No announcement yet.

Hellenistic Era NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

persia sends 2 thirds of its army to take back egypt.

OOC:
    Regarding the actual numbers hting. I like that idea a olt, but it could get quite complex. You'll have to supply the numbers, for my army, b/c it would aboviously be unfair of me to create my own.
    Can we just limit it to troop numbers? I don't wna to specify how much of each kind of soldier, boat, etc. that I have. I like NES, not math
    I like the currency thing too. I think that introducing some form of economics into this would really add to the fun.
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

You should really have a look at that NES on Strategic Command Center, it has implemented the troops and economy. It works perfectly and the maths needed are limited to simple addition
      (The link is in my signature, but you may have to register there...)

As for the army numbers: It´s no problem to get them. I already have founds army composition of Persia and Macedonia at this time. Since Athens and Sparta weren´t independent anymore IRL, I would just guess some realistic numbers based on what they contributed to Alexander´s army.

Upkeep is hard to do, basically I´d say it´s enough to replenish them frequently, which costs money. Also many nations would have special boni:
      Athens (Attic Federation) would get a huge morale bonus when defending their homelands, plus many armed citizens joining the army in that case.
      Persia would get tributes from the provinces it controls, each turn!
      Sparta would have elite troops, best land warfare skills in the area.
      Carthage would have a high trade income, but the army would be more expensive (only mercaneries), maybe it would have the only army that demands upkeep.
      Rome would get an offensive bonus, or maybe leaders, or just cheaper troops.

There are many possibilities...

-Should we continue this NES in this thread? With old rules or the new ideas? What map should we use? Or shall I open a new thread "Advanced Hellenistic NES"?
      Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
      Let me eat your yummy brain!
      "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

It’s your prerogative, Micha. I like the map but my vote as a player is against the numbered stats/numbered driven economy. I don’t like them, they’re too rigid and not as indicative.
        Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Hi guys, sorry i've been off for a while. I was (and still am) sorta...er...exiled from the internet. In fact, I still am now! ! Hopefully, this exile will end soon, and, when it does, I would be delighted to join (if it's not over by then).

P.S. I like the Hellenistic NES idea. It's the best age for wars and contentions .
          If I only had a brain...

Comment

Hope you can join soon Nylan.

325 to 321 BC

King Antigonus of Macedon had worked long and hard to gain power and he was not about to let any of it slip away. The diplomatic situation was stable for the time being, but events threatened to once again throw the region into chaos sometime soon. Even more pressing was the situation at home. The countryside nobles stubbornly held onto every scrap of influence they could, sometimes perpetrating actions on the verge of open rebellion. They had been ironed out under Antigonus’ two predecessors, Philip and Alexander, but in the period of chaos following Alexander’s death they had picked up some of their “bad habits” again. Now it was time to rule . Following Philip’s example, which had lapsed during Alexander’s short reign and the period afterwards, Antigonus reintroduced the system of selection for officials : The king would appoint the most capable and loyal, to better control his populace and his wayward nobles. Antigonus also had a knack for playing enemy aristocrats against each other. The disobedient would be penalized, and the loyal would be rewarded at the disobedient’s expense. In this way power was moving more firmly into the hands of the throne and being executed by a more capable staff of bureaucrats.
            Antigonus also drilled the army rigorously and sent them on tasks to keep them both capable and firmly under his control.
            Macedonia is also sending delegates to treat with the barbarian tribes to the north, to discover their strengths, weaknesses, and relations with neighboring tribes in order to be able to exploit and manipulate any advantages in the future. In aid of this and other diplomatic relationships, Antigonus has expanded the embassorial corps, both to keeo a pulse on other nations...and to watch over things at home.

Macedon to Graecia Magna :

We both hold strategic positions in this world of ours, threatened by adversaries but also holding key tactical and trade locations. For the benefit of both of us, we suggest a military and naval alliance, to better cement our security.

To Lydia :

Hello. Persia stirs again, so shortly after she was last beaten. Do you want to be enslaved again? Do you want to be enslaved again? Persia already bites at Egypt, and has shown a ready inclination to come our direction. We propose and alliance to fend off against any enemies. Perhaps we could also increase our trade in order to strengthen the coffers of our kingdoms?

To Athens :

At odds with the rest of Greece, you are weak. Join an alliance with us, and Sparta will not be able to challenge you, and you
            Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Upkeep is hard to do, basically I´d say it´s enough to replenish them frequently, which costs money. Also many nations would have special boni:
              Athens (Attic Federation) would get a huge morale bonus when defending their homelands, plus many armed citizens joining the army in that case.
              Persia would get tributes from the provinces it controls, each turn!
              Sparta would have elite troops, best land warfare skills in the area.
              Carthage would have a high trade income, but the army would be more expensive (only mercaneries), maybe it would have the only army that demands upkeep.
              Rome would get an offensive bonus, or maybe leaders, or just cheaper troops.
              I don't mind the economic thing, but the special troops, and stuff is taking it a tad too far, at least for me. If everyone else is game for it, then I'll still play.

