Suriname IX: "The New Beginning" Brainstorming Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suriname IX: "The New Beginning" Brainstorming Thread

Ok, for a new Suriname (which Coug started hastily), we need some ground rules. Back in the day, we had vetern story posters that could constrain themselves, unlike some today (glances at Bill).

Some Rules:

(Some) Imran Rules of Story Thread Posting:

-Two Nations are needed to take over another nation (No exceptions! It can be US v. Bangladesh).

-No revolts or internal strife by others.

-Have fun

---------

I'll moderate this Brainstorming. We'll have to decide whether to have a mod in this one or not.

Questions for decision:

-Mod or no Mod? In the old days we didn't have one, but with some newbies...

-Technology Advancement? How do we regulate it?

-No Bill3000? See other Suriname!

Add your own.

Oh, and Suriname is a Earth and Space based story thread, with mythical and magical powers, but NO DEITIES OR GODS!

Thank You.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

- I disagree with the Two nations needed to take over another nation thing. If you get conqured- you can always start again as another nation.

- We should have a mod- but have strict limitations- as in only being able to enforce the rules we set down here on this post.

- Tech Advancement- I'd be willing to use common sense if everyone else is.

- I agree with No Bill3000. He was the one who started the whole Deity thing- Scott and I followed- but that was only to be able to counter what Bill had started.

- I agree with the No Gods rule.

- I would also like to point out that in TW and TW 99, If somebody posted something too outrageous- it can be ignored.

Comment

What happened to teh Suriname space empires?

I wanted to have the Duraii take to teh space lanes again... oh well

Comment

Well, there was a SORT of moderation in Suriname... but that was confined to DarthVeda's invocations of the Powers That Be. The first time was when Starchild went insane and nuked Europe, and I can't recall what YYYH did to warrant the other one.

But you're not totally blameless yourself, Imran. I mean, come on -- bringing down the communists with a fleet of one BILLION ships?

And as for the title, I liked Suriname IX: The Great Experiment better. Whatever it comes oot to, I guess.

------------------
        We will never forget...
        Free Spink and YYYH!

Your faithful and hell-bent NIMadier CWALer,
        Fjorxc the Maniac

"Starchild's post is stricken from the thread due to its utter unrealism. This is a high school, not the Council of Doom and Death."
        -LordStone1

"HAHAHAH! Starchild is such a moron!"
        -Imran Siddiqui
        [This message has been edited by Fjorxc (edited April 21, 2000).]

Comment

OK, well, I personally think it's mean to just turn Bill away. He might not be the best poster, but look at it this way, he can only get better right? We shouldn't just abandon him, we should help him get better. We shouldn't just ban him.
          Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

It might be mean if we turned a poster away if it was his first thread- but Bill has been bad for several threads now. He has had time to improve- he has seen other people post realalistically- but he hasn't gotten better. In fact, if anything, he's gotten worse, because the thread I remember him the best at was World '99- and he wasn't that good then. Sicne W99- his posts have gotten worse. If this thread is to have little or no moderation- Bill should be out.

Comment

Give him a test run. The first time he goofs, he's outta here, ok?
              The honorary duty of a human being
              is to love, I am human and nothing
              human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

In any case, I'm excited about trying out Suriname. It may come as a surprise to many of you, but I have never been in a Suriname thread. I came to Apolyton just barely as the last few threads were wrapping up....
                The honorary duty of a human being
                is to love, I am human and nothing
                human can be alien to me.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

I can take care of "it" with the Powers that Be once again. I'm amazed somebody remembered that

I mean, didn't the original suriname start like more than a year and a half ago?

I don't remember too many rules for the original suriname. Heck, we even allowed weapons of mass destruction. But knowing some crazed "my empire has grown out of a canteloupe to become the leader of a galaxy" in one post threaders, we'll need to have some loose rules and perhaps an elastic clause that gives me the Powers That Be.

One note though: Should we start this in off-topic or in S&D?

Comment

Well, Ming said he's allow us one thread in the OTF, why not this one?
                    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Yes... Suriname should return to its roots.

Okay, tell you what. I'll go through the threads, determine what would be an interesting starting time, then write up a small infopacket on the major governments, major systems, events, stuff like that. Then we can just continue from there. Sound good?

Edit: And seeing as how this was my idea to begin with, I reserve the right to utterly strangle anyone else who starts it. I also reserve the right to be moderator if nobody else minds.

------------------
                      We will never forget...
                      Free Spink and YYYH!

Fjorxc the Maniac

"Starchild's post is stricken from the thread due to its utter unrealism. This is a high school, not the Council of Doom and Death."
                      -LordStone1

-Imran Siddiqui
                      [This message has been edited by Fjorxc (edited April 21, 2000).]

Comment

Ok, Forks, thanks for being mod, now I can post!

I'd like a no-Mod posting rule, and shall not join a new Suriname if Bill3000 is in it.

BT, there will be space empires... I guess the Great Experiment shall be during the time period of the originals.

And Forksy, I used 1 Billion ships so that I could bring down the Communists who violated so many rules it is incredible! Come on, a small band of workers takes over a great empire (which violates the revolt act), FROM an irradiated portion of North America.

Anyway, this should be in the OT, and Mod should be able to decide to exclude a poster if the majority agree.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Well then, as my first act as moderator of Suriname IX: The Great Experiment...

DarthVeda is hereby forbidden to have control of the extended Darlok Empire. Darth, you can have a small group of Darloks completely cut off from how many other dimensions you have, but you are not bringing your entire empire in again. Somehow, having 8 Doom Stars in the final Hive battle THE SIZE OF THE FRIGGING SUN strikes me as a TAD unrealistic.

Even for Suriname.

There, I'm done now.

------------------
                          We will never forget...
                          Free Spink and YYYH!

Fjorxc the Maniac

-LordStone1

-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Dude, that's gay!

I have half the nerve to fukkin' boycott this effort!
                            [This message has been edited by DarthVeda (edited April 21, 2000).]

Comment

Actually I back Fjorxc, We should all start out relatively even in size and power.

Oh, and if Bill is in, then I'm out.
                              [This message has been edited by Imran Siddiqui (edited April 21, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X