. The thing looks like a f ucking ostrich!
                "Wealth and strength," the Captain said, and immediately reprimanded himself mentally. The Peregrines would not understand the traditional Delian greeting. "Hello," the Captain said.
                The establishment of a Hebrew government and the implementation of its plans - this is the sole way of rescuing our people, salvaging our existence and our honor. We will follow this path, for there is no other. We will fight! Every Jew in our homeland will fight!

Comment

OOC: Wow. Got a lot of stuff to deal with here. Okay, this'll probably be response to Spartan, then Polaris, than Gibster. That's how it should work, yeah.

--------------------

Captain Clotho Celera of the Confederacy starship Adventurer reached into her holster and slowly, carefully placed her sidearm on the ground, followed by the pair of security that had accompanied her. There was no sense in creating any false illusions with this... creature, after all.

Goddess, it looks like a fucking two-runner! Celera thought. A thought of reprimand crossed her brain immediately -- what if this species was telepathic? She'd have just committed a major diplomatic faux pas.

Instead, she beat her wings in the air, enough to lift her feet an inch or two off the ground, stopping a few seconds later upon confirmation that this ship was definitely not designed for winged folk. "Optissima venta," she said in her most cultured voice. "I am Clotho Celera of the Peregrine Confederacy Starshield, and am delighted to have met you."

The two captains talked about a number of issues, eventually moving to a conference room. Among Celera's suggestions was that the Pretorius accompany the Adventurer back to Concord to establish proper diplomatic relations. Sure, they still had two months' more scouting work to do, but surely first contact with a race of aliens overshadowed such piffling concerns.

--------------------

"First, I'd like to apologize for the trouble I may have caused you," Ariadne said, trying to be respectful to her Federation hosts. "I'm sure that this is not an ordinary situation." Ariadne idly wondered why she was referred to as "creature" before deciding they simply didn't have anything more descriptive to apply to her.

"Generals are like that," Muil said, his sweat-soaked brow drying off in seconds. "All pomp, no thinking, get rid of anyone who gets in their way. I'm sure you must have some yourself."

"Yes, yes, of course," Ariadne said, smiling. "Now then, shall we get to business? We have many things to discuss between us."

"Yes, certainly!" Muil said, leading Ariadne to the table. He was about to offer her a chair when her looked at the chair, at Ariadne, at the chair, and Ariadne again. "I'd offer you a seat, but you, uhh, don't seem to be designed the same way as us."

"To tell you the truth, we did not expect to sit at all," Ariadne admitted. "It's difficult to realize that some species could be so divergent, and yet so similar in many respects."

Muil nodded. In the streets of the capital, Ariadne could pass for a normal, albeit beautiful, citizen of the Federation. At least, the part above her waist.

"I understand completely. You are quite unlike what I expected our first alien contact to look like. Now then, we shall begin our business."

The two parties talked for hours, on topics as varied as language to history to government to society. All of it was recorded, of course, both by the Federation and the Peregrines. This discussion would make an excellent addition to the Great Library of Concord. Some of the major topics that were discussed were:

1) Trade tready between Peregrine Confederacy and Imperial Trade Federation
                  2) Whether or not "Imperial" and "Federation" in a government title is a contradiction in terms
                  3) Exchange of ambassadors
                  4) Delegation of ITF officials to make official visit to Concord
                  5) Non-aggression pact between Confederacy and Federation

Please respond to these, Polaris.

--------------------

Its silver hull glittering with the ancient light of a million stars, the Confederacy blockade runner Mercuria waited at the rendezvous zone. The Preteon ships were due any moment, and the Confederacy did not want to disappoint.

A pinprick of light eventually spiraled outward with the light of a thousand suns, cascading into an ethereal portal to another realm. From within it came a triad of destroyers, each blocky-looking and gunmetal grey, with numerous weapon ports in visibility. Across their hulls were stenciled what must have been their names in the Preteon language. To the Peregrine eye, it looked functional, efficient, and mind-warpingly ugly.

Several kind messages were transmitted by the Mercuria, followed by several more veiled insults that had already come to be expected from the Technocracy. After a few moments, the blockade runner wheeled about and opened a portal of its own, guiding the Preteon representatives to Concord. The heart of the Confederacy.

Comment

Upon completion the Ki-Maja surveyor fleet comprised of light gun boats left Maja to explore the cosmos. Each ship departing on seemingly random courses. The Gunboat Kosh was heading towards what would soon be known to the Ki-Maja as the Coffee Shop Confederation. The Amazing Grace was on a collision course with The Foundation. Eternal Pyre was destined to reach Trilarians. The other two Gunboats were heading into mostly empty space.

