Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Newbie" Dip

Hi all,

I've volunteered to GM "Newbie" Dip, and in the interests of avoiding procrastination, I'm posting a new thread to see if anyone has any great objections.

I have the following down as players.

civman2000
    Oerdin
    foolish_icarus
    chegitz guevara
    - Groucho -
    laurentius
    Frozzy

Unless anyone has any objections I can take the preferences already expressed in the previous thread and "fill in the gaps". Alternatively, you can all PM or email (idl100 @ york.ac.uk) me sets of preferences, and also whether you'd prefer Fleet Rome or not.
    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Actually, given that this is a "newbie" game and we have at least one player who has never played before, is it really wise to introduce a variant (albeit a small one)?

Comment

Thank you for volunteering to GM! I have only played two years of an abortive game before, so I don't have much experience, and three of the other players have not played. As for fleet rome, I think it would be best to either vote on it or let the italy player (laurentius, one of those who has never played) choose.

Comment

So I suggest we all submite a list of which countries we want to play from 1, the country you most want to play, through 7, the country you least want to play.

To do this we should e-mail the GM and then he can compare each of our lists and determine who plays which country.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Okay I have preferences from Oerdin.

Comment

Once all of us have submited our prefrences then we can beginning the intial negotiation period. I suggest the intial negotiation period last two days and then all other negotiation periods should be one day in length. The orders would be due at the end of each negotiation period.

Comment

Once all of us have submited our prefrences then we can beginning the intial negotiation period. I suggest the intial negotiation period last two days and then all other negotiation periods should be one day in length. The orders would be due at the end of each negotiation period.
              I think that's way too short. I would prefer 3-5 days for initial negotiations and 2-3 days thereafter. I would have trouble finding time to make my orders in a single day, let alone make all necessary negotiations.

Comment

Ok, three day negotiation periods is slow but doable.

Comment

Working...
                X