Nostalgia Diplomacy Spring 2004 Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia Diplomacy Spring 2004 Results

edit: adjudication screw up, there is a Russian fleet in Lit and a Polish army in Lat and the moves getting 'em there succeaded.

Many thanks to Shi Huangdi for taking over a mercy position. Looks like the west is pretty stalemated now what with it being impossible for the Spanish to break the Frenchie's line without getting a fleet into Bis and it being damn hard for the Brits to press the Germans while keeping the resurgent Ruskies' hands of their possessions. And the old question still looms, who the hell is going to stop the Turks? The Italians can only do it for long and the Egyptians seem to be loyal little lap dogs...

Italian, Russian and Polish retreats due ASAP with fall orders due Tuesday 10:30 EST.

UK (*EiF*)
    F Alg-WME
    F BRN-Mur (move fails)
    F Lap S F BRN-Mur
    F Den-BHM
    F Swe S F Den-BHM
    F NTH-Den
    F Edi-NTH
    F Lon-ENG

Poland (Amon Savag)
    GOB-STP (move fails)
    LIT-LAT (move fails)
    BIE-MOS (move fails, unit dislodged, can retreat to Pod, Lat, War or OTB
    GDA H
    KRA H

France (SnowFire)
    F Bor-Nav (move fails)
    A Auv H
    A Mar S A Auv (support cut)
    A Swi S A Mar
    A Als-Lyo

Ukraine (Shi Huangdi)
    A Don-Vol (move fails)

Italy (Imran)
    A(Hun) S A(Aus)
    A(Aus) H
    F(Adr) S F(Nap) (support cut, unit dislodged, can retreat to Ven or Apu)
    A(Rom)-Tun (move fails)
    F(Tys) C A(Rom)-Tun
    F(Nap) H
    F(Cro) S F(Adr)

Egypt (GePap)
    A Cai-> Ale
    A Isr-> Cai
    F Mal support F Eme -> Ion
    F Eme->Ion
    F Ion-> Adr
    F Lib->Lbs

Spain (Frozzy)
    F Mon S - F GoL - Mar
    F GoL - Mar (move fails)
    A Bar - Auv (move fails)
    A Nav S A Bar - Auv (support cut)
    F SAO S F SoG - Mor
    F SoG - Mor
    A Tun H

Germany (orange)
    F Ham - Bhm (move fails)
    A Hol - Ham (move fails)
    F Bel - Hol (move fails)
    A Fra - Ber
    A Mun - Sax
    A Ruh - Mun
    A Cze - Kra (move fails)

Turkey (Vlad)
    TF EBS-->Don
    TF Sev S TF EBS-->Don
    TA Ser-->Cro (move fails)
    TF Alb S EF Ion-->Adr
    TA Gre-->Mac
    TF Aeg-->Gre
    TA Bul-->Rum
    TA Ist-->Bul
    TF Ode S TA Bul-->Rum
    TA Ada H
    TA Izm H

Russia (chegitz)
    F MUR H (unit dislodged, can retreat to Whi, Ura or OTB)
    A STP S F MUR H (support cut)
    F BAL - LIT (move fails)
    A MOS - BIE
    A CRP S A MOS - BIE
    A KIE S A MOS - BIE
    F VOL H
    Attached Files
    Stop Quoting Ben

Why does Poland's A LIT- LAT fail? There's nothing stopping it. He should have succeeded, and my navy should have taken LIT.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Also, F Mur is dislodged as the support from StP was cut...
      Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Ah, well you've got that in the Russian orders and also on the map, but you have the move down as a failure in my orders...

Comment

Couple of things:

A fleet in Adriatic can't support a fleet in naples: a fleet in Adr can't move into Naples! Thus no ability to support. the order was illegal

Second..nice lap-dog comment

I have no problems coming in #2, having started with Egypt.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
            I have no problems coming in #2, having started with Egypt.
            In Diplomacy if anyone solos everyone loses, if you have just under half of the SCs on the board and someone else solos this is just as much of a loss as if you were the first power eliminated. Playing towards somone elses's solo rather than towards at least a draw is a direct violation of the spirit of the game and I greatly disaprove. However I can't control how you play, so continue as you please.
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

GePap: if you'd have stabbed Turkey in Fall 1902 or Spring 1903 you'd be in pole position now...

Comment

Playing towards somone elses's solo rather than towards at least a drag is a direct violation of the spirit of the game and I greatly disaprove.

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
                  Also, F Mur is dislodged as the support from StP was cut...
                  I like how you've gotten Poland to sacrifice its life for your glory. Excellent bit of Diplomacy there.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    Why does Poland's A LIT- LAT fail? There's nothing stopping it. He should have succeeded, and my navy should have taken LIT.
                    Hey! Fix this! At least acknowledge it.

Comment

um che, the edited top of the post has been that way for a while.
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko

In Diplomacy if anyone solos everyone loses, if you have just under half of the SCs on the board and someone else solos this is just as much of a loss as if you were the first power eliminated. Playing towards somone elses's solo rather than towards at least a draw is a direct violation of the spirit of the game and I greatly disaprove. However I can't control how you play, so continue as you please.

The game is named diplomacy, and one works under such a system, you know, a DIPLOMATIC one. Every player decides where their interest lie and move on them..some choose and plan badly..other's don't. The game has just begun..if everyone out there sees Turkey as such a threat, I don;t see any other powers acting in such a manner, you know, doing diplomacy. Everyone has had my e-mail address...some simply have chosen not to use it, and I have.

Egypt wiull do what is in Egypt's interests..if other powers are dismayed, well, say something, make offers, or don't, and Egypt will continue to play how Egypt see's it's interests.

GePap: if you'd have stabbed Turkey in Fall 1902 or Spring 1903 you'd be in pole position now...

Interesting notions...sadly, no one ever made any offers to make it worth ones time to be the one signled out to take on the lion alone. Again, for a game of diplomacy, I have seen surprisingly little aimed my way.....so again, one works within the system, towards one's own interests.

And fix the map mr. moderator.

Comment

Totally untrue...

When in a mercy position, or a position where I'd get little out of the draw, I often play for someone else's solo if they've been honest and loyal to me, especially when it means getting back at someone who's been screwing with me all game! THAT'S Diplomacy.
                          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

And fix the map mr. moderator.
                            There's an updated map on the retreats thread:

When in a mercy position, or a position where I'd get little out of the draw, I often play for someone else's solo if they've been honest and loyal to me, especially when it means getting back at someone who's been screwing with me all game!
                            When in a mercy position you try to pull of a part in a draw by sitting on a stalemate line, only if that is impossible do you start helping other people win . Playing for any other objective but survival (someone else soloing counting as non surviving) and minimization of the size of the draw is metagame that tends to make the game less fun (unless you're playing from a roleplaying perspective or something).
                            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

It's no fun to be the first to die (ask Mr Mitchell) and of course there is plenty of time in this game. Now, if other people were not willing to get together and work together as a balancing coolition,well, either free load or balance..that is how the system works.
                              Plus. there is no such thing as the aim of Diplomacy..that is the beauty of this game..its free nature, its devious and underhanded nature.

So stop being the Man and tyring to box us in, Mr. Square!

Comment

Working...
                              X