No announcement yet.

Hellenistic Era NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. You cannot control other nations. This is exactly what I meant. Your MFA soon grew bigger than Europe, and you were the only one who determined that. You cannot name a nation that then becomes your ally.
    You can offer an alliance, but the mod should answer it. That´s the way to go. And that´s the very reason why a mod shouldn´t play a country himself.

If you can get more countries, I´d like to be the mod. I would then drop my claims on Carthage...
    i'm not saying that I want to relicate the Morgan Freeman Alliance exactly, besides that, how was Mexico ever going to f*** China? Certainly not with the prestigious Mexican Airforce! I realize the MFA was friggin huge, but I took lots of crappy countries. Sort of a lower class revolt in terms of nations.
    I think if we are to form bonds with NPC's then they should only be with countries that are crap.
    I agree with you about hte mod thing, I'd like it much more if alliances of the morgan freeman sort, could be determined by the mod.
    I htink that in this NES we are going to have ot have hte mod play a country, for anything interesting to happen.
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Hypocrite

Comment

At least you didn´t Double-post again

Well, if there are no objections, I´d like to be mod, at least for the start. Foolish can take over anytime.

I think you´re right with the mod having to play a country, but the other players should watch out so that there aren´t any advantages for the mod´s country.
        Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
        Let me eat your yummy brain!
        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Hellenistic Era NES' Boring.
          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Then maybe you shouldn´t join?
            Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES

Comment

Go for it Micha. And please, play as a country as well.

Sorry Tassadar. My reasoning was that an NES like this could survive with fewer players, whereas a more modern one would need more players than we have. You should play anyway.

I'll take Macedon.
              Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Or maybe you should join tass, and make it interesting. So you can't play as China or Russia, but you cna still change your nation to communist, who knows, maybe the GCC will be recreated. Just give it a chance
                AND YOUR UNDYING SUPPORT!

Comment

But there are two things:

1. The stats aren't all that different.
                  2. I know nothing about ancient history.

Comment

You think I know anything period? I tried to make Mexico an illeterate Aztec country in 2010 for christ(Lenin)'s sake!

You don't need to know about history. Just, how to post. And what does it matter about hte stats? Don't be such a friggin ***** tass, come on, jsut join for a little bit, to get it off the ground.

Comment

OK, OK...I'll take athens, so I can always ponder deep philisophical questions such as "Lenin....or Stalin?"

Comment

LENIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh, btw thanks for helping us get this off the ground tass

Comment

Carthage, 325 b.c.

Log of the "Pytusis", cpt. Hanno
                            Day 11. We have just passed the pillars of Hercules. Still, we didn´t fall off the edge of the world. The land to the north looks promising. It´s not that fertile, but rich in metals and whool. Expedition Counsil decided to return to Carthage to report the discovery. I won´t return. Not yet...

Carthage
                            After the reports about the rich lands to the West, many citizen signed up for the colonization fleet. Twenty-seven galleys - fine, black phoenician warships - were loaded in the huge harbour of Carthage. Half of them were stuffed with building material and food. Well, not really food, but living chickens, pigs and other domesticated animals.
                            As the sun rose, the fleet set sail to the West. None of the 1300 colonists on board planned to ever return home...

Gades, Iberia, 323 b.c.
                            Life wasn´t that bad for the Gadese, though they still lacked some of the comforts of Carthage. But who really needs arenes? The people here had better things to do than attending horse races... Mining copper, for example. Lots of copper.
                            Only 14 months after the foundation of Gades, just west of the pillars of Hercules, the small colonial town had turned into a prospering harbour. Roughly 8,000 people claimed the title "Gadese", a good junk of them were working in the copper mines. Almost daily the huge Cartharginian trading ships entered the port, unloaded tons of wheat and whool, loaded metals and left for the capital again...
                            As of now, no natives have been spotted along the Iberian coast. Though some say there were savage tribes hiding in the mountains, ready to massacre anyone in sight. Though the same people also say they had slain the Calodonian boar themselves...

Comment

Persia asks its people(mod) as to what their demands are to keep them fro mrevolting.

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                                Persia asks its people(mod) as to what their demands are to keep them fro mrevolting.
                                The area of the Persian empire hosts too many ethnic groups to name them. All of them want to break free in order to regain their former independence, but none of them is strong enough to really threaten the empire alone. However, a good part of the Persian army (which is the largest in the world) should always stay home, for a garrisoned province isn´t very likely to break apart.
                                Only the province of Egypt has managed to get out of Xerxes´ grip, and it now is independant. Maybe the Persian emperor shouldn´t let that go through... At least the Egyptian coastline is still under Persian control, but for how long?

OOC
                                When I went through several historical maps, I realized that Carthage at that time owned southern Spain, the Baleares, most of North Africa and Sardinia, even parts of Sicily. Why is it so small in your map, Foolish? Also Lydia is way too large in your map. two third of it should be Macedonia...

Map I made, with proposed expand of Carthage and Persia, Reworked Rome and Lydia, marked province borders in case of rebels or tribute and basically many changes to the original map. s it acceptable?

And another thing:
                                Could we perhaps change the army and navy statistics into real numbers? I´ve seen it work perfectly, and it would allow for much more things to do!
                                example:
                                "1st Persian Battlefleet" - Straits of Athens - 25 galleys
                                "Athens Defence Corps" - Athens - 3,500 hoplites; 800 archers
                                Also we could introduce some kind of currency, allowing for better control of orders. So, for example, you could build several ships AND train some troops in the same turn, while building a fort on the border... Each country would get its own income, which can fluctuate due to trade, metal deposits and captured/looted enemy wealth. Only the mods would be able to change income... While the players can encourage it by writing good stories.

Have a look at the SCC NES (link in my signature, "Age of Explorations") to see a working model of that kind...

Comment

Working...
                                X