Meanwhile work on the Planetary Guardians continued for their upcoming invasion of the Mhadoras Systems. Copied from old plans from the height of the Ki-Maja dominion, the Guardians represented the most powerful ships ever concieved by the Ki-Maja of yesterday. Modifications were made ,of course, to the ships to handle Energy Beings. The Guardians and all other Ki-Maja ships are made of mostly organic living materials. Some crucial parts of the Guardians were, however, made of pure energy.

Comment

Polaris the creation of my thread wasnt out of spite or anything, dont get me wrong, i intended to play both, i just was thinking about those of us who are intimidated or whatever by the complex math part of your thread!! hahaha!! I completely agree with you on the realism thing, but rest assured my post is coming later!!
                      We all know what Sodomy is, but does anyone actually know what Gomorrahmy is? I heard that bible thumpers are nazi hillbillies from Arkansas who crossbred with Martha Stewart and are also the gay lovechildren of Andy Warhol and Godzilla...but i cant remember where...oh wait Satan told me that at my Satan Church "Brainwash Children to be Homosexuals" Convention!

Comment

It would be ten more minutes until noon and Sri'ana was on the 1000th floor of the Temple of Enetet. The priest came, greeted him, and gave him a glass of rare Jinanen water. "Mieya Enetet bae wi yi," the priest said. May God be with you. Sri'ana smiled and went up the stairs towards the summit of the pyramid-shaped Temple.

----------

(Broadcasting on channel 1, interplanetary transmissions from the Yili'an telecommunications outpost, hyperspace relay by way of telecommunication stations on Xamoli'ana to all systems of the Republic of Daxoko)

"Thisi is Telanin Duwari, reportae furos Daxoko Nathcinalae Newzo. It is almostos non here actci das basi de Tamphuoli anño wae arae watina furos CEO Vaetari Sri'ana deci mako his spechi. Here he isi nowe:"

----------

(Lucky for you ) Translation services provided by:

The Toothpaste and Alcohol Corporation
                        The National Institute for Space Exploration
                        The Interplanetary Mining Corporation
                        Daxoko Today
                        The National Diamond Academy
                        and....

The Interplanetary Telecommunications Corporation

Providing your interplanetary telecommunications needs, whether it be telephone, holophone, or plain old physical mail since 52333

(Just for you to know, today on Daxoko it is Aphrili 29, 53865)

----------

Sri'ana was at the summit and waited for the crowd to quiet.

---------

Relay services provided by:

The National Institute for Planetary Communications
                        The National Institute for Interplanetary Communications
                        The National Institute for Galactic Communications
                        The National Institute for Universal Communications
                        The Daxoko Sector Relay Telecommunications and Mailing Services, Incorporated
                        The Ministry of Information

-----------

Public Service Announcement:

To all satellite holovision viewers subscribing to Satelvision:

Channel 472 will be temporarily off due to a satellite malfunction.

-----------

"Children of Enetet! For thousands of years we have been one of the most advanced civilizations in the Galaxy, but with the Invasion, Occupation, and Liberation, our advanced knowledge was lost, and we were reduced back to the time of the ancients.

"Many of you have said that we will never achieve the greatness of our ancestors, that we will never again reach out towards the stars beyond the Cluster. You may still think so, but today I bring news of the greatest importance to the Republic and to the citizens our great civilization.

"17 days ago during a mining expedition to Jumna, one of Jatroko's moons, explorers found a small cave. Within it were several large boxes. Within each box were hundreds, if not thousands of data crystals. It contains the knowledge of our ancestors."

Sri'ana paused, then went on.

"Found near the cave was a small spacecraft believed to belong to the person who hid the knowledge in the cave. It is thought that during the Invasion, in an attempt to preserve and hide our knowledge from the enemy, someone downloaded the entire contents of the Library of Enetet into thousands of data crystals. It is not known how they did this, considering that the Empire came quickly and swiftly, but I thank this unknown person for his attempt to ensure that we do not lose our heritage.

"Though it will take no doubt, many years before we can decipher it all, due to the fact that it is encoded in ancient d'Enetet, we will, in time, be equal in knowledge to our ancestors, and we will surpass them. And we will, in time, come back to the glory of our ancestors.