Persia to Macedon and Lydia

We only seek to take back wha tbelongs to the Persian people. We are in the midst of an inner turmoil, and we feel that to truly unite the people of Persia, we need all fo them. We do not wish to be violent. Should the Egyptian territories wish to form a strong alliance with Persia, we would much rather do so.

Persia to Lydia, and Ionia

Persia would like to appeal to to Ionia, and Lydia, to ally with them to promote worldwide peace. To show them our good faith, we would like delgates to attend a special Peace Festival on the wonderful Island of Cypros. To attract the countries to the Pece Festival, we have invited the world famous actor
              Morgan Freeman to atend hte conference.

Comment

Macedon to Persia :

well...so long as we don't have any redos of "Darius' Big Adventure" or "Big Adventure II: Xerxes Strikes Back"

Comment

Persia to Macedon
                  We will do all that is in out power to prevent such a travesty

Comment

NPC Diplomacy

Egypt to Persian Empire
                    Your power is on the decline, and soon your rule will have come to an end. We do not wish to ally with barbarians, and that is what you are!
                    We will fight you wherever we meet, until either one of us is annihilated! And according to our seers, it will be your little kingdom that will sink into the dusts of time!

News (not an update yet!)
                    Pharao Echnaton IV. has managed to rally a rather big army around him. He openly states his intention to march deep into Persian territory, and the locals seem to support him in that.
                    The small kingdom of Cyrenaica seems to have allied with him.
                    The Satrap of Nabataea asks his Persian king for help, as he will be the first target of the Egyptian army.

Carthage to Persia
                    Seems as if you were in troubles? Well, we haven´t forgot your bloody war against Phonicia, our motherland, but we also see the advantages of allying with you in these times. While marching against Persia the kingdoms of Cyrenaica and Egypt are left defenceless, which raises a unique opportunity to strike.
                    We demand yearly shipments of Indian and Mesopotamian luxury goods in exchange for a military alliance against Egypt and Cyrenaica.
                    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES

Comment

Persia t oEgypt
                      You have shown yourself to be agaisnty peace, adn thereby anti communist. Die scum!!!!!!!
                      Persia to Carthage
                      sure thing buddy
                      Persia to Satrap
                      Yes, but only in exchange for money, providing we are successful

Comment

Persian Province of Nabataea to Persian Emperor
                        We heard of a huge egyptian army approaching our lands, and we aren´t able to face this thread alone. We are a province of your empire, and we are loyal to our masters, but we won´t fight an enemy that is seven times stronger than us.
                        If you don´t send troops, we don´t stand a chance against the egytians. In that case, we will have to switch sides and become an Egyptian province.
                        The payment you desire is out of question. As a province, we already pay tributes to your majesty. We simply can´t afford to spend even more...

News
                        In Asia Minor (Turkey), the province of Lycia reports several pro-Persian revolts against the Lydian intruders. On the West coast, the province of Ionia has joined the Lydian kingdom and killed all Persian officials. In Phrygia, the local Persian Satrap has managed to suppress the pro-Lydian movement, but he asks for a Persian army to support him.

Lydia to Macedonia
                        We are already fighting the Persians! We need help, for they are strengthening their fortifications in Phrygia and will soon strike against us!
                        As for the trade: We have lost our supply of Eastern luxury goods and spices due to the war against Persia. We´d appreciate if you could provide us substitudes to that; Any other trade is already at its optimum. Also we need every ship for the war, so expanding our trade would require reallocating war materials to civil purposes, which is out of question right now...

Comment

Macedon to Persia :

Call off your dogs in Lydia.

to Lydia :

We'll see what we can do.

to far off Carthage (A SECRET envoy) :

Greetings, O dwellors of the far side of the world. An opportunity exists for both of us. You have access to Persian ports and markets, and other kingdoms would pay dearly for access to the commodities they offer. You could smuggle goods out to our ships, which, being based more closely to the destinations (and on more friendly terms with the region) could more cheaply transport them to the buyers. Likewise we could act as a transferer of Egyptian goods to you and you could sell them to your end of the Mediterranean, so long as your navy turned a blind eye. In Each case we would both make a tidy profit.

Comment

Carthage to Macedonia (SECRET)
                            Your offer sounds interesting. Really interesting. But you know this MUST be kept secret! Should the Persians discover the smuggle, we will deny any knowledge of it.
                            On this term, we have a deal. May your cities prosper in peace.

Comment

btw I updated the 320 BC stats

Implement trade arrangements (secretly) as agreed with Carthage.

Comment

Peopleschen L'Respulika de Athenikia

Knowledgius Aboveius Allius

The Peopleschen L'Respulika de Athenikia would like to announce its neutrility in petty Earth politics.
                                However we understand it is hard for you inferiors to control your lower brain functions, and thus we are going to assign an area where you may all fight. The winner of these battles may defend Athenikia
                                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                                X