"So I urge you, the citizens of the Republic, I urge you, the members of our glorious civilization, to donate a few dollars to research the decoding of our newfound knowledge. I urge you, to fund for our glory. I urge you, to fund for the future."

------------------

Today at Phaerdon Tower, stocks rose 78 points to 34,577 after the insurance company, Muranihan Corporation, won a lawsuit filed by Reloko Germinan, claiming that Muranihan failed to provide adequate health care for his great-great-great-uncle Renan Germinan, causing his death at age 487 due to complications from blood poisoning.

In other news, telecommunications companies have filed a lawsuit against Markosoft , saying that faulty software caused several communications blackouts during the Festival of the Moon....
                        Minister of UFQPOT
                        Division of the (un)glorious PROT!
                        CEO of the SSPC

Comment

And so it began. Operation Destruction Rains From The Heavens was on. Biochemical weapons rained from the tranquil skies of all non-civilized worlds 10 light years from Trilar Prime.

The weapon was modified so that it killed creatures whose DNA was 80>-procentically non-Trilarian- to cleanse the "faults of evolution".

The battle group Evolutionary Subjugation reigned from system to another to cleanse them for colonization by the sacred Trilarian race.
                          Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

To the empires of the galaxy:
                            The Necrontyr is very interested in meeting another civilization after centuries of laying dormant. We would rather travel to your space than you to ours, as it has been long since we hasve seen the galaxy. Necrontyr out.

Comment

DURAII MILITARY ORDERS:
                              Military Budget: $355
                              20 Mobile Infantry - $40
                              maintenance - $20
                              20 frigates - $ 200
                              same design as before - $ 110 maintenace
                              8 destroyers - $112
                              same design - $60

General Message Sent into the Cosmos

As the two Blocakde Runners to the Galaxia system did not see any unusual vessels, Chancellor Tinderus has given an unusual order to the commications relays across the Empire.

After a long and serious discussion with his senior scientific numbers, the following message was sent, in hopes that other races would recieve the transmission, and be able to trace it and send a return:

"1,3,5,7,11,13,17,23,29,31..."
                              (all prime numbers... were going till above one thousand... using radio pulses... al la Contact)

Duraii, seeking more space for burgeoning homeworlds, send out forces to colonize surrounding planets

The Duraii, seeking to expand to alleviate crowding problems on their main homeworld of Euron, have sent the following colonization fleets:

COLONY FLEET ONE:
                              2 frigates
                              1 destroyer
                              1 transport (2 MI)

heading to Trebezon system (system straight above my area of control)
                              - Trebezon is known to be inhabited by the Zephherid people... stonge age hunters and gatherers, until our traders encountered then 50 years ago. With our assistance they have progressed to a strange, unnatural conglomeration of stonge age and modern cultural values.
                              They rely heavily upon us for trade, and a few MIs should be sufficent to ensure that they will accept ou suzerianity.
                              They inhabit the only planet of this system...

II COLONIZATION FLEET:
                              4 destroyers
                              3 frigates
                              1 transport - 3 MIs

These will be traveling to the Warble system (up and to the left of the systems I control), which is known to be inhabitted by a people termed teh Churba, which are at the intial stages of space faring. They will pose the most difficult challenge for us. Their weapons are still mostly based on the primitve system of chemically explosive propulsion... ie. guns. Their weapons have an accuracy of maybe 80 chekpas (70 km) at most...
                              Their intial forays into space have been rockets... 3 MIs along with a bombardment fleet if it becomes neccessary should be sufficient to encourage them to join...

They inhabit the fourth planet in this system of 6... Three of the otehrs are gas ginats with 10+ moons each, and the final ones are terrestrials as well, though uninhabited...

COLONY FLEET III:
                              2 frigates
                              1 transport (2 MIs)

These are heading for the Vlinon system... which we know from trader reports and scouting teams is uninhabited. Its five planets are small and terristrial, and would provide a great source for minerals.
                              [This message has been edited by General_BT (edited April 25, 2000).]

Comment

Captain Gonder was visibly excited...he was already thinking up the opening paragraph of his book We are not Alone. He was betting billions would buy the book and provide him with capital enough to become an industrial entrepreneur...finally he would bring some honor to the Gonder name.
                                "Excuse me, captain. Captain?"
                                "Yes?
                                "Perhaps the Pretorius could follow us back to Concord, to begin diplomatic relations?"
                                "Well actually the Pretorius doesn't have Shut up you idiot! This could add chapters to your book!...err, yes that would be most pleasing the CUD.

Comment

Working...
                                X